Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hi everyone. I appoligize for not being here much lately, but 2 things from real life have hit me. First, TAX TIME! I have been in the books for a while doing the numbers, then, second, I got hit with a stomach virus and lung congestion and was throwing up a lot and my nose was running constant, I even missed a few days of work (and I never miss!), then finally went into the hospital with dehidration from all the liquid loss from throwing up so much. It felt like I was walking around with a 2x4 through my mid body. The flipping of my stomach just would not cease. I lost over 25 lbs. in a week. I was totally "nirvana" and disoriented when I tried to walk from my bed to the bathroom to sit on the floor in front of the toliet for 30 minutes at a time. I finally lost the battle to recover alone and had to seek outside help, so...I went to the hospital. Strangely enough, I was then told, by the hospital, that there were a lot of people coming in with this virus. The hard part is, most of my patients caught it from the lady who brought it all to us (and she was a freebie charity case) and could not come in for their treatments. My business went dead for a week. All because this one lady came in, with her two little boys, ALL three were sniffling and blowing massive amounts out their noses. My wife and I knew it may be a problem, so we treated her and her boys and got them out before they could give it to the patients that were there. Too late...they caught it and then came in and gave it to others...it snowballed very fast. We even germ proofed and sanitized everything they touched including the sign in pen. No good.

Okay, I'm thinking that, unless GANTHOR and CHAMELEON can come up with medical certificates or at least really, really gross descriptions of their illnesses, I'll have to declare MUSIC THE WINNER of this month's REAL PUKE MINI CONTEST.

The winner gets a lifetime supply of sick bags designed exclusively for NASA's Vomit Comet astronaut flight trainer.

Seriously, I hope everybody's feeling 100% again real soon.

Music wins!

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited April 2013

There's no post here. Must have been your imagination.

Post edited by Dorseyland on
    edited December 1969

Sorry, that's supposed to be an update of my post on the previous page. Could be the site is still a bit wonky.

At any rate, THANK YOU very much, Tramp, for having a look at Rendero for me!

edited December 1969

Immensely relieved that TWO MORE ENTRIES came in today. The judging junta was getting quite bored. They even cut Perlk's lonely entry up with a jigsaw to while away some time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Puzzle Flat from Sams3D was part of the Renderosity Christmas bestowal last year.

PerlkJigsaw.jpg
    967 x 733 - 174K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks Dorsey! Now you got me freaking started on a texture pack! Has the method for distribution changed at all?

edited December 1969

If you want the Rocky shirt, I'm happy to oblige. I was listening to RHPS on my headphones when I began this render lol.

Thank you! (Got any other ones -- you know, like Abba?) (Just kidding! Don't do Abba!)

I want Ganthor to weigh in here first on the prizes we've got right now before we arrange for anything else, but in the meantime, get a whole lot of toast ready and we'll have a toast fight this month instead of a pie fight.

edited December 1969

Has the method for distribution changed at all?

Free to rich people, same as always.

• edited December 1969

If you want the Rocky shirt, I'm happy to oblige. I was listening to RHPS on my headphones when I began this render lol.

Thank you! (Got any other ones -- you know, like Abba?) (Just kidding! Don't do Abba!)

I want Ganthor to weigh in here first on the prizes we've got right now before we arrange for anything else, but in the meantime, get a whole lot of toast ready and we'll have a toast fight this month instead of a pie fight.

No...but i think AC/DC, Nightwish, Evil Dead, and Army of Darkness are working their way in, among others. I actually enjoy making texture packages over renders sometimes.

edited December 1969

i think Nightwish, Evil Dead, and Army of Darkness are working their way in.

Stop it, you're scaring me.

• edited April 2013

i think Nightwish, Evil Dead, and Army of Darkness are working their way in.

Stop it, you're scaring me.

Sorry. Not really, but it sounded good.
    But if you'd like I'm sure I could throw in a few Barbie and My Little Pony ones too.

Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm.. I was wondering how come I do not get notifications again, so came in to see what's up and yep.. lot up ..

music.. there is nothing to forgive, you are a human, you want it, or not, and getting sick falls into the hhumanity thingie :) Just get yourself better.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Joey and Dolores (da real man's cousin) go ta da city fo' some fun. (Dey left all da kids home wit da oldest dawta.) Joey r'membed a "real nice place" he usta go, but dey got lost...

'ey! Dolores! Good t' sees ya again! Your skin's clearin' up real nice dese days. Joey! Ya joik! I tolt ya t'stay away from my cousin before me an' Big Eddie Mac tosses yer @#$ in da East River wheres ya belong! Now beat it!

(Great render! Outstanding!)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I'm more than willing to take any donation that anyone is willing to gift us with. However, I must 2nd the "Don't Do Abba" request. That may be perceived as looking a gift horse in the mouth, but you've just got to draw a line somewhere...

Wait a minuet...a toast fight? I'm assuming that you're talking about the warm bread and butter type of toast and...not the other kind...you know, that euphemism that get's bandied about in the forums sometimes? I mean, we've got to work within the boundaries of the TOS and all...although I must confess the alternative concept does has a certain amount of gross appeal to it...oh, hell....never mind...

PS To Music: I must of had what you had, only the "lite" version. If I had gone through what you did my family would be planning my funeral this week...

edited December 1969

PRIZES! FUNTASTIC PRIZES!

We had the April Challenge tucked underneath the "Breast bounce script". It seemed quite content there, but I'm dragging it back up the queue with a picture of the textures that CELEBI has made as a prize.

All three winners AND the honourable mentions this month get these terrific new mats for three great free outfits:

Aiko 4 from DAZ

Far East Girl character by Redviper2012 at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/62353/browse/11/Poser/Far-East-Girls-Collection-II-for-A4

Angela Short Hair by 3574 (formerly Aziqo)
    http://poserfreebie.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html

Cheap Lingerie by Redviper2012
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63184/browse/11/Poser/The-Cheap-Lingeries-for-A4

RED LACE TEXTURE BY CELEBI

Victoria 4 from DAZ

Jacket Culotte Set by MamoMamo
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/e/002042733b06826f0df0e8151b4ea1a9

BUTTERLY TEXTURE BY CELEBI (one of two for this set)

PreTeen Vicki from DAZ

Marie character by Kobamax at Poserclub (log in > Free Stuff > Characters > Page 18)
    http://www.poserclub.net/

Rikugami Hair from Nakki Secret Room (might auto-translate as "tortoise hair")
    http://park1.wakwak.com/~nucky/dress.html

Cape Coat Set by MamoMamo
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/e/8cb9531b93e11c7a957c79008c06724e

SPARKLES TEXTURE BY CELEBI (one of two for this set)

A4 & PreTeen's Kawaii Poses by Akio at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52851/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Kawaii-Poses-for-Aiko-4!

Satin Studio III by Rick Bridenbaker at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35897/browse/11/Poser/Satin-Studio-III

CelebiTextPromo.jpg
    967 x 733 - 115K
  • edited April 2013

I'm more than willing to take any donation that anyone is willing to gift us with. However, I must 2nd the "Don't Do Abba" request. That may be perceived as looking a gift horse in the mouth, but you've just got to draw a line somewhere...

Wait a minuet...a toast fight? I'm assuming that you're talking about the warm bread and butter type of toast and...not the other kind...you know, that euphemism that get's bandied about in the forums sometimes? I mean, we've got to work within the boundaries of the TOS and all...although I must confess the alternative concept does has a certain amount of gross appeal to it...oh, hell....never mind...

PS To Music: I must of had what you had, only the "lite" version. If I had gone through what you did my family would be planning my funeral this week...

Alrighty. Let me get them around. Might take me a bit, since i have to remember how to make a tex. Pack....

