Welcome to the April Freebie Challenge: "Real People"

Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Anyone who has been around will know who this is and why the poor fellow looks so glum.

Well, I THOUGHT I'd "been around", but I have no idea who that guy is. Clue me in.

Tiny Tim all growed up?

Winner of this season's "Survivor"?

Mitt Romney spotted shopping at WalMart? (Remember when Al Gore grew that massive beard after losing to Bush?)

edited December 1969

HOW 'BOUT SOME CREDIT TO GO WITH THAT CASH?

As Krissy an' Jaderail have obsoived, THERE AIN'T A WHOLE LOTTA ENTRIES COMIN' IN!

If I wasn't ya hostess, I'd be rendering my butt off for the swanky cash on offer, so I don't ged it why da hold-up. Is youse folks confused about the theme? Just pipe up, den, and we'll come to some soit 'a arrangement, if youse catches my drift!

Maybe people are holdin' back 'cause cash doesn't go as far as it used to on accoun'a de economy 'n' stuff. RELAX! I has a solution. I been ovah ta Louie's place, rootin' around', ya know? An' LOOK what I found! Dat's right -- it's his buddy Ganthaw's credit card!

WINNAH GETS TA MAX IT OUT!

Juss don't say nuttin' ta Louie uh Ganthaw, 'kay?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Zombie Chow by McGyver at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56135/gallery/11/Poser/Zombie-Chow-Canned-Zombie-food

Toaster by Gerald Day at Fast3D
    http://fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm

Spell Ingredient Canisters by Sickenlysweete wuz a one-time-only Fairiewylde giveaway, but check out her (or his) other cool stuff:
    http://www.dreamslayervisions.com/dsvmarket/index.php?_a=viewAff&affId=3

Coffee Mill by Zippo at Lab108
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/household.html

Credit Card by Zippo
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/personal.html

Photo Mugs by Diane at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/21232/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Photo-Mug

The Fifties Dinette Set and the Diner Table and Diner Food (pancakes) by blondie9999 wuz DAZ freebies last fall. (Ya rememba DAZ freebies? Shuh ya do.)

AprilCredit-2.jpg
    927 x 733 - 116K
    AprilCredit-1.jpg
    927 x 733 - 174K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

HOW 'BOUT SOME CREDIT TO GO WITH THAT CASH?

As Krissy an' Jaderail have obsoived, THERE AIN'T A WHOLE LOTTA ENTRIES COMIN' IN!

If I wasn't ya hostess, I'd be rendering my butt off for the swanky cash on offer, so I don't ged it why da hold-up. Is youse folks confused about the theme? Just pipe up, den, and we'll come to some soit 'a arrangement, if youse catches my drift!

Maybe people are holdin' back 'cause cash doesn't go as far as it used to on accoun'a de economy 'n' stuff. RELAX! I has a solution. I been ovah ta Louie's place, rootin' around', ya know? An' LOOK what I found! Dat's right -- it's his buddy Ganthaw's credit card!

WINNAH GETS TA MAX IT OUT!

Juss don't say nuttin' ta Louie uh Ganthaw, 'kay?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Zombie Chow by McGyver at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56135/gallery/11/Poser/Zombie-Chow-Canned-Zombie-food

Toaster by Gerald Day at Fast3D
    http://fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm

Spell Ingredient Canisters by Sickenlysweete wuz a one-time-only Fairiewylde giveaway, but check out her (or his) other cool stuff:
    http://www.dreamslayervisions.com/dsvmarket/index.php?_a=viewAff&affId=3

Coffee Mill by Zippo at Lab108
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/household.html

Credit Card by Zippo
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/personal.html

Photo Mugs by Diane at ShareCG
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/21232/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Photo-Mug

The Fifties Dinette Set and the Diner Table and Diner Food (pancakes) by blondie9999 wuz DAZ freebies last fall. (Ya rememba DAZ freebies? Shuh ya do.)

Good t'ing dat's a virtual cahd! :lol:

Dana

edited April 2013

Awwwwwwwwwww, dagnabit, ya right! Ya just can't TRUST men dese days!

BannerApril.jpg
    487 x 86 - 57K
    Post edited by Dorseyland on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Got a fluctuating mix of good and bad news on my end.

BAD: My old desktop hard drive finally died.
    GOOD: The majority of my actual rendering is done on my laptop and a lot of my old material is on external HD or thumb drives
    GOOD: Been saving for a new computer and a friend was able to hook me up with a nice one hat he built
    BAD: Internet isn't working with it, despite it reading the wireless at his house when he was showing it to me. To his credit, the wireless card was from the old computer and it was slightly damaged already

Once I get all this straightened out I should be able to work on my entry

edited December 1969

Excellent, Zamuel, I really hope you can get us some pictures! Meanwhile, enjoy the roller coaster ride!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,736
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Okay LG and Dorsey, my entry to your wacky contest.

Title: At the Bus Stop
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5. Postwork to fix a poke through and add sig done in Paint Shop Pro.

