Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• lag over RDP, however, could make it tricky to be precise. I am told that these areas of the code have not chnaged for some time, and are not likely to change in the current cycle due to their fundamental nature, so any chnage in behaviour is most likely attributable to external factors such as latency.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 561
    edited December 2023

I've had a spinning problem for years now. If I spin from one direction, all is good. From the other? Random slow down and, sometimes, even quick pauses. Very weird. I've noticed this on one monitor or multi.

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • lachilachi Posts: 80

Richard Haseltine said:

lag over RDP, however, could make it tricky to be precise. I am told that these areas of the code have not chnaged for some time, and are not likely to change in the current cycle due to their fundamental nature, so any chnage in behaviour is most likely attributable to external factors such as latency.

Yes, there can be lag over RDP but in my case both computers are in the same LAN so normally fine.

The ultra fast spinning is not caused by lag IMO because the mouse control seems to be precise (the rotation stops when I stop moving the mouse) but too fast (camera flips over from a little nudge and I see the scene from below the ground). 

• Richard Haseltine said:

What do you mean by position ball? The cube at top-right? That seems to work OK for me, what is odd is resizing the pane - I suspect because my second display is a pen-display with a higher PPI setting (yes, just checked - so you may want to look at the fiont scaling for your displays, I suspect they need tio match)

That was exactly it. I have a third monitor attached for my grafana dash and it was not set to the same scaling. Thank you.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 776

Visuimag said:

I've had a spinning problem for years now. If I spin from one direction, all is good. From the other? Random slow down and, sometimes, even quick pauses. Very weird. I've noticed this on one monitor or multi.

Direction?  Do you mean which mouse button (left or right) you drag?  The spin control is 2D - up-down, left-right, so a direction has two components and "other" doesn't really convey much.  Left and right button spin are very different things; I would expect right button spin to be faster because it just rotates the camera and it seems to be in Iray preview.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2023

OK I have a truly odd thing happening

I hid a lot of bones under a conforming autofitted outfit

now opening the saved scene I cannot find those body parts in the timeline to edit keyframes

Pelvis and below is just missing

I deleted all the other keyframes

the legs are running length of the timeline but bones missing

were all hidden under conformed clothing

Capture.PNG
    619 x 949 - 46K
    legs move.PNG
    1920 x 1040 - 140K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • domoniclewis said:

Crash! (Repeatedly!)

1st attempt after update/upgrade... crash, tried again, crash!

I know, let's update nvidia drivers, just in case - done and reboot, crash!

There's a theme going on here, more crashes than on the highway!

Now I hope to revert back to 6.21, at least that seemed to (mostly) work!

Is it just me, or has Daz stopped answering their support tickets?  I've opened two about this same issue.  The first one over two weeks ago (Nov 17) and the most recent today.  My last support ticket from about six months ago was also not answered.

They used to be really good about it, now they just seem to ignore help requests.

• zxzzxz Posts: 0

FBX export and Daz to Maya are not working. Body meshes are lost. Please fix it.

• zxz said:

FBX export and Daz to Maya are not working. Body meshes are lost. Please fix it.

This is a known issue, please see the current Public Build (Beta) which has a number of changes addressing the issue.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 2023

alphawiz1 said:

domoniclewis said:

Crash! (Repeatedly!)

Is it just me, or has Daz stopped answering their support tickets?  I've opened two about this same issue.  The first one over two weeks ago (Nov 17) and the most recent today.  My last support ticket from about six months ago was also not answered.

They used to be really good about it, now they just seem to ignore help requests.

They are probablty just busy, and so slow. Though if you eman you are ahving crashes, are you using Out of Touch hair or their hair shader? If so have you checked for updates and made sure the the last one installed had an update for the issue with maps in the Transmitted Color property?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • zxzzxz Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

zxz said:

This is a known issue, please see the current Public Build (Beta) which has a number of changes addressing the issue.

Thank you! It went well! 

• ThorThor Posts: 43
    edited December 2023

Clean install of 4.22 on the Mac.
    Can no longer save Render Setting Presets from (or to) the Render Settings pane.

I CAN save them using the menu:  File > Save As > Render Settings Preset
    .. but doing so only adds them to the Content Library and they do NOT show up the Render Settings Preset Pane.

