UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited December 2023

wild..this render, Stones 1 and Australia 6 took 1 minute and 16 seconds ... so maybe it is specific to ecology ... I've never had that much of a difference before. its obvious much less vegetation in this scene though.

australia 6 stones 1 1-16.jpg
    1807 x 1060 - 607K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • sidsid Posts: 432
    edited December 2023

Hello, new to the thread only just getting into UltraScenery this month, also having an issue with the Desert set. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I troubleshoot.

If I load Desert 12 the Builder hangs when it gets to the sage. I tried to keep everything else to defaults, and also tried all default except 'restrict view to camera' where I set it to the default. View is Wireframe, rendering set to memory, no Octane installed etc per the first post of this thread.

From the log where it times out

2023-12-30 07:22:50.243 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Maximum number of samples reached.
    2023-12-30 07:25:34.069 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: J:/Software2D3D/Daz/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

(Even though I have the Viewport view set to Wireframe it still seems to rely on Iray?)

It does not do this on the other desert ecologies I have tried.

desert12.JPG
    1193 x 820 - 93K
    desertstop.JPG
    1206 x 823 - 43K
    Post edited by sid on
  • sid said:

Hello, new to the thread only just getting into UltraScenery this month, also having an issue with the Desert set. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I troubleshoot.

It would help if you could tell us what issue you are having.

sid said:

If I load Desert 12 the Builder hangs when it gets to the sage. I tried to keep everything else to defaults, and also tried all default except 'restrict view to camera' where I set it to the default. View is Wireframe, rendering set to memory, no Octane installed etc per the first post of this thread.

2023-12-30 07:22:50.243 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Maximum number of samples reached.
    2023-12-30 07:25:34.069 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: J:/Software2D3D/Daz/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

(Even though I have the Viewport view set to Wireframe it still seems to rely on Iray?)

If I hide the Sage in the layers screen the build still hangs  but then I get 

2023-12-30 08:03:19.751 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.62s - /environments/landscapes/desert botanica/props/USC Desert Dead Tree 03.duf
    2023-12-30 08:03:19.761 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-30 08:03:19.761 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.381 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.389 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.391 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.397 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.399 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.404 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.405 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.410 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.411 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.417 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.418 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.423 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.424 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2726): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2023-12-30 08:03:20.429 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\elements\dznode.cpp(3161): A node cannot have a child that is its parent in DzNode::addNodeChild()

DoctorJellybean said:

sid said:

It would help if you could tell us what issue you are having.

Sorry Doctor, I think it posted before I finished typing. Have I explained better now?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,841

sid said:

Thank you for checking the first message and doing basic trouble shooting!!! You might be surprised how many users don't do that.

Do you have the Aux Viewport pane in your workspace layout and set to Iray Preview perhaps? That is the only thing I can think of that might cause the Iray render to be going on when your Viewport pane is in Wireframe.

Desert 12 is working fine for me. I tried a couple different Features with it. I don't have the Aux Viewport in my DS layout. My viewport is in Texture Shaded most of the time. I changed it to Wireframe and still had no problem.

If Aux Viewport is not the issue, write back and we can dig some more.

I see you added more infor (the log messages). I see that I get those messages, too. However, the build does not hang for me.

It appears to me that the log messages come from the fallen wood layers. When the scene finishes building, there are instances created for the fallen wood, but no fallen wood prop in the scene for the instances to be instances of. That is not right, but might not be related to your original problem.

What OS are you running. I'm on Windows 10. Are all of your UltraScenery products up to date? It hangs for you but not for me. Something is different between us evidently.

USC Desert 12 Fallen Wood Instances but no assiciated fallen wood prop.jpg
    392 x 167 - 22K

OK, I looked at the USC Desert 12 ecology JSON file. It looks like there is are errors:

1. Fallen Wood and Fallen Wood Verge layers have their affinity set to layer "Birch", but there is no layer "Birch" in the Desert 12 ecology. I believe the affinity should probably be to layer "Trees" - wood falls from trees.
    2. The props listed for the fallen wood in the ecology JSON file are incorrect. They are missing the word "Desert" in the prop name.

