Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• edited December 1969

I sense an inner need to express yourself further about these things, Cham. Now you just get back into your runtime and track down the freebies to tell the whole story.

Then we'll see about getting you a nice prize. So far the judges are pretty much decided that Perlk is WAY out in front in this month's competition.

Lmao, I'm working on one right now and trying to keep track of the freebies. Been so long since I entered. I think the last one I entered was the pin up challenge in 2010.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Cho- Oh yes. Apparently because I'm little and female I'm expected to be sweet and demure (which I can be), but cross me and I will let you know. I am fortunate (or unfortunate depending on your point of view) that since I'm "one of the boys" I get to hear very interesting conversations, and have been described as "scary" by female co-workers for whatever reason.

LOL I don't know about you, but I hate being typecast. Even my youngest grandaughter was a bit taken aback, the first time that she met me (that she remembered). She doesn't get to see her extended family very often, as one set of granparents are in Holland and we are in the UK, and they live in Ireland, and none of us really have the money to go jetting around as often as we would like.

In her mind Grandmas should be little and have grey hair in a bun and wear longer skirts and maybe a shawl round the shoulders and have grey hair in a bun. She even went upstairs and brought down her Grandma doll from her doll's house set to show me. Apparently in her world Grandma shouldn't turn up wearing a bright coloured track suit and trainers, with an overnight bag slung over her shoulder, and she certainly shouldn't have had hair that was still red and hanging halfway down her back. I was quite a disappointment. Luckily she has grown up more now, and accepts that her Grandma may not conform to story book descriptions.

• edited December 1969

Cho- Is that like according to some people mommies shouldn't have tattoos and multiple piercings and plan on adding more?
    I'm getting a mental image of a woman in a bright track suit and red hair. Was it by any chance yellow?

edited April 2013

No, twas teal, one of my fave colours, especially teamed with purple. and curly darkish red hair as it was then. It is starting to gain some silver hilights now, a few years on. Sarah is 13 now, but I still prefer to wear bright colours and casual clothes.

Yes some people do have these strange preconceived ideas don't they.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No, twas teal, one of my fave colours, especially teamed with purple. and curly darkish red hair as it was then. It is starting to gain some silver hilights now, a few years on. Sarah is 13 now, but I still prefer to wear bright colours and casual clothes.

Yes some people do have these strange preconceived ideas don't they.

That they do.
    Yep I can see the teal going well with red hair.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

CHOHOLE, are you saying you DON'T look like your avatar??? Cause that picture's kind of granny-ish.

edited April 2013

Well it was a try at an extreme caricature self portrait, hair all scooped up under the hat, but it didn't really end up that way. I am a bit more cuddly than that in real life. I refuse to share a real image as the only recentish one I have caught me pulling a funny face as the sun was straight into my face.

ANd yes my avatar is a bit grannyish, Granny Weatherwax that is.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

now wth. I can't upload a new avatar?

edited December 1969

Nope, nobody can at the moment. nor a banner either. Those of us that have them are stuck with what we have got, and those without are stuck without until they work out what needs to be fixed to get them back again.
    Sorry about that.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No entries from me until next week. :down:
    I was expecting a SSD from Tiger Direct yesterday. The UPS driver must not have known how to use the building's directory (I live in a controlled accesst apartment building). According to the tracking link I was given; "the customer was not available" (this was after I've been waiting all day for the package). A call the their customer service hopefully straightened thing out for Monday. But that means I can't finish putting together my new computer this weekend. >:(

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Nope, nobody can at the moment. nor a banner either. Those of us that have them are stuck with what we have got, and those without are stuck without until they work out what needs to be fixed to get them back again.
    Sorry about that.

bah! humbug!

drat

thank you.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    The UPS driver must not have known how to use the building's directory (I live in a controlled accesst apartment building). According to the tracking link I was given; "the customer was not available" (this was after I've been waiting all day for the package).

Israel's Mossad is EXCELLENT at finding people's homes, and the people in them even when they're pretending not to be home.

Alternatively, UPS could have just called the Pentagon, which has a drone hovering outside your window. Go have a look if you don't believe me.

edited December 1969

bah! humbug!

drat

thank you.

Did I just see a couple of fingers fly up in the air?

• edited December 1969

bah! humbug!

drat

thank you.

Did I just see a couple of fingers fly up in the air?

nah. Just a scowl this time.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    The UPS driver must not have known how to use the building's directory (I live in a controlled accesst apartment building). According to the tracking link I was given; "the customer was not available" (this was after I've been waiting all day for the package).