And, a note about Abba. You do realize I just turned 29 2 months ago and actually had to look up the group. Once I did, I realized why I couldn't remember who they were. The song Dancing Queen drives me absolutely bat turds.

Post edited by blue_chameleon2002_d161d19223 on
    edited December 1969

Bat turds we an handle, but the Bouncing Breasts are too much of a distraction, and we slipped underneath them again on Page 1 while I was distracted.

• edited December 1969

Can honestly say I wasn't distracted by bouncing breasts.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree bouncing boobies would have been more distracting. :coolsmirk:

boobies_2.jpg
    750 x 600 - 72K
  • edited December 1969

blue footed at that. Must be cold.

Does anybody want to volunteer some of their time? I have a dilemma...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736
    edited December 1969

LUCI45 -- Fantastic entry, thank you very much! Great to meet Louie's cousin.

LOVE the setting, the story and especially the guy's pose and expression -- looks very Jersey Shore.

All of which brings to mind a line that Springsteen added to Tom Waits' "Jersey Girls" -- "Now go in the bathroom and put your makeup on, we're gonna take those little brats of yours and drop 'em off at your mom's ..."

You've got 6 links to Renderosity that I'm unable to verify, so if Ganthor or anyone else can please do so, I'd appreciate it.

Millennium Dog and Mitsu Hair at DAZ cost money these days and should be listed as paid-for items, but you should still be well ahead in the freebie count.

EVERY OTHER LINK IS FINE, but for Warped Wheelies, it's helpful to indicate where it is on the page, in this case "7th item down".

Otherwise, ENTRY ACCEPTED pending a peek behind the Renderosity curtain.

Thanks.
    Millennium Dog LE is still free, at least that link works for me. The Mitsu Hair too, as part of Anime Star Fighter package.
    :-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

And, a note about Abba. You do realize I just turned 29 2 months ago and actually had to look up the group. Once I did, I realized why I couldn't remember who they were. The song Dancing Queen drives me absolutely bat turds.

That just means you have taste. ;-)

(Still working on my render... anybody know of a decent felt texture or shader for DS3, preferably in black?)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yaaaa! I got my new computer put together (the last piece arrived last evening); it booted up into the BIOS menu & I was able to install Win 7x64 on my SSD. I had to dig up the CD/DVD that came with the moterboard to get the network and audio drivers (can you imagine that; a Windows install disk that doesn't have generic drivers for every piece of hardware you could possible install into a computer). Everything works fine & now comes the fun part of getting all my old programs to work with the new OS. I'll have to get the 64-bit versions of some software (like DS); but I hope I can try to get everything working without re-installing it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Good luck with that, BWSman! I don't envy your project.

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Okay LG and Dorsey, my entry to your wacky contest.

Title: At the Bus Stop
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5. Postwork to fix a poke through and add sig done in Paint Shop Pro.

I have lived in Phoenix for over 30 years. It is a big metropolis area. You can drive from east to west for three hours and stil be in town. So having a car is a must if you want to get anywhere. Driving through town you pass by lots of bus stops and I find that they have some common traits wether you are on the east side of town or the west. This is my take on a Southwestern Bus Stop.

Let me introduce the riders, left to right:
    Edward, (Genesis with the free tween morph dialed in) The sensitive type, he wants to be above and beyond what we mere mortals do, but he just can't help but interface with the world and the world interfacing with him.
    Baby, (Adam Thwaites Genesis Baby, MIA anybody know where it is?) She has just found out that cookies are priceless.
    Lolly, (V4) a young mother.
    Margarita, (Genesis with age morphs) the wise.
    Ireland, (Genesis with free tween morph dialed in) the shcool girl.
    Otris, (Genesis with age morphs) the southern gentleman.