These are errors that HowieFarkes should correct. He is usually very quick to fix things when an error is reported to him. I corrected these errors in my copy of the Desert 12 ecology JSON file, and now I get fallen wood in my render and the error messages are no longer posted to the log file.

Fallen Wood is correct after ecology file correction.jpg
    473 x 603 - 71K

barbult said:

Do you have the Aux Viewport pane in your workspace layout and set to Iray Preview perhaps? That is the only thing I can think of that might cause the Iray render to be going on when your Viewport pane is in Wireframe.

Sorry for the slow reply - it takes a while to generate the test scenes to failure

I didn't even realise there was a seperate Aux Viewpoint and I've been playing with Daz for 3 years now! I did have it on and closed it. Tried again. Same error.

But, it does seem to be a combination of the sage AND the fallen wood causing the error and the intial hang. If I turn off both the sage AND the fallen wood the scene generates no problem. I'm pretty sure fallen wood and sage in other scenes works.

barbult said:

OK, I looked at the USC Desert 12 ecology JSON file. It looks like there is are errors:

1. Fallen Wood and Fallen Wood Verge layers have their affinity set to layer "Birch", but there is no layer "Birch" in the Desert 12 ecology. I believe the affinity should probably be to layer "Trees" - wood falls from trees.
    2. The props listed for the fallen wood in the ecology JSON file are incorrect. They are missing the word "Desert" in the prop name.

These are errors that HowieFarkes should correct. He is usually very quick to fix things when an error is reported to him. I corrected these errors in my copy of the Desert 12 ecology JSON file, and now I get fallen wood in my render and the error messages are no longer posted to the log file.

Oh, too quick for me! Thank you so much for the help. I'll see if I can edit my JSON in the mean-time

sid said:

barbult said:

Oh, too quick for me! Thank you so much for the help. I'll see if I can edit my JSON in the mean-time

The fallen wood prop paths should be "/environments/landscapes/desert botanica/props/USC Desert Fallen Wood 01.duf", 02,03, etc.

I'm seeing other errors in the desert ecologies now, too. There are more ecologies with the fallen wood prop name error. I'd better dig deeper into this. I have my sleuth hat on now!

barbult said:

The fallen wood prop paths should be "/environments/landscapes/desert botanica/props/USC Desert Fallen Wood 01.duf", 02,03, etc.

Excellent - I changed all of them, and all the Birches to Trees. That fixed the fallen wood problem. I can render the whole scene if I turn of the sage layer.

If I turn on the sage layer I return to getting stuck as in my initial post, where it hangs trying to load the sage, however now the log looks different. There seems to be no indication that it is hanging - just the time gap

2023-12-30 10:23:15.268 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.150s - /environments/landscapes/desert botanica/plants/USC Desert Sage 02.duf
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.279 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.279 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.288 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/desert botanica/plants/USC Desert Sage 03.duf
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.288 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.288 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.305 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.305 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 3
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.305 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.305 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/desert botanica/plants/USC Desert Sage 03.duf
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.323 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.407 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.408 [INFO] :: Scanning for addons...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.409 [INFO] :: Creating node geometry...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.410 [INFO] :: Creating UV sets...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.410 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.473 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.473 [INFO] :: Sorting property groups...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.473 [INFO] :: Setting up follow targets...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.474 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.168s - /environments/landscapes/desert botanica/plants/USC Desert Sage 03.duf
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.485 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-30 10:23:15.485 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-30 10:28:02.526 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: J:/Software2D3D/Daz/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

10:28 is when I intervene and stop the process because nothing has happened for five minutes. After I abort the process, the partially created Ultrascene shows a Desert Sage Layer has been created, but it does not seem to contain anything when I toggle visability (all the other layers are clearly visible to toggle).

I think I answered my own question - the JSON for Desert 12 has sage set up with an affinity for Barrel Cactus 1 and Barrel Cactus 2, which don't exist in this ecology, if I change the affinity to Long Grass and Low Grass the scene generates, no hanging. Problem solved.

(Also, some sage is also greated in the Long Grass layers which generate fine)

edited December 2023

Edit1: I was typing while you were posting. We both discovered the Sage affinity problem about the same time. I'm betting that you don't have the UltraScenery accelerator plugin installed and that is why Sage hangs for you and not me. See below.

