UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Totte said:

Looks like the Accelerator plugin is not installed, or is not the latest version as the exported property hf_app.ui.wWaterLevelAdjust that the script is calling is not exported.

Yes, that makes sense - I noted earlier that the water level slider wasn't appearing on the build tab.  Here's a shot of my plugin menu - Accelerator is on green, that's all I can tell you.

plugins.PNG
    836 x 136 - 9K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841
    edited August 12

If you select the Accelerator, what does the "about box" at the bottom say about version? Mine says:

screen.png
    608 x 106 - 16K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • Totte said:

If you select the Accelerator, what does the "about box" at the bottom say about version? Mine says:

That's interesting - you'll see my Filename is rather different. 

plugins2.JPG
    847 x 258 - 26K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited August 12
    Totte uses a Macintosh computer, so his plugins have different names than PC plugins. He is also running the public build (beta) version of Daz Studio, so that also affects his plugin path name. But you both have the same version number, so that seems to be OK.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited August 12

I've edited this about 10 times! It is so confusing.

All of my Daz Studio plugins are installed by DIM into a plugins folder in an entirely different path than yours, @johnbuckeridge. I think Totte led us to the problem. We need to figure out why your Accelerator is in a different path. Maybe you have an old version in different path??????? (Oops, I also posted and image from the Public Build version of DS.I've added the General Release plugin path image now.) I don't know if your plugin path is a valid path or not, or why mine is so different. Maybe it is because my DIM Applications settings path is different and was setup 12 years ago. Your path may be a more recent default location for plugins.

General Release plugin path

Public Build (Beta) plugin path

Screenshot 2024-08-12 150639.jpg
    768 x 255 - 32K
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 151320.jpg
    627 x 270 - 35K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited August 13

Thanks a lot for the comments, Alex.

I have experimented with the settings of US2 and even extend forest option did not helped,

so I decided to put some wall at the edge of the terrain.

I have also tried to resize the terrain to 256 meters,

but could not find enough nice ecology to match the resized terrain.

It is a pity, that the bridge and the path is so close to the edge of terrain,

so in 64 meters terrain one need to find some workarounds.

If your computer has enough horsepower you might try creating ANOTHER instance of UltraScenery and moving it to the area behind the current scene to extend it out. Don’t be afraid to tilt that landscape a little so it just looks like a hill. I’ve also gotten some interesting landforms by partially merging and rotating two landscapes. Get crazy with it!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited August 13

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Artini said:

alexhcowley said:

Artini said:

US2 scene with a bridge 1 classic content (not resized), so 64 meters.

This really makes me smile. I also liked the way you've used shadows to resolve the "edge of the world" issue.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thanks a lot for the comments, Alex.

I have experimented with the settings of US2 and even extend forest option did not helped,

so I decided to put some wall at the edge of the terrain.

I have also tried to resize the terrain to 256 meters,

but could not find enough nice ecology to match the resized terrain.

It is a pity, that the bridge and the path is so close to the edge of terrain,

so in 64 meters terrain one need to find some workarounds.

I haven't done a lot of experimentation with multiple USC2 objects, but you can tile USC1s around a USC2 to get rid of the "Edge of the World" effect. 

It's not particularly special, but I was testing the new horsey minion and threw in a USC2 tiling test while I was doing that. This one is two USC2s, both using the classic Desert 09. The one in the foreground is using the classic Stream 02 feature, the one behind it is a heightmap I'm using to create some hills 

Back in the USC1 days, I did one that had five USC objects arranged around each other.

Strolling.jpg
    1048 x 910 - 739K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • barbult said:

All of my Daz Studio plugins are installed by DIM into a plugins folder in an entirely different path than yours, @johnbuckeridge. I think Totte led us to the problem. We need to figure out why your Accelerator is in a different path. Maybe you have an old version in different path??????? (Oops, I also posted and image from the Public Build version of DS.I've added the General Release plugin path image now.) I don't know if your plugin path is a valid path or not, or why mine is so different. Maybe it is because my DIM Applications settings path is different and was setup 12 years ago. Your path may be a more recent default location for plugins.

