UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• ZiconZicon Posts: 263

Another christmas card, this one using both UltraScenery and UltraSceneryXT.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

Zicon said:

oooo... ahhhhhh... Wonderful.  I sure would like getting THIS Christmas Card ;)  Well done Zicon

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,841

Llola Lane said:

Zicon said:

oooo... ahhhhhh... Wonderful.  I sure would like getting THIS Christmas Card ;)  Well done Zicon

I think you just did! wink

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Zicon said:

I think you just did! wink

hummm... maybe... but this one is a little incomplete... all the cards we get have some kind of greeting on them... ;)

• ZiconZicon Posts: 263

Llola Lane said:

hummm... maybe... but this one is a little incomplete... all the cards we get have some kind of greeting on them... ;)

The greeting is on the back, you just have to turn it around. wink

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

Zicon, thank you for another lovely card. My household needed that really bad right now. I have had stomach flu since a week ago and now my flatmate is sick. I have barely been on computers and even forgot one of my passwords. Your cards and everyones' renders that are posted help boost my spirits in this time. Bless you. Mary

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

memcneil70 said:

Zicon, thank you for another lovely card. My household needed that really bad right now. I have had stomach flu since a week ago and now my flatmate is sick. I have barely been on computers and even forgot one of my passwords. Your cards and everyones' renders that are posted help boost my spirits in this time. Bless you. Mary

Mary,

Sorry to hear about your flu. Get well soon.  Hopefully in time for Christmas.

Cheers,

Alex. 

memcneil70 said:

Mary, I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you and your flatmate are feeling better soon.
    My doctor told me that flu is a respiratory disease. She said that if you are having stomach issues, that is not flu, even though people (including me) have called that "stomach flu" for years. This was all surprising to me. Who knew I'd been wrong all these decades! You might want to go get checked out if you are not better real soon.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

Thank you all. The term I found on Google was 'Novu virus' and that it was very high here in Denver. And as I found out staff at my apartment is down also, along with others at the store where Thom works. Adding insult to injury, I went to get tummy friendly food for him and found my battery died overnight. I somehow found the switch for the low beams I had not been able to for years (!) and turned them on last night, thinking I was turning them along with everything else electrical in the van off. AAA was quick and the van is overnight at my repair shop for a full battery filll-up. But Thom is finding that he can't sit at his computers either, like I couldn't last week. Even this week it is hard. No energy, just want to nap. I did loose 10lbs though! Only good thing about being overweight, live off my fat.

All of you take care, wash hands, use tissues, and drink lots of fluids. Be kind to yourselves and your families.

PS @barbult I tried to read your detective work on that problem and I can read the words, but I didn't understand it. :-) I am so thankful you are on the forums and help so many of us everyday.

Mary

Don't worry about the play-by-play of the detective work. HowieFarkes is going to submit a fix. Rest up. 

edited December 2023

I got this Sci-Fi Race Quad recently, so I decided to kick up some dust in the desert.

Kicking Up Dust.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I got this Sci-Fi Race Quad recently, so I decided to kick up some dust in the desert.

I like the dust the quad is kicking up!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

I wonder if any thought could be given to an underwater ecosystem? I've taken the camera for a dunk in the stream and gotten great results. I just wish I could get  a package of underwater terrain and underwater plants. 

edited December 2023

Gogger said:

I wonder if any thought could be given to an underwater ecosystem? I've taken the camera for a dunk in the stream and gotten great results. I just wish I could get  a package of underwater terrain and underwater plants. 

Oh, that might be interesting. I did an underwater scene a long long time ago, too, with the camera under the water, but I've forgotten the details by now. I know I added other plants and fish.

I found it! I rendered this in 2020.

UltraScenery Under Water.jpg
    2500 x 1406 - 3M

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Oh, that might be interesting. I did an underwater scene a long long time ago, too, with the camera under the water, but I've forgotten the details by now. I know I added other plants and fish.

I found it! I rendered this in 2020.

WOW Barb... I knew if anyone could do it... it would be you :)  Awesome!  Thanks for sharing.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305

Well done, Barbult, I like your creations.

• HighlandHighland Posts: 161

HowieFarkes said:

Submitting a fix for the bluebells shortly.