-----------------------

@sid The Desert 12 ecology also has error in the Affinity section of the Desert Sages layer. It is looking for Barrel cactus 1 and Barrel Cactus 2 layers, which aren't in that ecology at all. There seem to be a log of "copy and not fix" errors in these Desert ecologies. I don't know what, if anything, the Affinity SHOULD be set to for the Desert Sage layer. I

t is also very puzzling that it doesn't hang for me, but it does for you.

• Check to see if you have the latest UltraScenery version installed. On the bottom right corner of the Build tab, it should say Script Version 1.3.6.4.
    • Are you using the Accelerator plugin? If so, the Build tab should say Accelerator version 1.0.2.4. If you are NOT using the Accelerator, that is a difference between us; I am using it. Maybe the script works properly with the Accelerator but hangs without it.

--------------------------

Eidt 2: As a test, I removed the Accelerator plugin. Sure enough, Desert 12 ecology now hangs for me on building the Desert Sage layer, too. So the mystery is solved, I believe.  The Accelerator plugin can handle the case of Affinity to a nonexistant layer, but the bare script without Accelerator cannot. Of course, ecologies should not contain errors like affinity to nonexistant layers, so the ecology should be corrected. It would be good if the script were also updated to handle error cases like that more gracefully. I will report this.

By the way, the Accelerator plugin is well worth the money if you plan to use UltraScenery much. It makes the build MUCH MUCH faster.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Edit1: I was typing while you were posting. We both discovered the Sage affinity problem about the same time. I'm betting that you don't have the UltraScenery accelerator plugin installed and that is why Sage hangs for you and not me. See below.

-----------------------

@sid The Desert 12 ecology also has error in the Affinity section of the Desert Sages layer. It is looking for Barrel cactus 1 and Barrel Cactus 2 layers, which aren't in that ecology at all. There seem to be a log of "copy and not fix" errors in these Desert ecologies. I don't know what, if anything, the Affinity SHOULD be set to for the Desert Sage layer. I

t is also very puzzling that it doesn't hang for me, but it does for you.

• Check to see if you have the latest UltraScenery version installed. On the bottom right corner of the Build tab, it should say Script Version 1.3.6.4.
    • Are you using the Accelerator plugin? If so, the Build tab should say Accelerator version 1.0.2.4. If you are NOT using the Accelerator, that is a difference between us; I am using it. Maybe the script works properly with the Accelerator but hangs without it.

--------------------------

Eidt 2: As a test, I removed the Accelerator plugin. Sure enough, Desert 12 ecology now hangs for me on building the Desert Sage layer, too. So the mystery is solved, I believe.  The Accelerator plugin can handle the case of Affinity to a nonexistant layer, but the bare script without Accelerator cannot. Of course, ecologies should not contain errors like affinity to nonexistant layers, so the ecology should be corrected. It would be good if the script were also updated to handle error cases like that more gracefully. I will report this.

By the way, the Accelerator plugin is well worth the money if you plan to use UltraScenery much. It makes the build MUCH MUCH faster.

Thank you for all your detective work. I don't have the Accelerator, so that answers that mystery too. I plan to use UltraScenery a lot, so it will be worth me picking up.

Accelerator is on sale 50% off today - probably less if you have punches or a debut new/still new in the cart. I haven't investigated the stacking, since I already own it.

• Hello folks!

Do any of you also have a problem with the new addition UltraScenery - Planet Taira? When I want to create a landscape, the "Canopy Trees 2" simply doesn't load. UltraScenery simply stops positioning the trees and doesn't continue.

I'm using the latest version 1.3.6.4, I also have the same problem on my 2nd computer. DAZ 4.22 is used on the one hand and DAZ 4.21 on the other.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled UltraScenery several times, the same with DAZ but unfortunately without any solution, the problem remains. Maybe one of you can help me further?

Oh yes, the PC specifications are: CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X GPU: RTX 3090 RAM: 128GB

Ultrascenery 01.JPG
    1619 x 919 - 109K

RD500YPVS said:

Hello folks!

Do any of you also have a problem with the new addition UltraScenery - Planet Taira? When I want to create a landscape, the "Canopy Trees 2" simply doesn't load. UltraScenery simply stops positioning the trees and doesn't continue.