I've tried saving them to both: /Library/Render Settings, and /Library/Render Presets

==================

Maverick said:

What do you all think of that New scane when you click new.

Replacing a function that used to be two clicks (Click File menu > Mouseover Open Recent menu > Click recent file name) with a process that now takes four (Click File menu > Click New... > Click Recent tab > Click recent file thumb > Click Open button) is simply a poor UX/GUI decision, in my opinion.

Post edited by Thor on
  • I don't recall ever being able to save in a presets tab (or Smart Content) - that isn't their purpose, theya re browsers for existing files. You may need to right-click on the container and select Refresh to see the newly saved files.

ctrl-n will open the New Scene dialogue, which will already be on the Recent files tab if that was the last one used - just double-click the desired file to load it. That sounds about the same as the old system, with a double instead of a single click at the end. You might be interested in this new sample script, too http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start

Richard Haseltine said:

I don't recall ever being able to save in a presets tab (or Smart Content) - that isn't their purpose, theya re browsers for existing files. You may need to right-click on the container and select Refresh to see the newly saved files.

Perhaps I'm misremembering how I saved them there.. but they certainly displayed in the pane properly since at least 4.9 or before. I don't use Smart Content at all, and don't connect to the cms. No amount of refreshing is showing any of my saved render settings files in the settings pane regardless of where I save them. I even tried saving them to the exact same location as the built-in "Advanced Render Settings" and "Sun Dial Set". (See attached)

It seems as though that pane has simply stopped recognizing ANY Render Settings Preset files that I save to the content library.
    Why is this pane handling files differently? Why can't I create folders/subfolders to organize my settings files like I can everywhere else in the content library?

Richard Haseltine said:

ctrl-n will open the New Scene dialogue, which will already be on the Recent files tab if that was the last one used - just double-click the desired file to load it. That sounds about the same as the old system, with a double instead of a single click at the end. You might be interested in this new sample script, too http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start

C'mon Richard.. a keyboard shortcut is the same as a click. Some people don't even know that KB shortcuts exist. btw.. previously, releasing the mouse button over the filename in the "Open Recent" menu would open the file (on the mac). So it was really only one click (withOUT taking the user out of the workspace) - compared to the current keyboard shortcut+additional intrusive (non-standard) open dialog screen+double click.

As I said, it's my opinion that it is worse UX/GUI design- but I do think it could be argued that it is objectively worse from the standpoint of: more user action required, non-obvious method, and forcing an interruption of the workflow/workspace.

I understand that it will NEVER be re-implemented and that it's something that needs to be adapted to/lived with... but I don't have to like it. And I don't. frown

I'll check out that script when I have some time.. thanks for that. yes

rsp-001.png
    771 x 315 - 74K
    rsp-002.png
    523 x 699 - 85K
    rsp-003.png
    525 x 913 - 289K
  • Thor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I don't recall ever being able to save in a presets tab (or Smart Content) - that isn't their purpose, theya re browsers for existing files. You may need to right-click on the container and select Refresh to see the newly saved files.

Perhaps I'm misremembering how I saved them there.. but they certainly displayed in the pane properly since at least 4.9 or before. I don't use Smart Content at all, and don't connect to the cms. No amount of refreshing is showing any of my saved render settings files in the settings pane regardless of where I save them. I even tried saving them to the exact same location as the built-in "Advanced Render Settings" and "Sun Dial Set". (See attached)

It seems as though that pane has simply stopped recognizing ANY Render Settings Preset files that I save to the content library.
    Why is this pane handling files differently? Why can't I create folders/subfolders to organize my settings files like I can everywhere else in the content library?

If you were not connected to the CMS you would not have anything in the Presets tabs, since those are populated from the database not from simply reading the fiels in a folder (only Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, and Other import Formats work without the CMS). What, if any, content type tag do the presets have at top-right?

Richard Haseltine said:

C'mon Richard.. a keyboard shortcut is the same as a click. Some people don't even know that KB shortcuts exist. btw.. previously, releasing the mouse button over the filename in the "Open Recent" menu would open the file (on the mac). So it was really only one click (withOUT taking the user out of the workspace) - compared to the current keyboard shortcut+additional intrusive (non-standard) open dialog screen+double click.

