Free procedural Iray shaders! WOO!

13»

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Interesting shaders!

I particularily like the rust top/botton. Not sure exactly what's going on, but I like how it makes thinks look like they are deteroriating. I tried the copy/paste trick too (neat - learned something new), but didn't seem to keep my original skin color. I want to keep playing around with it tho.

WTPShaderTest.png
    1920 x 1080 - 799K
  • I was getting tired of dealing with texture maps, so I loaded one of your base color shaders, and came up with something close to a good marble, but couldn't get the smaller details quite small enough for veining, got more of a cloudy kind of marble. with the availalbe settings. Also a way to more directly access the attributes of the noise would be useful.  A good base marble and granite would be good to have. If you decide to offer a paid product, I would be in line for it.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Your wish is (well, was) granted!

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-master-shader1-for-iray

• Thanks! I found that item after I made the post, and didn't realize it was yours.  Will be getting it soon.  I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I recently played with the 4   layer PBR shader installed with Studio, and got some good results-after a few attempts-I tried using Quixel Mixer, but am still figuring that out.  The one thing that has been bothering me about Studio Shaders in general is that when applying anything--other than your sample shaders so far, is that everything is based on texture maps.  There doesn't seem to be way to do layers of procedural shaders--your product may have some options-and i'll play  with it once I get it.  I've had Studio a long time, but I guess I'm more familiar--though not expert-in the way Vue handles shaders. (and doing outdoor landscapes-its my favortied app) (Though I've searched and searched for a procedural brick shader for Vue to no avail--looked at blender-and could't figure out how to transfer that to Vue--I did find that working with splines lets the bricks follow the curves, which has been useful-- I am a dedicated yellow brick road addict)

• piced up the master shaders and the brick-tiling one today

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184
    edited March 2022

I have these shaders, but something was not right about them.  I'll double check what the problem was and attach an image later.

UPDATE:

I did download shaders in 2017

IMG_20220305_172637.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 5M
    IMG_20220305_172614.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 5M
    IMG_20220305_172522.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 4M
    Post edited by ShadowBox24 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Thanks, Greg!