I have lived in Phoenix for over 30 years. It is a big metropolis area. You can drive from east to west for three hours and stil be in town. So having a car is a must if you want to get anywhere. Driving through town you pass by lots of bus stops and I find that they have some common traits wether you are on the east side of town or the west. This is my take on a Southwestern Bus Stop.

Dollygirl, I love this one!!!!! It is so cool! The people are great and the color and lighting too. And, yeah, it looks like some Phoenix folks. :lol:

Luci45 said:
    Millennium Dog and Mitsu Hair at DAZ cost money these days and should be listed as paid-for items, but you should still be well ahead in the freebie count.

Thanks.
    Millennium Dog LE is still free, at least that link works for me. The Mitsu Hair too, as part of Anime Star Fighter package.
    :-)

LUCI45--I'm seeing Millennium Dog for $3.88 (currently half-price) and Anime Star Fighter for $6.95. It's neither here nor there, of course, because it doesn't affect your entry, but if you DO know how to get them free, someone reading the thread might appreciate it.

I'm sorry. I didn't know that those are free to PC members apparently. I logged out and looked and they were the prices you said... :red:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Free to PC members or when you buy something else, as they are still in the free section of the store

I quote

FREE with purchase
    of any other product from the store.

So yes they are freebies.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Free to PC members or when you buy something else, as they are still in the free section of the store

I quote

FREE with purchase
    of any other product from the store.

So yes they are freebies.

Actually, by definition free means you don't spend money to get it. IF you're not in the PC, you have to spend money to get it. They are thus bonus items, not freebies. (unless you are in the PC)

Kind of reminds me of a promotion I saw on a cereal box once for a contest.

"No purchase necessary. See details inside." %-P

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I do know what I am saying and what I am saying is that DAZ Freebies are indeed counted as freebies. The limited time freebies, ie the weekly freebies, are counted as freebies for the entire month in which they are free and the long term freebies are counted as freebies. They are not bonus items, they are free items, and that is the DAZ 3D definition.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Holy cow Dana! You sure are living dangerously! Poking fun at the rules

Thank you Luci45. I think I remember you saying you are from this part of the country!

LG Thanks. Spooky. I live in a town that is just a little over 1 mile square, right in the Phoenix metro area. We know a lot of the people that live within that square mile. We meet and greet each other as if we were in a small town but when we go beyond the boundaries things are very different. Kind of like a Twilight Zone episode.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Holy cow Dana! You sure are living dangerously! Poking fun at the rules

I wasn't poking fun at the rules. Just pointing out another way the English language is being murdered...or twisted.

By the way, I think there's a free 60" 3D WiFi HDTV at Sears. You just have to buy the remote...it's $1,995.00 :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Anyone who has been around will know who this is and why the poor fellow looks so glum.

Well, I THOUGHT I'd "been around", but I have no idea who that guy is. Clue me in.

Tiny Tim all growed up?

Winner of this season's "Survivor"?

Mitt Romney spotted shopping at WalMart? (Remember when Al Gore grew that massive beard after losing to Bush?)

Still waiting for that clue myself!

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay folks but RL called today. Now, about that crappy render. It was one of my first attempts at a Normal person with DS. I picked a subject I knew pretty well. He is a 100% disabled person that suffer's from two health issues in his life. One is crippling Arthritis and the other is Kidney failure requiring him to take Dialysis treatments on a regular schedule. In this render he has just had a treatment and the face shows how a person feels after the effects of it is felt. That might be enough for long time Forum readers to figure it out, they are pretty open about their health in many of their past posts.

Still at a loss? His avatar is a drow.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

Jaderail said:
    Tis the 11th and only a hand full of folks want my money so far. Bummer. Please tell me you folks have all these as yet un-seen renders a cooking, ideas a popping, and Normal folks all set to post very soon.

I'm working on one... but the item search is going poorly this time around. (Found what I thought was a good freebie hat over at TurboSquid, only to discover that the OBJ was saved with the ground plane and designed without decent material zones... >:( Maybe I'll just ditch the hat altogether.)

I'm also prepping to host next month, which also isn't going as well as I'd hoped. (Nobody who I've yet approached for prizes has returned my PMs, for one thing...)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Well, a NAE while I get other stuff straightened out. Only one freebie in it, !Tyrese! for m4 and even there were more, it was entered elsewhere for a similar theme of real people.

BARE KNUCKLE SMILE

ObiBig.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 75K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sorry for the delay folks but RL called today. Now, about that crappy render. It was one of my first attempts at a Normal person with DS. I picked a subject I knew pretty well. He is a 100% disabled person that suffer's from two health issues in his life. One is crippling Arthritis and the other is Kidney failure requiring him to take Dialysis treatments on a regular schedule. In this render he has just had a treatment and the face shows how a person feels after the effects of it is felt. That might be enough for long time Forum readers to figure it out, they are pretty open about their health in many of their past posts.