I wasn't suggesting that the ctrl-n (or cmd n for  a Mac) reduced the click count, it's just that the usual response for opening a blank scene is ctrl n, enter. I was more making the point that tab selection is persistent, and you need only double-click the recent file to open it (rather thans elect, then click Accept).

As I said, it's my opinion that it is worse UX/GUI design- but I do think it could be argued that it is objectively worse from the standpoint of: more user action required, non-obvious method, and forcing an interruption of the workflow/workspace.

I understand that it will NEVER be re-implemented and that it's something that needs to be adapted to/lived with... but I don't have to like it. And I don't. frown

I'll check out that script when I have some time.. thanks for that. yes

Richard Haseltine said:

If you were not connected to the CMS you would not have anything in the Presets tabs, since those are populated from the database not from simply reading the fiels in a folder (only Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, and Other import Formats work without the CMS). What, if any, content type tag do the presets have at top-right?

As seen in my 2nd attached screenshot, my new saved render setting preset does not have a content type tag (on the icon - if that's what you're referring to) when viewed in the content library. Since I saved them using File > Save as > Render Settings preset... it IS a Daz Studio format file. As I said, I've NEVER used the CMS, and my presets have always appeared in the tab, and I believe that they USED to have the icon tag when saving to the filesystem/library.

• Thor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

As seen in my 2nd attached screenshot, my new saved render setting preset does not have a content type tag (on the icon - if that's what you're referring to) when viewed in the content library. Since I saved them using File > Save as > Render Settings preset... it IS a Daz Studio format file. As I said, I've NEVER used the CMS, and my presets have always appeared in the tab, and I believe that they USED to have the icon tag when saving to the filesystem/library.

Then it seems that there is an issue with updating the CMS (which you are "using," regardless of whether you directly use any of the features for manual categorisation etc.). Without the metadata the files will not appear in the presets tab. Does newly installed content still get its metadata added (categories, content type etc.)?

I wasn't questioning whether it was a Daz Studio format file - I was pointing out that the first three containeers in th Content Library (Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Import Formats) are (with the exception of the Daz Connect "folder") giving you a view of files as they are on disc. All the other containers, and all the other content views, are driven from the CMS and will be empty without it (and, as here, will not show content that lacks the proper entries in the CMS).

Richard Haseltine said:

Then it seems that there is an issue with updating the CMS (which you are "using," regardless of whether you directly use any of the features for manual categorisation etc.). Without the metadata the files will not appear in the presets tab. Does newly installed content still get its metadata added (categories, content type etc.)?

I wasn't questioning whether it was a Daz Studio format file - I was pointing out that the first three containeers in th Content Library (Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Import Formats) are (with the exception of the Daz Connect "folder") giving you a view of files as they are on disc. All the other containers, and all the other content views, are driven from the CMS and will be empty without it (and, as here, will not show content that lacks the proper entries in the CMS).

I'm making progress on troubleshooting/resolving this issue... Apparently, this will intermittently occur when using the Content Directory Manager to switch between Content Sets/Libraries.

I'm finding that the Content Directory Manager does NOT work as intended, which seems to be causing the problem (and other problems)... but I think I should be able to create a workaround for this.

• Thor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I'm making progress on troubleshooting/resolving this issue... Apparently, this will intermittently occur when using the Content Directory Manager to switch between Content Sets/Libraries.

I'm finding that the Content Directory Manager does NOT work as intended, which seems to be causing the problem (and other problems)... but I think I should be able to create a workaround for this.

In what way is it failing to work as intended?

Richard Haseltine said:

Perhaps I should have said "as expected".

In the past, after an install/upgrade, I've always just re-mapped to my previous library without creating a separate Content Set and never seemed to have any problems.
    For this upgrade, I wanted to do a clean install, and retain one Content Set for the default clean installation, and one for my previous library*. Sounds simple.