I'm using the latest version 1.3.6.4, I also have the same problem on my 2nd computer. DAZ 4.22 is used on the one hand and DAZ 4.21 on the other.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled UltraScenery several times, the same with DAZ but unfortunately without any solution, the problem remains. Maybe one of you can help me further?

Oh yes, the PC specifications are: CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X GPU: RTX 3090 RAM: 128GB

Thanks for discovering the error. It looks like another example of an invalid "affinity" layer in the ecology file, just like sid found with the Desert ecologies. It doesn't hang for me, because I have the Accelerator plugin installed (See messages to sid above). That doesn't mean it works as intended either, because of the error in the ecology JSON file. I will report the problem. HowieFarkes will probably be able to fix it relatively easily and submit an update.

Meanwhile, you can edit the USC Planet Taira JSON files in the ecology folders to change the affinity of Canopy Trees 2 from "Trees 1" to "Canopy Trees 1". This is my guess at what it should have been set to. It should be at least good enough to get you past the hang up problem. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know here.

I only looked at this specific error you reported. There could be more. If after editing, you still have issues, please report it here and I will investigate.

barbult said:

Accelerator is on sale 50% off today - probably less if you have punches or a debut new/still new in the cart. I haven't investigated the stacking, since I already own it.

Purchased!  And also the Tropics bundle while I was in the shop.

sid said:

barbult said:

Purchased!  And also the Tropics bundle while I was in the shop.

You will be thrilled with the UltraScenery build performance improvement with the Accelerator. It makes it much more fun to experiment with different settings, because it builds so much faster. Unfortunately, it can't help with the Iray render speed.

I stumbled upon another USC Planet Taira ecology bug. Planet Taira 8 defines itself internally as Planet Taira 7, so if you build 8 and then rebuild, you will get 7 instead. So, if you build 8 and don't get the rendered emissive plants, that probably means you hit this bug and it rendered 7 instead. I've reported it. You can easily edit the ecology JSON file and correct that in the first few lines of the file by changing three instances of 7 to 8.

barbult said:

I stumbled upon another USC Planet Taira ecology bug. Planet Taira 8 defines itself internally as Planet Taira 7, so if you build 8 and then rebuild, you will get 7 instead. So, if you build 8 and don't get the rendered emissive plants, that probably means you hit this bug and it rendered 7 instead. I've reported it. You can easily edit the ecology JSON file and correct that in the first few lines of the file by changing three instances of 7 to 8.

This may be addressed somewhere, but could you or someone explain how to edit the JSON files? Where are they and how to/where to save them? What do they mean. 

daveso said:

barbult said:

This may be addressed somewhere, but could you or someone explain how to edit the JSON files? Where are they and how to/where to save them? What do they mean. 

Yes, I will. I'll be away from the computer for a bit, but when I get back, I will do it later today.

• barbult said:

RD500YPVS said:

Hello folks!

Thanks for discovering the error. It looks like another example of an invalid "affinity" layer in the ecology file, just like sid found with the Desert ecologies. It doesn't hang for me, because I have the Accelerator plugin installed (See messages to sid above). That doesn't mean it works as intended either, because of the error in the ecology JSON file. I will report the problem. HowieFarkes will probably be able to fix it relatively easily and submit an update.

Meanwhile, you can edit the USC Planet Taira JSON files in the ecology folders to change the affinity of Canopy Trees 2 from "Trees 1" to "Canopy Trees 1". This is my guess at what it should have been set to. It should be at least good enough to get you past the hang up problem. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know here.

I only looked at this specific error you reported. There could be more. If after editing, you still have issues, please report it here and I will investigate.

Thank you for the tip about the Accelerator plugin! This meant that loading was now possible on my second PC.