Hey, I know that guy. Isn't he the crazy one that puts up with individuals that mess with the rules? (Juuust kidding, Dana ;-) )

Dang sorry Jade that you have such trials and troubles. I admire someone who still makes a go of it with such a huge set of issues to face.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ... one of my first attempts at a Normal person with DS. I picked a subject I knew pretty well. He is a 100% disabled person that suffer's from two health issues in his life. One is crippling Arthritis and the other is Kidney failure requiring him to take Dialysis treatments on a regular schedule. In this render he has just had a treatment and the face shows how a person feels after the effects of it is felt. That might be enough for long time Forum readers to figure it out, they are pretty open about their health in many of their past posts.

I'm afraid the forum member's identity isn't familiar to me (probably because I rarely wander beyond the Freepoz), but given the context, it's a wonderful portrait, Jade. Eerily "real" as a depiction of suffering. Thanks very much for that.

Jeffero2crop.jpg
    309 x 367 - 30K
    edited December 1969

LUCI45, CHOHOLE and DANA -- Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I'd been apprised that we can now add "DAZ free" to our lexicon along with "DAZ soon". Rather than be baffled or miffed, I prefer to take delight in visiting a parallel universe, our own little Wonderland. :coolsmile:

BannerApril.jpg
    487 x 86 - 57K
    edited December 1969

ZAMUELNOW--This is FANTASTIC! If you can get that kind of characterisation (and that good a facial expression) into an entry, it would be (pardon the pun) a real knock-out!

ObiBigcrop.jpg
    483 x 465 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Hey, I know that guy. Isn't he the crazy one that puts up with individuals that mess with the rules? (Juuust kidding, Dana ;-) )

Dang sorry Jade that you have such trials and troubles. I admire someone who still makes a go of it with such a huge set of issues to face.

What does not kill you makes you stronger, somebody said once. I may not have perfect health but I understand many things now that I never did before this. So I do believe I am stronger in my ways.
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid the forum member's identity isn't familiar to me (probably because I rarely wander beyond the Freepoz), but given the context, it's a wonderful portrait, Jade. Eerily "real" as a depiction of suffering. Thanks very much for that.
    Thank you, and that said. I'm off to go get that look on my face again. Today is on the schedule.
    edited December 1969

Oh, sorry -- you're talking about YOU!

I was going to look up what a "drow" is but didn't. Shows how out of the culture loop I am.

I hope today's treatment isn't near as bad as usual or as you expect, Jade. All the best.

• edited December 1969

Enjoy your day, peoples! I've been up all night cleaning and cooking spaghetti bake for a friend at work who managed to get his hand caught in his lathe. Poor guy can't cook to save his life, so some of us made him easy suppers and we're taking him out to dinner tonight. Good thing our whole group loves steak! Toodles!

edited December 1969

We'll be expecting a share of the leftovers. Otherwise you'll be having pie for dessert. Lots of pies.

edited December 1969

Agnes mentioned earlier that she had something interesting to tell us about Pope Francis the New ...

"Oh, yah, Louie an' me has known him fa a long time! It all stahted when Louie posted his own rendition uh 'Don' Youse Cries fuh Me Ahgentina' on YouseTube and got a poisonal message fum da Atchbishop uh Bwainies Ahses. Dey stayed in touch 'n' Louie even showed 'im how ta use DAZ Studio! Frank's even a membah on da forums, but I can't tell ya which one he is, cos it's a big secret!

"An' den, who'da tunk it, da bishop wins da pope contest! Our ol' pal Frankie! He's da pope ah da whole woild now! He even got Louie ta fly ovah ta It'ly last week ta teach 'im how to make 'is rendahs look bettah, cos 'e wants ta entah da freebie challenge! Dat's why we ain't seen much a Louie lately!

"Like dey say, huh, who'da tunk it??"

AprilPope.jpg
    1280 x 885 - 209K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have the feeling that someone in this forum has to much fun :D
    But ok, just want to announce that the roller is ready, and really bad textured, so I advce some good shaders of it ( I cannot embrace the texturing, really cannot) but here it is.
    Now hosts, anytime you want it, just send me note ;) other wise I will just drop it somewhere and send out the link ;)

roller_prop.png
    1012 x 652 - 137K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    I have the feeling that someone in this forum has to much fun :D
    But ok, just want to announce that the roller is ready, and really bad textured, so I advce some good shaders of it ( I cannot embrace the texturing, really cannot) but here it is.
    Now hosts, anytime you want it, just send me note ;) other wise I will just drop it somewhere and send out the link ;)
    The only real "problem" with the texture is the orientation of the wood grain. It should run the length of the roller, not the circumference. If you rotate the grain 90° on your texture map of the main roller, it should look fine when applied to the model.
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Will check how it look tramp ;)

edited December 1969

Yeah, Krissy, get those textures fixed -- we don't accept ANY OLD ROLLIN' PINS around here, ya know!

Funny, though, my mother once ended up with a rolling pin made of a marble-like stone, same shape as usual but just one big carved (or lathed) rock, and that texture of yours isn't too far off the mark.

Of course every other rolling pin I've ever seen just had very plain, light brown wood. How hard could that be? :cheese:

BannerApril.jpg
    487 x 86 - 57K