I just noticed there's an update:

- 2023-12-22 Updated Ecology 1 and 7 had incorrect paths in the JSON files to the bluebells props, this update fixes that.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I'm in process of rendering a scene, which to me is very simple. It includes a desert USC and a desert mountain XT plus a lighting from Magix101 Real Dynamic Atmospheres MultiPak | Daz 3D
    I think it must be the lighting setup but this render went for 49 minutes and was stated as 0% in the rendering text box.  I thought maybe a memory thing as I had been rendering and working on this for awhile, so I closed and saved, closed DS. Started it up again a bit ago and no change. It has been rendering for about 15 minutes and still sits at 0%. 

I gues I can try to delete the lighting to see what happens, but if it works, then I have to wonder what is going on with the lighting.  the render so far is attached. 

desert scene with xt-magix101 lighting.jpg
    1806 x 1133 - 471K
    Your scene looks nice. I don't have that linked product. Does the Daz Studio log file have any clues? Does the lighting render properly without UltraScenery products in the scene?
    Another thought, did that lighting change the render settings to speed instead of memory or auto?
  • @daveso Are you rendering using GPU, CPU?

DoctorJellybean said:

@daveso Are you rendering using GPU, CPU?

I'm rendering GPU. I have an Nvidia 4080 16gig ram.  The render ended up taking 2 hours and 29 minutes. Attached the final render. not all that much difference from the short on to complete.  
    @Barbult -- No, it is still set to memory. 
    @Barbult - I hid the ultrascene products. I loaded a prop. The render was so fast it didn't even get a chance to load the rendering dialog box. laugh

So it must be something with the USC products in conjunction with the lighting. I'm going to try some different lights and see what happens. 

2 hours 29 minutes.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited December 2023

One thing that occurred to me just now is the height of the UltraSceene terrain. It is not at "ground level" as far as DS in concerned, because it puts the water cube at ground level Y=0 and the terrain is above the water. I don't know how those lights work. Could there be an issue of them assuming the scene is at ground level? Anyway, your scene still looks nice.

edit for bad spelling

barbult said:

One thing that occurred to me just now is the height of the UltraSceene terrain. It is not at "ground level" as far as DS in concerned, because it puts the water cube at ground level Y=0 and the terrain is above the water. I don't know how those lights work. Could there be an issue of them assuming the scene is at ground level? Anyway, your scene still looks nice.

edit for bad spelling

interestingly, the new lighting is doing the exact same thing. Its been  running for 32 minutes and still at 0% complete. Iteration 64. 
    I think another thing that needs mentioning, using 4.21 I could render a similar scene in 20 minutes with this system. I'm using 4.22.015 now. I'm going to chck my GPU drivers too. I lowered the USC unit to the floor and raided the XT figure to the floor. We shall see. It still appears very slow.  

• daveso said:

The render ended up taking 2 hours and 29 minutes. Attached the final render. not all that much difference from the short on to complete. 

Considering it's USC, maybe that time isn't too bad?

DoctorJellybean said:

daveso said:

The render ended up taking 2 hours and 29 minutes. Attached the final render. not all that much difference from the short on to complete. 

Considering it's USC, maybe that time isn't too bad?

I've never had a render take that long..usually under 45 minutes, even closer to 20. Something changed for sure. I'm thinking 4.22 

this one took 1.5 hours, so mabe thats where its at now.  I think I'll put in a ticket to see what blows up from it. 

the big desert 2 with xt.png
    1800 x 1012 - 4M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited December 2023

It looks like desert scenes take a lot of resources and maybe DS 4.22 has some effect on the rendering times.

I have tested Ultra Scenery with Daz Studio 4.21 Pro with Features: Stones 1, Australian Bush 6

and HDRI from https://www.daz3d.com/tundra-hdri-sunsets-addon

Rendering Time was 23 minutes 37 seconds, so not bad for RTX 2080 graphics card.

us101pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 956K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2023

Artini said:

It looks like desert scenes take a lot of resources and maybe DS 4.22 has some effect on the rendering times.

I have tested Ultra Scenery with Daz Studio 4.21 Pro with Features: Stones 1, Australian Bush 6

and HDRI from https://www.daz3d.com/tundra-hdri-sunsets-addon

Rendering Time was 23 minutes 37 seconds, so not bad for RTX 2080 graphics card.

I might have either something wrong with my DS setup, or my video card is not performing. I have another render going with only an HDR sky and Harpwood Trail. It shows 0% after 32 minutes. A scene like this used to take 20-30 minutes with my 2070 Super using DS 4.21. Now with a 4080 and 4.22 taking 2-3 hours? 

EDIT: now at 40 minutes @ 0% complete

harpwell-1.jpg
    1809 x 1123 - 651K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • It sounds as if something is wrong somewhere.