I still have to try it on the first one, but I'm pretty confident that it will work there too. 

edited December 2023

UltraScenery JSON files - what they are, where they are, how to edit them

1. What are UltraScenery JSON files?
      They are files used to describe the content of Features and Ecologies.
      • For Ecologies, the JSON file defines
        • the name of the ecology and the base materials that apply to the terrain for that ecology
        • the "layers" used in the ecology (grass, trees, rocks, pebbles, etc.). These are the layers that show up on the UltraScenery Build tab.
        • the props files used in each layer (tree props, grass props, etc.)
        • the distribution of those props within the layer (spacing, size, rotation, etc),
        • the relation of the layer to other layers (affinity). This controls how close and how far the layer instances can be placed relative to the instances of the other layer(s).
      • For Features, the JSON file defines
        • the name of the feature.
        • terrain maps that alter the shape of the UltraScenery terrain to accommodate the feature elements (paths, rivers, roads, etc.).
        • materials the define the textures used on the paths, roads, etc.
        • any props used by the feature (bridges, fences, etc.)
    2. Where are the UltraScenery JSON files?
      They are located in your content library in \Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Ecologies subfolders and \Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features subfolders. There is a subfolder for each ecology and each feature. You must NOT move them. You must NOT install from within Daz Studio, becasue that puts the files in the wrong location. Installation of all UltraScenery products with DIM is best.
    3. How are UltraScenery JSON files edited?
      JSON files are plain text files that can be edited with any text editor. On a PC, the free Notepad++ is an excellent way to edit these files. JSON files follow a strict format. It is very easy to make a mistake that causes the file to not work at all. There is an online JSON validator to help you check your edits to be sure they are valid JSON. That doesn't mean they are valid UltraScenery files, because UltraScenery expects particular elements in the JSON files. In summary, you must be careful! If you totally mess up, reinstall the package from DIM.

When I get a chance, I will incorporate this information in my UltraScenery Experiments and Experiences thread. That thread has a lot of information about UltraScenery and things I've done with it. UltraScenery is a fantastic and flexible ecosystem created by HowieFarkes. It is the most enjoyable product series I have ever purchased for Daz Studio.

edited December 2023

Fun with Planet Taira

USC Planet Taira 8 Coast 2 Leaf Boat Cassinni 4_001 PS3.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

barbult said:

UltraScenery JSON files - what they are, where they are, how to edit them

1. What are UltraScenery JSON files?
      They are files used to describe the content of Features and Ecologies.
      • For Ecologies, the JSON file defines
        • the name of the ecology and the base materials that apply to the terrain for that ecology
        • the "layers" used in the ecology (grass, trees, rocks, pebbles, etc.). These are the layers that show up on the UltraScenery Build tab.
        • the props files used in each layer (tree props, grass props, etc.)
        • the distribution of those props within the layer (spacing, size, rotation, etc),
        • the relation of the layer to other layers (affinity). This controls how close and how far the layer instances can be placed relative to the instances of the other layer(s).
      • For Features, the JSON file defines
        • the name of the feature.
        • terrain maps that alter the shape of the UltraScenery terrain to accommodate the feature elements (paths, rivers, roads, etc.).
        • materials the define the textures used on the paths, roads, etc.
        • any props used by the feature (bridges, fences, etc.)
    2. Where are the UltraScenery JSON files?
      They are located in your content library in \Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Ecologies subfolders and \Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features subfolders. There is a subfolder for each ecology and each feature. You must NOT move them. You must NOT install from within Daz Studio, becasue that puts the files in the wrong location. Installation of all UltraScenery products with DIM is best.
    3. How are UltraScenery JSON files edited?
      JSON files are plain text files that can be edited with any text editor. On a PC, the free Notepad++ is an excellent way to edit these files. JSON files follow a strict format. It is very easy to make a mistake that causes the file to not work at all. There is an online JSON validator to help you check your edits to be sure they are valid JSON. That doesn't mean they are valid UltraScenery files, because UltraScenery expects particular elements in the JSON files. In summary, you must be careful! If you totally mess up, reinstall the package from DIM.

When I get a chance, I will incorporate this information in my UltraScenery Experiments and Experiences thread. That thread has a lot of information about UltraScenery and things I've done with it. UltraScenery is a fantastic and flexible ecosystem created by HowieFarkes. It is the most enjoyable product series I have ever purchased for Daz Studio.

tank you very much for this most helpful guide. Wow..  A question - can I/we, by editing JSON, add other plants, etc to the scene? Different textures to the paths, such as MartinJFrost pavements, etc? 

tank you very much for this most helpful guide. Wow..  A question - can I/we, by editing JSON, add other plants, etc to the scene? Different textures to the paths, such as MartinJFrost pavements, etc? 

Yes, there are examples (although quite old now) in my thread that I linked above.