Clean install of Daz Studio
    "Daz Studio Formats" using mapped defaults:
    /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/
    Previous Daz Studio Content Library (on 2nd drive):
    /HD/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/
    Using Content Directory Manager: Create New Content Set*, Add Directory to "Daz Studio Formats" mapping to previous Library

*IMPORTANT: This actually requires creating TWO new content sets in Content Directory Manager - This was/is not obvious and a little confusing until I figured out that the built-in "Current Directories" > "Content Set" is NOT actually a Content Set at all. It would be nice if a clean DS install actually had the default Content Set created and mapped, so the user could just add additional sets, or edit the existing one. Adding to the confusion, when accessing Content Directory Manager after selecting a created Content Set, the currently active set is NOT selected in the UI - instead, "Current Directories" is selected showing the chosen Set's mapping. The "Current Directories" item should not be selectable in the UI at all and should not be listed or editable as a "Content Set". The currently active set should be selected, and "Current Directories" should simply be informational reflecting the chosen, active set.

Switching between libraries (Content Sets) in content directory manager results in broken icons/paths for content not explicitly saved into the "current" active library/Content Set. I understand why this is the case (broken filepaths).. but I assumed that the content libraries/sets would be self-contained, and simply NOT display items outside of their mapped directories. After all, if I can't load content from an inactive Content Set or unmapped directory, why am I seeing them in the active set at all?

When switched to my old library, I assumed my old Render Settings Presets would appear in Render Settings Pane because the .duf files are in the proper folders on disk.
    Reality: They don't.

NOTE: They ARE loadable from old render library > Render Presets.. but they are untagged, and not recognized by Daz Studio in the Render Presets Pane.
    Workaround: In order for them to display in the RS pane, they need to be loaded from the content library (where they do NOT have an icon tag), then re-saved.

Once re-saved, they DO appear in RS Settings > Presets > Saved Files, and are tagged correctly... but you cannot add (sub)folders or organize your presets in this pane as you can elsewhere in the Content Library, and unlike the Content Library this pane ignores any all filesystem folders unless/until a preset is saved. Only then, will it appear under "Saved Files".

Apparently ALL previously saved content will need to be re-saved like this (to update the metadata/CMS?).

In the past, IIRC, it seems as though the metadata was correctly read from the saved .duf files on disk... or perhaps originally when the CMS was implemented, I did a DB migration? I can't remember... that would've been 4.5 -> 4.9 I think?

For the past several versions, I have NOT used any of the content management tools - Migrate Old DB.., Search Drive(s) for files..., Scan Known Directories..., etc. Everything seemed to just work properly without having to do so.
    Admittedly, doing this may actually fix the metadata issues I'm having, but I really don't want to do this for fear of polluting either the Default Clean library or my old library or corrupting the DB. I'd feel more comfortable experimenting with this if I had access to old Studio version installers.

I understand that I can add additional "Daz Studio Formats" folders to Content Sets... but when working in Studio, it's much easier for me to not have to deal with multiple libraries/folders in the Content Library interface and click between them - I prefer to have all my content in one place in the filesystem and within Studio.

It may take a while, but it looks like simply re-saving content will fix everything - basically rebuilding the DB manually.

• Thor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Perhaps I should have said "as expected".

In the past, after an install/upgrade, I've always just re-mapped to my previous library without creating a separate Content Set and never seemed to have any problems.
    For this upgrade, I wanted to do a clean install, and retain one Content Set for the default clean installation, and one for my previous library*. Sounds simple.

Clean install of Daz Studio
    "Daz Studio Formats" using mapped defaults:
    /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/
    Previous Daz Studio Content Library (on 2nd drive):
    /HD/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/
    Using Content Directory Manager: Create New Content Set*, Add Directory to "Daz Studio Formats" mapping to previous Library

*IMPORTANT: This actually requires creating TWO new content sets in Content Directory Manager - This was/is not obvious and a little confusing until I figured out that the built-in "Current Directories" > "Content Set" is NOT actually a Content Set at all. It would be nice if a clean DS install actually had the default Content Set created and mapped, so the user could just add additional sets, or edit the existing one. Adding to the confusion, when accessing Content Directory Manager after selecting a created Content Set, the currently active set is NOT selected in the UI - instead, "Current Directories" is selected showing the chosen Set's mapping. The "Current Directories" item should not be selectable in the UI at all and should not be listed or editable as a "Content Set". The currently active set should be selected, and "Current Directories" should simply be informational reflecting the chosen, active set.