Israel's Mossad is EXCELLENT at finding people's homes, and the people in them even when they're pretending not to be home.

Alternatively, UPS could have just called the Pentagon, which has a drone hovering outside your window. Go have a look if you don't believe me.

How do I know it's the Pentagon's? How do I know YOU didn't send that drone here?

wait-a-minit!! You DID send that drone! Because YOU work for the Pentagon!

Hey can you see MY one-finger salute in your monitor?

%-P

edited December 1969

TOO MANY fingers flyin' around here and not enough PIES!

I mean RENDERS!

BWSMAN penalised 5 points for disrespecting the co-host.

edited December 1969

GOOD! We got to Page 8 in about 5 days, which ain't bad.

And we have ... uh ... let's see ... one ... uh ...

We have ONE entry.

Pen to paper, people, pen to paper.

• edited December 1969

GOOD! We got to Page 8 in about 5 days, which ain't bad.

And we have ... uh ... let's see ... one ... uh ...

We have ONE entry.

Pen to paper, people, pen to paper.

2326449725_mr_yuck_713258_answer_2_xlarge.gif
    350 x 350 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Is that an entry? You realise you need at least 8 items.

Plus it doesn't quite fit the Real People theme, although it does have a passing resemblance to Ganthor.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

TOO MANY fingers flyin' around here and not enough PIES!
    Real Man style apple pie flying your way!

(That's the kind you get a slice of at the truck stop.)
    I mean RENDERS!

BWSMAN penalised 5 points for disrespecting the co-host.

I have a concept; I just need to find the freebies. If only people compiled lists of freebies and posted them to the Freepozitory... (Besides the ones that already exist, that is. Kerya, Eustace, and I are doing a disproportionate amount of the work in this area.)
    Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

I do my bit as well. I wield my pot of glue and add them to the Sticky compilation list. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Oh, the freebies you're using must be on ONE of your lists SOMEWHERE!

Call out if you get stuck. Dana and Assassin are Mossad GENIUSES at tracking stuff down.

edited December 1969

Only two of them are...
    Call out if you get stuck. Dana and Assassin are Mossad GENIUSES at tracking stuff down.

I just might ... but, as I mentioned in one of last year's challenges, the thrill of the hunt is half the fun!
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Only two of them are...

You need another list! :coolsmile:

• edited December 1969

Anyone know free clothes for M4? He's kinda nekkid.

edited April 2013

As Doeseyland said, we need another list... :-S

There are old lists here, possibly (probably?) with a lot of dead links:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=112775
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=173079

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

M4 is a chronically bad dresser, but have a look at the gear made by 3574, formerly known as Aziqo at ShareCG:
    http://3574.blog.fc2.com/?all
    http://poserfreebie.blog.fc2.com/

Kireta Clothing modern street clothes
    Kireta Clothing Set 5 is a cool and versatile Japanese school uniform
    Soccer set's pretty neat
    And the gothic Angel Flutter Shirt he made for Dark Division last Xmas2012, also available from Mamomamo:
    http://mamomamo.candypop.jp/Freestuff/index.html
    Mamo's working blog Poser Log Notes While Painting (also click Previous Page at bottom):
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007

• edited December 1969

M4 is a chronically bad dresser, but have a look at the gear made by 3574, formerly known as Aziqo at ShareCG:
    http://3574.blog.fc2.com/?all
    http://poserfreebie.blog.fc2.com/

Kireta Clothing modern street clothes
    Kireta Clothing Set 5 is a cool and versatile Japanese school uniform
    Soccer set's pretty neat
    And the gothic Angel Flutter Shirt he made for Dark Division last Xmas2012, also available from Mamomamo:
    http://mamomamo.candypop.jp/Freestuff/index.html
    Mamo's working blog Poser Log Notes While Painting (also click Previous Page at bottom):
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007

ha! TY! Yeah, the original sticky has a ton of dead links, but, what do you expect? It is an older list.

edited December 1969

OH MY GOD, IT'S GANTHOR!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Gypsy Crystal Ball is by Valea, who I believe is easily found at Renderosity.

AprilCrystalBall.jpg
    927 x 733 - 133K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

M4 search on Renderosity

M4 Search on ShareCG: (this wouldn't work with the url tag...just copy it all and paste it)
    http://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser/?PSID=c88b97eb5aca30b723b540dc1fee52e3&keywords=M4&member;_type[All]=on&attribute;[2449][-1]=1&attribute;[2577][-1]=1&attribute;[2439][2447]=1&tdm=a&s=dd]

Dana