So, from what I can see, where we differ is that your path element is /Program Files/  whereas mine is /Applications/64-bit/  Otherwise everything else looks the same.  My system was set up just over three years ago - the beginning of my Daz journey - and Accelerator would have been installed rather later than that.  Maybe that accounts for the difference?  

So I'm wondering what I should try next: would you recommend I try moving the location?

No, don't move anything. I think we still need to dig deeper to understand what is going on. We won't abandon you, but it might take some trial and error to figure it out. Standby...

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112

Ah - no. You both have essentially the same path: <DIM 64-bit software base>/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins - my 64-bit base directory is D:/bits-64, so my path is D:/bits-64/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins.

There's something else wonky here.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

One thing, is the UltraSceneCreator script package the latest and installed in the correct spot?
    If there are muitple copies in different directories with the same relative path, you wont know where it will be executed and sub scripts called might be grabbed at the wrong location as well.

@johnbuckeridge

1) In DIM, have you installed both of these packages? Both should be installed:

Accelerator for UltraScenery for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    Accelerator for UltraScenery

2) Following up on Totte's comment above, the most robust way to determine whether you have multiple versions of the UltraScenery script in various places is to search your whole computer for "UltraSceneCreator.dse". You should only find one copy and it should be in your library in Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery folder. If you find more than one, where are they? (It is really only necessary to search in mapped content directories, including the Daz Connect directory, but just kicking off a search of everything is probably easier and more foolproof.)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,306

Thanks for the tips, @paulawp and @Gogger.

I have not tested US2 and US1 in the same scene yet.

I would like to avoid dropping to CPU, while rendering.

It is worth to test, if it will work on my computer.

• johnbuckeridge said:

barbult said:

So, from what I can see, where we differ is that your path element is /Program Files/  whereas mine is /Applications/64-bit/  Otherwise everything else looks the same.  My system was set up just over three years ago - the beginning of my Daz journey - and Accelerator would have been installed rather later than that.  Maybe that accounts for the difference?  

So I'm wondering what I should try next: would you recommend I try moving the location?

The path difference is Daz Central deault (you) vs. DIM/standalone default.

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

barbult said:

Thank you, Richard! I never used Daz Central, so I needed this reminder of how it changed default library locations. I wonder if John's DIM settings now match those Daz Central settings, or if DIM is now installing to a different path. So now we have Daz Connect, Daz Central, and DIM involved while we are trying to locate possible installations in different locations. DIM should match Daz Central, but we all know it didn't when Daz Central was first released.

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

barbult said:

Thank you, Richard! I never used Daz Central, so I needed this reminder of how it changed default library locations. I wonder if John's DIM settings now match those Daz Central settings, or if DIM is now installing to a different path. So now we have Daz Connect, Daz Central, and DIM involved while we are trying to locate possible installations in different locations. DIM should match Daz Central, but we all know it didn't when Daz Central was first released.

DIM will not, by itself, change the Daz Central paths (nor vice versa) but of course they can be overridden.

• Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

barbult said:

DIM will not, by itself, change the Daz Central paths (nor vice versa) but of course they can be overridden.

Good morning, all (UK time!)  Barbult, Totte and RichardHaseltine - thank you all so much for your tireless input and detective work.  I'm pretty sure the whole problem stems from my heady youth (three years ago!) when I just piled everything in either through Daz Connect or Daz Central, in happy ignorance of the tech.  

So.  Following Barbult’s questions in order

(1) For some reason, I hadn’t reinstalled Accelerator for UltraScenery for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit).  I’ve just put it in, though, added to Accelerator for UltraScenery. Pic shows how it looks in plugins menu now.

(2) Totte is quite right and I’ve found two copies of UltraSceneCreator.dse – pathways are;

-F:\DAZ TRANSFER\My Daz 3D Library\Environments\Landscapes\Ultrascenery (which, from what Barbult was saying, sounds like the right one)

-E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835\environments\landscapes\ultrascenery

Presumably you’re going to tell me to delete one of those, but obviously I’ll wait for further advice.

Again, I cannot say how grateful I am for all your help.

• johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

barbult said:

Good morning, all (UK time!)  Barbult, Totte and RichardHaseltine - thank you all so much for your tireless input and detective work.  I'm pretty sure the whole problem stems from my heady youth (three years ago!) when I just piled everything in either through Daz Connect or Daz Central, in happy ignorance of the tech.  

So.  Following Barbult’s questions in order

(1) For some reason, I hadn’t reinstalled Accelerator for UltraScenery for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit).  I’ve just put it in, though, added to Accelerator for UltraScenery. Pic shows how it looks in plugins menu now.

(2) Totte is quite right and I’ve found two copies of UltraSceneCreator.dse – pathways are;

-F:\DAZ TRANSFER\My Daz 3D Library\Environments\Landscapes\Ultrascenery (which, from what Barbult was saying, sounds like the right one)

-E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835\environments\landscapes\ultrascenery

Presumably you’re going to tell me to delete one of those, but obviously I’ll wait for further advice.

Again, I cannot say how grateful I am for all your help.

Forgot to add picture! 

plugins4.JPG
    847 x 221 - 29K

We are finally making headway toward solving your problem, now that you found that you have a duplicate Ultrascenery folder in Daz Connect.

1. Boo! Hiss! Daz Connect!!!! All UltraScenery product need to be uninstalled from Daz Connect. They do not work when in Daz Connect folders. If Daz Studio finds UltraScenery files in Daz Connect folders, it will use those files instead of the DIM installed versions. So, when you install an updated version with DIM, it is ignored, and the old Daz Connect one is used instead, with no warning to you whatsoever. You might have many old UltraScenery files in Daz Connect, like the one you found. I thought you had  already uninstalled UltraScenery from Daz Connect based on previous discussion here. What did you do to clean that up previously? to Properly uninstall a product from Daz Connect, you should right click on the product in Daz Studio and select uninstall. Did you do that, or just delete some file from the hard drive or???? We need to know to help clean this up once and for all. Personally, I became so unhappy with the Daz Connect, I uninstalled everything ever installed by it, and I reinstalled those products with DIM. My Daz life has been imuch better since getting rid of Daz Connect. Its advantages were far outweighed by the disadvantages for me. Just look what it has done to you!
    2. Yes, you need to get rid of E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835\environments\landscapes\ultrascenery, but the right way to get rid of it is to uninstall the product, not just delete the file. If you cannot do that because of previous actions (asked about in question 1), I guess you can try just deleting that entire E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835 folder. But there will likely be other folders that need to be removed for other UltraScenery products you installed with Daz connect way back when.
    3. If you did not install Accelerator for UltraScenery for Daz Studio 4.5+ with DIM before, I don't know how you got the plugin installed. Maybe you installed it with Daz Central???

There are still mysteries to unravel. but we can get there. Don't get too discouraged.
    So,here is what I recommend at this point:

1. Find the UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System product in Daz Studio in your Smart Content Products. Right click on the product icon.
    2. Select Uninstall if that option is available. If it is not available, and instead it offers to install or update STOP! and do not select those.
    3. If Uninstall was not available, close Daz Studio and go to your E drive and delete the whole E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835 folder.
    4. Open Daz Studio and try UltraScenery. If you can't find it, open DIM and reinstall it.
    5. Try UltraScenery again.
    6. Does it work now?

I eagerly await your results.

• barbult said:

We are finally making headway toward solving your problem, now that you found that you have a duplicate Ultrascenery folder in Daz Connect.

1. Boo! Hiss! Daz Connect!!!! All UltraScenery product need to be uninstalled from Daz Connect. They do not work when in Daz Connect folders. If Daz Studio finds UltraScenery files in Daz Connect folders, it will use those files instead of the DIM installed versions. So, when you install an updated version with DIM, it is ignored, and the old Daz Connect one is used instead, with no warning to you whatsoever. You might have many old UltraScenery files in Daz Connect, like the one you found. I thought you had  already uninstalled UltraScenery from Daz Connect based on previous discussion here. What did you do to clean that up previously? to Properly uninstall a product from Daz Connect, you should right click on the product in Daz Studio and select uninstall. Did you do that, or just delete some file from the hard drive or???? We need to know to help clean this up once and for all. Personally, I became so unhappy with the Daz Connect, I uninstalled everything ever installed by it, and I reinstalled those products with DIM. My Daz life has been imuch better since getting rid of Daz Connect. Its advantages were far outweighed by the disadvantages for me. Just look what it has done to you!
    2. Yes, you need to get rid of E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835\environments\landscapes\ultrascenery, but the right way to get rid of it is to uninstall the product, not just delete the file. If you cannot do that because of previous actions (asked about in question 1), I guess you can try just deleting that entire E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835 folder. But there will likely be other folders that need to be removed for other UltraScenery products you installed with Daz connect way back when.
    3. If you did not install Accelerator for UltraScenery for Daz Studio 4.5+ with DIM before, I don't know how you got the plugin installed. Maybe you installed it with Daz Central???