Switching between libraries (Content Sets) in content directory manager results in broken icons/paths for content not explicitly saved into the "current" active library/Content Set. I understand why this is the case (broken filepaths).. but I assumed that the content libraries/sets would be self-contained, and simply NOT display items outside of their mapped directories. After all, if I can't load content from an inactive Content Set or unmapped directory, why am I seeing them in the active set at all?

The content sets are like pose presets, they change the current settings of the target (content directories) but they don't remain active ("The figuer is currently in pose /blah/blah/suchandsuch.duf" or "DS is currently using the "Ooh, thats tuff!" directory set") - I would think partly because both poses and content directory settings can be adjusted on the fly (it would not be generally desirable for an additional content directory added for a quick test, e.g. for the Face Transfer 2 content, to be added to the "current" content directory set for example).

How would DS know that a broken filepath was down to the content being in a disconnected cotnent directory, rather than mis-referenced in or deleted from the current? The database stores only relative paths, which is why it is safe to move content to another location as long as the relative path remains the same. In order to have a self-contained set you would need to use separate databases 9which is supported). Installing through DIM, which does record abssolute locations and won't install mutliple times, can be limiting here (without also using a separte manifests folder) but DS itself is flexible.

When switched to my old library, I assumed my old Render Settings Presets would appear in Render Settings Pane because the .duf files are in the proper folders on disk.
    Reality: They don't.

NOTE: They ARE loadable from old render library > Render Presets.. but they are untagged, and not recognized by Daz Studio in the Render Presets Pane.
    Workaround: In order for them to display in the RS pane, they need to be loaded from the content library (where they do NOT have an icon tag), then re-saved.

Once re-saved, they DO appear in RS Settings > Presets > Saved Files, and are tagged correctly... but you cannot add (sub)folders or organize your presets in this pane as you can elsewhere in the Content Library, and unlike the Content Library this pane ignores any all filesystem folders unless/until a preset is saved. Only then, will it appear under "Saved Files".

Apparently ALL previously saved content will need to be re-saved like this (to update the metadata/CMS?).

In the past, IIRC, it seems as though the metadata was correctly read from the saved .duf files on disk... or perhaps originally when the CMS was implemented, I did a DB migration? I can't remember... that would've been 4.5 -> 4.9 I think?

For the past several versions, I have NOT used any of the content management tools - Migrate Old DB.., Search Drive(s) for files..., Scan Known Directories..., etc. Everything seemed to just work properly without having to do so.
    Admittedly, doing this may actually fix the metadata issues I'm having, but I really don't want to do this for fear of polluting either the Default Clean library or my old library or corrupting the DB. I'd feel more comfortable experimenting with this if I had access to old Studio version installers.

I understand that I can add additional "Daz Studio Formats" folders to Content Sets... but when working in Studio, it's much easier for me to not have to deal with multiple libraries/folders in the Content Library interface and click between them - I prefer to have all my content in one place in the filesystem and within Studio.

It may take a while, but it looks like simply re-saving content will fix everything - basically rebuilding the DB manually.

So you don't have the old database at all? You should be able to right-click on the files and select Edit Metadata, then add categories and content yps as needed. For installed content (and user content if you had previously exported userdata when the files alreadye xisted) using Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance>Reimport Metadata should do the job. Only the ... Formats cotnainers in the Content Library pane (excluding the Daz Connect cotnainer at the top of ach list) reference fiels on disc, everytbing else is populated from the datyabse and organised by categories or, in one case, products.

• RuntuRuntu Posts: 98

alphawiz1 said:

domoniclewis said:

Crash! (Repeatedly!)

Something is going on, my tickets are not being answered either .

• Runtu said:

alphawiz1 said:

domoniclewis said:

Crash! (Repeatedly!)

And is the crashing a new issue, or is it the known issue with the Out Of Touch hair shader when theer is a map assigned to the Transmitted Colour?

Richard Haseltine said:

So you don't have the old database at all?

I do have a couple different backups of /User/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/CMS/... .. going all the way back to a Valentina DB from 4.5 - but I don't have the last one from 4.21 because of the clean install. I'd rather not replace the new/clean CMS directory with an old version.

