Comments

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Jeeperz, you still owe me three cents.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now you're just making up names.

Blasphemy!
    How can you not know Thorgal Aegrisson??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorgal

Was reading the comics since I was 4 ... I reread them few years ago, and they got another dimension..
    And my nick is actually from Kriss de Valnor one of the coolest villan ever inbented ;)

edited December 1969

Oh, come on -- Wikipedia makes that stuff up too! It was probably just a dream, Krissy. You know you were named after Kris Kringle, inventor of Kringle's Potato Chips.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Where the hell is my personal favourite hero, Ganthor???

Isn't it, like, 10am in New York right now? What's he going to do, lie in bed all day Sunday? I thought we'd have a mini-contest going by now!

Oops -- he said if we hadn't heard from him by Wednesday, he'd probably be dead!

Think we should take up a collection?

Don't take up a collection on my account. I'm not awake long enough to spend it. I would like to offer my most humble apologizes to the members of this forum (and my utmost thanks to Dorsey for keeping things going) for my lack of participation this month. I should have known better that when I try to plan things they just fall apart on me. As an explanation, and mind you, not an excuse, my real world job has gone ballistic over the last few weeks forcing my department (which supplies the rest of the plant) into some serious overtime. Ten to twelve hour days, six days a week for the next several weeks if not months. It's a case of managerial mismanagement that happens frequently, but never has it been this bad. Right now, Sunday is my only day off and I'm pretty sluggish to say the least. So, for that end of it, I throw myself on the mercy of the court...

In the meantime...to Tramp Graphics: Great render and your mechanic as a swell pair of legs! All the links check out (including the one from Rendo) so it looks like you're good to go...as Dorsey pointed out...if I'd read closer. Also, insofar as I know, A3 is still available free (along with H3, M3 and V3) from a download at CNet...if I remember correctly. I don't have the link at hand but I'm sure that somebody can supply it.

Krissy: I like the rolling pin. A nice, simple little prop of almost everyday use which you don't see very often. Why is it that there's such a lack of everyday things as props? I guess nobody but me likes rendering contemporary scenes of everyday life...

ZamuelNow: I picked up that character forever ago and never did anything with him. I should bring him back out and see what he can do. Looking forward to you getting a few more freebies in that scene in order to qualify because he looks like a real person to me...strangely enough, like somebody I used to work with...who went on to bigger and better things...unlike me who got stuck...oh, never mind.

Again, sorry about my long stretches of silence. I guess we can all mark this down as a grand experiment that failed. Rest assured, I'll never try this again...not until I change jobs...

edited December 1969

HIYA LOU-- uh, I mean GANTHOR!

First off, you are absolutely correct about the Generation 3 figures being available for free elsewhere. I knew that but my memory swore up and down I didn't. Such a liar! Here's the link:
    http://download.cnet.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10579249.html

Ganthor, your absences are forgiven, but do try and stay awake on the forum for the rest of the day! (I think jeeperz is in the mood for a scuffle.)

I suppose the silver lining to your company going into overdrive is that it could be a sign of the US economy reviving, which is good news for the rest of the world, too. Except maybe for China. Oh, and Iran. Oh, and North Korea can't be too pleased.

You DO have a mini-contest coming up, right?

edited December 1969

[

Krissy: I like the rolling pin. A nice, simple little prop of almost everyday use which you don't see very often. Why is it that there's such a lack of everyday things as props? I guess nobody but me likes rendering contemporary scenes of everyday life...

Thank you :)
    That's the thing. And Rollers can be used also in other things than everyday (think fantasy kitchen, wizards workdshops)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

here is your virtual 3 cents Dorsey...
    would you like that in pies???

pennies.gif
    180 x 144 - 5K
    edited December 1969

Isn't it, like, 10am in New York right now? What's he going to do, lie in bed all day Sunday? I thought we'd have a mini-contest going by now!

Oops -- he said if we hadn't heard from him by Wednesday, he'd probably be dead!