There are still mysteries to unravel. but we can get there. Don't get too discouraged.
    So,here is what I recommend at this point:

1. Find the UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System product in Daz Studio in your Smart Content Products. Right click on the product icon.
    2. Select Uninstall if that option is available. If it is not available, and instead it offers to install or update STOP! and do not select those.
    3. If Uninstall was not available, close Daz Studio and go to your E drive and delete the whole E:\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67835 folder.
    4. Open Daz Studio and try UltraScenery. If you can't find it, open DIM and reinstall it.
    5. Try UltraScenery again.
    6. Does it work now?

I eagerly await your results.

The game's afoot, Holmes! 

Responding to your comments in order.

1. Boo, as you very properly say, hiss!  Daz Connect has used me poorly and led me astray.  I thought I'd purged everything from Daz Connect too!  I really did.   I set Studio offline, uninstalled everything , deleted the files, then reinstalled it with DIM.  But I never suspected that Connect, the scoundrel, had stuffed the files under a mattressl.  Now you've armed me with superior information, however, so I'll go ahead and follow your guidelines of course.
    2. E: Drive is my main Daz content repository, so I don't think I'd have the strength to delete the whole lot and retain the will to live.  I'd prefer to go in and winkle out the offending articles one by one; in the first instance at least.  It's less drastic, if rather more painstaking.
    3. I'm magic. (That, or, yes - I probably installed it via Central.)

I probably won't get another opportunity now to go through this all properly until the weekend, so I shall have to keep you in suspense a little while longer.

Thank you again, as always.

John

Take your time. Don't do anything drastic. ASK if you are unsure about any step. Have a good week. I am plenty busy. No need to rush any of this on my account.
  • Thank you, will do.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352
    edited August 14

DoctorJellybean said:

Artini said:

Oh, that is terrible. I was counted on https://www.daz3d.com/plant-sets-for-alienator-pro-2

to get more variety to US2 creations.

Hope it will get fixed at some point.

It will get fixed, that I'm sure of.

It will indeed get fixed I have contacted the powers that be at daz, as the files seem to have been corrupted somewhere between uploading them and publishing them. However this may take a few days to get through the system. 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on

Martinjfrost said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Artini said:

Oh, that is terrible. I was counted on https://www.daz3d.com/plant-sets-for-alienator-pro-2

to get more variety to US2 creations.

Hope it will get fixed at some point.

It will get fixed, that I'm sure of.

It will indeed get fixed I have contacted the powers that be at daz, as the files seem to have been corrupted somewhere between uploading them and publishing them. However this may take a few days to get through the system. 

Great, will wait for the update appearing in DIM.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352

It is now in DIM

edited August 16

Martinjfrost said:

It is now in DIM

It would be good to notify people in the Daz+ thread, too.
    Edit: I posted there.

edited August 16

I used UltraScenery2 and Alienator Pro II and the updated Plant Sets for Alienator Pro 2  to make this scene. I used only a few of the available plants for substitution, but I like the colorful result.

USC2 Oaks 1 with various MJF Alienator plants_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755
    Very pretty and calming.

Thanks for posting, @barbult

Great, that it works now.

I only need to find a time to experiment with these plants.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

barbult said:

I used UltraScenery2 and Alienator Pro II and the updated Plant Sets for Alienator Pro 2  to make this scene. I used only a few of the available plants for substitution, but I like the colorful result.

that is really cool for sure.