Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics Engine

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Thanks Doc, got it :) I'll try dforce again in the morning and see how I go.  

jakiblue said:

how do you roll back a driver? I d/l and install via the geforce thingy - is the one before 388 available on the site perhaps? 

jakiblue said:

Loaded up Victoria 7. Loaded the Boho skirt and top. Selected the top and added "dforce modifier: dynamic surface". Did the same with the skirt. 

Posed V7 and then hit "simulate". 

Immediate crash of DS, along with message that driver had stopped worked etc etc. 

So did I do something wrong, or something else happen?

edit: i updated to latest driver tonight. this is error message i get when DS crashes. 

People were reporting that 388 wasn't working at all - you might try rolling back (to 387?). I think someone did have the Boho top working - indeed, I think I used it in the beta.

Grab the one you want from this page

jakiblue said:

how do you roll back a driver? I d/l and install via the geforce thingy - is the one before 388 available on the site perhaps? 

jakiblue said:

Loaded up Victoria 7. Loaded the Boho skirt and top. Selected the top and added "dforce modifier: dynamic surface". Did the same with the skirt. 

Immediate crash of DS, along with message that driver had stopped worked etc etc. 

edit: i updated to latest driver tonight. this is error message i get when DS crashes. 

People were reporting that 388 wasn't working at all - you might try rolling back (to 387?). I think someone did have the Boho top working - indeed, I think I used it in the beta.

Grab the one you want from this page

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305

Thanks a lot, beachlegs and DestinysGarden.

dForce provides a lot of fun with simulations.

• Is there a tutorial out there for getting Poser dynamic outfits to work in dForce?  I can get the items be affected by the simulation, but they never move from the original T-pose position and follow the figure in the animated timeline.  I've tried blindly playing with a bunch of different things like converting to a figure, etc., but with no success.  I'm not familiar with rigging in Studio, so that is probably where I'm failing.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited October 2017

What I do is load the clothing as an .obj, then use the transfer tool to make a quick conformer without painting any weight maps or anything or even using any settings other than the default in the transfer utility. That way, everything follows and autofollows too :). If you don't want to do all that, you can just parent it in place I believe.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017

When I used a Poser dynamic dressI just sort of manipulated it into position and then parented it to the figure - which was ok as it was a sleeveless dress.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • Morana said:

Is there a tutorial out there for getting Poser dynamic outfits to work in dForce?  I can get the items be affected by the simulation, but they never move from the original T-pose position and follow the figure in the animated timeline.  I've tried blindly playing with a bunch of different things like converting to a figure, etc., but with no success.  I'm not familiar with rigging in Studio, so that is probably where I'm failing.

What does happen if they don't follow the figure but are affected?

• i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but 80% of what I try explodes durring simulation after a few seconds. I figured it was old items, so i bough the dforce ruffle dress this morning and after a few frames, it also explodes... this is very frustrating.

Im on a mac, the scene is empty and i'm on the latest version of OSX with the latest drivers..

Now i don't even find the ruffle dress in the store.... is it broken?

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 11.18.43 AM.jpg
    1550 x 1072 - 132K
  • beachlegsbeachlegs Posts: 483

Before and After I am liking it so far 

Before and After.jpg
    1717 x 1241 - 179K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    BeeMKay said:

You bash the existing clothes with the "Add dForce Modifier", and that will make them dForce compliant.

How do I do that? I can't find an "Add dForce Modifier".

BeeMKay said:

You bash the existing clothes with the "Add dForce Modifier", and that will make them dForce compliant.

How do I do that? I can't find an "Add dForce Modifier".

Edit: Never Mind. I found it. But now DS crashed when I tried to run the simulation. Much to learn.

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 224
    edited October 2017

Trying dForce with Stephanie 6 character using the G3 hospital gown and it stops after a few seconds.  The log file shows, "ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)."  CPU is an AMD FX-8150 and GPU is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.  Thank you. 

Post edited by SiennaBlue on
  • i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but 80% of what I try explodes durring simulation after a few seconds. I figured it was old items, so i bough the dforce ruffle dress this morning and after a few frames, it also explodes... this is very frustrating.

Im on a mac, the scene is empty and i'm on the latest version of OSX with the latest drivers..

The issues you found are, I believe, being looked into - and presumably the item has been taken down while that is done.

Try adjusting the damping on the two of the dress' surfaces (go to the Surfaces pane's Editor tab, click to expand the dress in the list on the right, and select Trim Skirt and Lace Bottom, then alt-click (opt-click for a Mac) on the Damping slider to reset its value (you can use the text box at the top of the pane as a filter to make finding the slider easier)..

edited October 2017
    jakiblue said:

I'm about to give up. I rolled my GTX 970 driver back to 387 and I still keep getting crashes like that using Victoria 7 with Belle Dress and  add dynamic surface modifier applied to the dress.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • jakiblue said:

I'm about to give up. I rolled my GTX 970 driver back to 387 and I still keep getting crashes like that using Victoria 7 with Belle Dress and  add dynamic surface modifier applied to the dress.