Don't take up a collection on my account. I'm not awake long enough to spend it. I would like to offer my most humble apologizes to the members of this forum (and my utmost thanks to Dorsey for keeping things going) for my lack of participation this month. I should have known better that when I try to plan things they just fall apart on me. As an explanation, and mind you, not an excuse, my real world job has gone ballistic over the last few weeks forcing my department (which supplies the rest of the plant) into some serious overtime. Ten to twelve hour days, six days a week for the next several weeks if not months. It's a case of managerial mismanagement that happens frequently, but never has it been this bad. Right now, Sunday is my only day off and I'm pretty sluggish to say the least. So, for that end of it, I throw myself on the mercy of the court...

In the meantime...to Tramp Graphics: Great render and your mechanic as a swell pair of legs! All the links check out (including the one from Rendo) so it looks like you're good to go...as Dorsey pointed out...if I'd read closer. Also, insofar as I know, A3 is still available free (along with H3, M3 and V3) from a download at CNet...if I remember correctly. I don't have the link at hand but I'm sure that somebody can supply it.

ZamuelNow: I picked up that character forever ago and never did anything with him. I should bring him back out and see what he can do. Looking forward to you getting a few more freebies in that scene in order to qualify because he looks like a real person to me...strangely enough, like somebody I used to work with...who went on to bigger and better things...unlike me who got stuck...oh, never mind.

Again, sorry about my long stretches of silence. I guess we can all mark this down as a grand experiment that failed. Rest assured, I'll never try this again...not until I change jobs...

take care Ganthor, double shifts suck

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

I'll put the three cents toward the Lord Ganthor Memorial Fund just in case he doesn't last the month.

Meanwhile, can you lob some pies over Music's fence and see if you get his attention?

BannerApril.jpg
    487 x 86 - 57K
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

I'll put the three cents toward the Lord Ganthor Memorial Fund just in case he doesn't last the month.

Meanwhile, can you lob some pies over Music's fence and see if you get his attention?

Happy to, MUSIC!!!!!!!!! Are you feeling up to a pie in the face yet???????

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If he's Lou, does than make you Bud?

(prepares to make a list of who gets the reference)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

It's already won second place in another contest and it's got too many paid items already to be entered into this. Still, the compliment is appreciated. I think I've figured out what I'll be doing for this contest but I still have a lot of reorganizing to do.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Who gets the reference?

Who.

Who?

WHO gets the reference!

That's what I'm asking YOU -- WHO gets the reference???

I'm tryna TELL YA, WHO!!!

edited December 1969

Additional help with the question ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I'm old enough to know the answer, but I ain't telling.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

That depends on one thing...who's on first? :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

WHO!!!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

I don't know!

Dana

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

No, that's the name of the guy on third.

edited December 1969

What's On second

edited December 1969

But where is why... I don't know

edited December 1969

As soon as we're done with First, we'll get to Second -- a mass pie raid on Music's house.

edited December 1969

Far to much talk, to little renders :P

edited December 1969

Krissy's got her eye on a moderator's job.

BUT SHE'S RIGHT!

NOW BACK TO WORK!!

• edited December 1969

I would ask if you work where I do, but our OT finally died off for the time being.

edited April 2013

Krissy said:
    Far to much talk, to little renders :P

BUT SHE'S RIGHT!

NOW BACK TO WORK!!

So we all gotta do big renders now, not little ones ?

but they take longer to render big.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

NAE cos not enough freebies, but it is a real person. It's me, keeping the hamsters in order, to keep the website running

hamster_wheel_1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Ah, suspicions confirmed about the DAZ website, but can't they at least afford more hamsters? We need more power, Scotty! -- I mean Chohole!

Bit relieved, though, cause at first I presumed the hamsters were supposed to be us you were keeping in order.

edited December 1969

BUT SHE'S RIGHT!

NOW BACK TO WORK!!

Oh no.. no moderator job... no sir. It would interupt my rendering/moaning about my renders lol

Chohole, nice render!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

(prepares to make a list of who gets the reference)check.