Richard Haseltine said:

You should be able to right-click on the files and select Edit Metadata, then add categories and content yps as needed. For installed content (and user content if you had previously exported userdata when the files alreadye xisted) using Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance>Reimport Metadata should do the job. Only the ... Formats cotnainers in the Content Library pane (excluding the Daz Connect cotnainer at the top of ach list) reference fiels on disc, everytbing else is populated from the datyabse and organised by categories or, in one case, products.

I've never exported userdata.
    There is no "Edit Metadata" on right-click. Apparently I have to use Content Library option menu > Content DB Editor... (see attached)
    Seems like it would be just as easy to simply resave the files.

rgt-click.png
    245 x 548 - 53K
    db-edit.png
    727 x 397 - 88K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

Runtu said:

alphawiz1 said:

domoniclewis said:

Crash! (Repeatedly!)

I've had the same problem. I have tickets from over 6 months ago that have never received a human response. I also have at least one ticket from October (2 months ago) that has never gotten a human response. The tickets just sit Open in "My Activities". But even when technical support issues are reproduced by CS, I usually get no further response, and there is almost never a fix to the problem. The old problem of tickets being closed and marked "Solved", with no activity and no fix, has also come back. Reporting problems with products has become virtually useless.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 561

jbowler said:

Visuimag said:

Direction?  Do you mean which mouse button (left or right) you drag?  The spin control is 2D - up-down, left-right, so a direction has two components and "other" doesn't really convey much.  Left and right button spin are very different things; I would expect right button spin to be faster because it just rotates the camera and it seems to be in Iray preview.

Spinning right is fine. The other way seems to have this slow down issue. Like I said, years of it across plenty of builds.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182

Richard Haseltine said:

You should be able to right-click on the files and select Edit Metadata, then add categories and content yps as needed. For installed content (and user content if you had previously exported userdata when the files alreadye xisted) using Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance>Reimport Metadata should do the job. Only the ... Formats cotnainers in the Content Library pane (excluding the Daz Connect cotnainer at the top of ach list) reference fiels on disc, everytbing else is populated from the datyabse and organised by categories or, in one case, products.

I've never exported userdata.
    There is no "Edit Metadata" on right-click. Apparently I have to use Content Library option menu > Content DB Editor... (see attached)
    Seems like it would be just as easy to simply resave the files.

You should right mouse button click on that Folder rather than the thumbnail of duf file. Then you'll see "Edit Metadata" menu item...

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 776
    edited December 2023

Visuimag said:

Spinning right is fine. The other way seems to have this slow down issue. Like I said, years of it across plenty of builds.

It sounds like you are talking about a left-button spin vs a right-button spin.  At least with the Iray preview (other view modes are too fast on my system) right-button is fast and left-button is slightly slower.  I expect that; left button moves the camera so changes the geometry seen by the camera and that all has to be recalculated, right button just rotates the camera so the geometry (projection) remains the same.

Is this what you are noticing?

Post edited by jbowler on
  • davidpratt14davidpratt14 Posts: 28
    edited December 2023

UNABLE TO LOAD DAZ STUDIO 4.22

When starting Daz Studio this morning, I got a message that I need to upgrade. I went through the process of downloading the latest version of Daz Install Manager and selected Daz 4.22 to download and install. After doing so, Install Manager says the installation is complete, but that the size of the installation is only -1 bytes! The button to launch is disabled. I can no longer run Daz Studio.

I have tried numerous times now, even deleting the old Program Files/DAZ 3D folder so that maybe I could just get a completely clean install.  Again, the Install Manager will download the files, and yes I see them downloading, but then after it is done, I get the result in the attachment.  There is no longer a link to Daz Studio in my Start menu.  I don't know where the downloaded files go.  I have tried to launch it from Daz Central, but again, it will say that the program is installed, provide a button to launch it, but when I click the button nothing happens.

UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!

Out of desperation, I restarted my computer and downloaded VS.22 again.  This time it installed correctly!  WHEW!!!!

Daz Install Problem.png
    1373 x 854 - 44K
    Post edited by davidpratt14 on
  • Neither DIM nor DS wuill force you to update. If you have DIM set to check package updates on launch then it may probmpt you to update, but you can turn that feature off completely - a check box at the bottom of the dialogue box (deslect all updates, deselect the option to always show, and click the OK/Accept button)