This scene was lighted using wancow's light set. I gave the lights a very light yellow color, pumped up the intensity and turned off the shadows on the back and fill lamps. I just want to say that I can now appreciate the wonderfulness of Genesis and DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro. It is such a versitil system. I am going to break up my list into two parts. To qualify the scene I am going to list fourteen of the 50 plus items I used. I will add the remaining items after the listing of the paid for items. So I hope that Dorsey and LG don't mind me doing this cause I know it can be a pain to check out that many links, but I do know that for me I like having a list of all of the stuff in the picture in case there is something I just gotta get.

Qualifying list
    Freebies:
    Baby: Cookie * Milk N Cookies by A_. 17th down
    Baby: Dress * Genesis Babydoll Outfit by Wilmap.
    Baby: Hair * Baby Hair by pines.
    Baby: Hair * Baby Short Hair Mats by pines.
    Baby: Pram Pram by A. Weyman.
    Baby: Shoes * Elf Sandals for Genesis by Mada.
    Edward: Hair * Morgan Mohawk by Arki. 13th down
    Edward: Outfit * Kireta Clothing Set for M4 by Aziqo 3574.
    Edward: Skin Texture Edward for M4 by Studio Maya. 2nd row 3rd column
    Environment: Backwall * New Graffiti Wall by Rick Bridenbaker.
    Environment: Bus Stop Bus Stop N150111 by Szynkiewicz Sergiusz.
    Environment: Lighting * WC Soft Skin Lights for DS 4.5 by wancow.
    Environment: Trash Cola with Morph by Trekkiegrrl. 9th down
    Genesis: Morphs * Tween Morphs for Genesis by Murgatroyd.

Paid for:
    Edward: Headphones * Headphones by DAZ 3D Valandar. Weekly freebie 2nd week of January
    Otris: Ring * Jeweled Finery by Fisty.

* means registration is required. The archive3d stuff comes in .3ds format and will require you to covert it to obj by using Hexagon. This is necessary only for using in DAZ Studio.

Comments are always welcome. Have a wacky crazy April guys!

The Rest of the Stuff
    Genesis and V4: Skin Texture * BRUUNA FOR VICTORIA 4.2 - PART 1/4 by Roberto Melo.
    Genesis and V4: Skin Texture * BRUUNA FOR VICTORIA 4.2 - PART 2/4 by Roberto Melo.
    Genesis and V4: Skin Texture * BRUUNA FOR VICTORIA 4.2 - PART 3/4 by Roberto Melo.
    Genesis and V4: Skin Texture * BRUUNA FOR VICTORIA 4.2 - PART 4/4 by Roberto Melo.
    Genesis: Morphs * RAMWorks Morphs for Genesis by RAMWolff.
    Genesis: Morphs * FaceJowls for Genesis by Zev0.
    Genesis: Morphs * Tempest's V4 Aging Morphs for Genesis by Tempest wancow.
    Ireland: Backpack * SP3 Backpack by 3D Strike.
    Ireland: Belt * MidnightSoul by Adzan.
    Ireland: Boots * Genesis Cuffed Heeled Boots by Wilmap.
    Ireland: Hair Short Bob by Kozaburo. Click on the picture that says downloads. First hair on page
    Ireland: Lip Texture * Spice - Lips for V4 by Dark Poetry.
    Ireland: Lollipop * Incognito Props by Mada.
    Ireland: Pants * SickleYield Free Leggings Genesis by SickleYield.
    Ireland and Edward: Phone * iPhone By Amy by amy_aimei.
    Ireland: Top Karth's Shortjacket for M4 by Karth. Nolonger available
    Lolly: Dress * Hot Salsa Dress by atumis.
    Lolly: Hair * HMHM hair and MGHM hair for V4/A4 by redviper2012.
    Lolly: Morph Rubenesque for V4 by adamthwaites.
    Lolly: Purse Portfolio 1 by James Ju.
    Lolly: Shoes Studded Sandals for V4 by LMDesigns.
    Margarita: Blouse * Genesis Blouses by Wilmap.
    Margarita: Shoes * Genesis Low Heeled Shoes by Wilmap.
    Margarita: Hair Chgnon Hair by kozaburo. Click on the picture that says downloads. Select page 2 at top of page. 5th down.
    Margrita: Purse Portfolio 15 by Jame Ju.
    Otris: Glasses * Simple Glasses for V4 by 3-d-c.
    Otris: Hair Free Genesis Beard by joequick. No longer available.
    Otris: Hat * SAV Famous Hat Collection for M4 by StudioArtVartanian.
    Otris: Jacket * Genesis Jackets by Wilmap.
    Otris: Pants * Steampunk Mad Scientist for Wanted: Dead or Alive by maki82.
    Otris: Paper * Morphing Newspaper by Trekkiegrrl.
    Otris: Skin Texture * The Boss for M4 by RecieCup.
    Shader: Boots pursers * LEATHER PLAIN SHADERS FOR DAZ3D DAZ STUDIO 3.xx by Riveda72.
    Shader: Ireland Belt * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.

AttheBusStop-DAZ.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 469K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Okay LG and Dorsey, my entry to your wacky contest.

Title: At the Bus Stop
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5. Postwork to fix a poke through and add sig done in Paint Shop Pro.

I have lived in Phoenix for over 30 years. It is a big metropolis area. You can drive from east to west for three hours and stil be in town. So having a car is a must if you want to get anywhere. Driving through town you pass by lots of bus stops and I find that they have some common traits wether you are on the east side of town or the west. This is my take on a Southwestern Bus Stop.

Let me introduce the riders, left to right:
    Edward, (Genesis with the free tween morph dialed in) The sensitive type, he wants to be above and beyond what we mere mortals do, but he just can't help but interface with the world and the world interfacing with him.
    Baby, (Adam Thwaites Genesis Baby, MIA anybody know where it is?) She has just found out that cookies are priceless.
    Lolly, (V4) a young mother.
    Margarita, (Genesis with age morphs) the wise.
    Ireland, (Genesis with free tween morph dialed in) the shcool girl.
    Otris, (Genesis with age morphs) the southern gentleman.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=62857_FThYLHY8ECMwUTxtYzYH&thumb=1&board_id=1

Wow, a very typical type of scene! Well done!

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dana. You are a kind man.

edited December 1969

DOLLYGIRL -- IT FEELS DESTINED TO BE A CLASSIC.

I just woke up and it's off to work I go (hi-ho), but I'll have more to say and catch up on everything on Page 12 when I get back home.

edited December 1969

I'm back home. What do you guys DO all day when I'm not around??

edited December 1969

I believe this is Chohole's stealthy way of seeing if anyone's even paying attention to the TOS. She even let a butt crack slip through over on the Commons.

boobies_2.jpg
    750 x 600 - 72K
    edited April 2013

Luci45 said:
    Millennium Dog and Mitsu Hair at DAZ cost money these days and should be listed as paid-for items, but you should still be well ahead in the freebie count.

Thanks.
    Millennium Dog LE is still free, at least that link works for me. The Mitsu Hair too, as part of Anime Star Fighter package.
    :-)

LUCI45--I'm seeing Millennium Dog for $3.88 (currently half-price) and Anime Star Fighter for $6.95. It's neither here nor there, of course, because it doesn't affect your entry, but if you DO know how to get them free, someone reading the thread might appreciate it.

Meanwhile anyone who hasn't paid a visit to the latest Random Runtime Roulette Renders contest, where Luci and Totte and a host of others are having a month of April Fool fun, should check it out. Open competition ends on April 21:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19109/

I'm keen to get involved there too, but stretched for time.

EDIT: I'VE NOW BEEN APPRISED OF SPECIAL CONDITIONS APPLYING TO CERTAIN ITEMS FROM THE STORE ...

so everybody just ignore what I said, as usual.

Post edited by Dorseyland on