The Belle Dress is quite an intricate item of clothing. It is being redone by the PA.

jakiblue said:

Edit: Also the same with BoHo Dress. Grrr!!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305
    jakiblue said:

Aave Nainen has just put a dForce preset up at ShareCG for the Boho Dress: https://www.sharecg.com/v/89681/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/dForce_Boho-for-Genesis-3-Female

I haven't tried it yet so not sure whether it will help you at all. I also have guaranteed crashes with the Belle Dress - pleased to hear there may be a fix on the way.

• jakiblue said:

Do you have the PA's sceen file from ShareCG with dForce settings for the BoHo Dress?

• AtanaciusAtanacius Posts: 333
    L'Adair said:
    Atanacius said:

So finally dForce is the Physics Engine ion in our beloved DAZ Studio.

But.. Since all old contents (Genesis all series) and ... can we speak about V4 series ? ^^ Will not work with the power of dForce..
    It has then a certain "Wooohooo" effect that disappear.

What is the point to have dForce useable only with new products where olders will never got any dForce capability ?
    I mean.. This is the technology that may cost an arm to the end user by purchasing more and more new products!

No?

I'm working on using a V4 clothing item right now. The problem it does have has nothing to do with dForce, which is working on it just fine.

Hello, I'm not sure to well understand what you said...
    It works on your existing content, even if it has no properties dForce enabled (did you made any changes yourself to your V4 clothing for making it compatable ?) ?
    OR..
    DAZ Studio 4.10 can recognize automatically how the meshe is, so, can adapt automatically withing dForce panel settings the "right properties" and addins to making it working on your V4 existing clothing ?

Thanks for answers..

• RadioactiveLilyRadioactiveLily Posts: 353
    edited October 2017
    Morana said:

Is there a tutorial out there for getting Poser dynamic outfits to work in dForce?  I can get the items be affected by the simulation, but they never move from the original T-pose position and follow the figure in the animated timeline.  I've tried blindly playing with a bunch of different things like converting to a figure, etc., but with no success.  I'm not familiar with rigging in Studio, so that is probably where I'm failing.

What does happen if they don't follow the figure but are affected?

It almost looks like it's hanging from an invisible broomstick that goes through the sleeves.  It never moves from the T, but the fabric has a realistic drape and weight as it hangs.

ETA: That was in the beta, I haven't tried the live version yet because I'm still at work. :)

Post edited by RadioactiveLily on
  • Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    jakiblue said:

I have sent an update for the Genesis 3 Female version of Belle dress to PC, hopefully it will be updated quickly.  Whether or not PC chooses to provide dForce settings for it is up to them.

Please grab the scene file on Sharecg that I uploaded this morning and grab the dForce settings for Boho dress from it.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892
    edited October 2017

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but 80% of what I try explodes durring simulation after a few seconds. I figured it was old items, so i bough the dforce ruffle dress this morning and after a few frames, it also explodes... this is very frustrating.

Make sure you untick the box that says Hide items I own - the dress is still in the store. :)
    Are you able to run a simulation on the Bardot outfit that's in dForce Essentials or do you get an explosion with that too?

Post edited by Mada on
  • AllenArt said:

What I do is load the clothing as an .obj, then use the transfer tool to make a quick conformer without painting any weight maps or anything or even using any settings other than the default in the transfer utility. That way, everything follows and autofollows too :). If you don't want to do all that, you can just parent it in place I believe.

Laurie

Thanks for that!  Looks like the core of my problem was trying to use V4 content on V4... lol

how do I remove a saved preset that has been deleted from showing in my list of presets?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Atanacius said:
    L'Adair said:
    Atanacius said:

So finally dForce is the Physics Engine ion in our beloved DAZ Studio.

But.. Since all old contents (Genesis all series) and ... can we speak about V4 series ? ^^ Will not work with the power of dForce..
    It has then a certain "Wooohooo" effect that disappear.

What is the point to have dForce useable only with new products where olders will never got any dForce capability ?
    I mean.. This is the technology that may cost an arm to the end user by purchasing more and more new products!

No?

I'm working on using a V4 clothing item right now. The problem it does have has nothing to do with dForce, which is working on it just fine.

Hello, I'm not sure to well understand what you said...
    It works on your existing content, even if it has no properties dForce enabled (did you made any changes yourself to your V4 clothing for making it compatable ?) ?
    OR..
    DAZ Studio 4.10 can recognize automatically how the meshe is, so, can adapt automatically withing dForce panel settings the "right properties" and addins to making it working on your V4 existing clothing ?

Thanks for answers..

For non-dForce compliant clothing, you can apply a dForce Modifier. The easiest way I've found, so far, is to select the item in the Scene tab, click on the Scene tab Menu icon, scroll down to and click on Edit, scroll down to and click on Geometry, scroll down to and click on Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface. This will add the dForce options to the surfaces of the item.

Some older clothing will work fine. Some older clothing won't. If the simulation "explodes," something was intersecting the mesh. Many of the older clothing items have things that actually intersect the mesh, like buttons or trims. Also make sure your figure isn't intersecting the mesh with her pose.

To use the V4 Wizard Robe, I exported as a Wavefront OBJ, with DAZ Studio (1 unit = 1cm) selected, and then imported it back in. I used the Transfer Utility to apply the G3F rigging to the clothing item, then fit the robe to G3F. Then I applied the modifier and simulated. (That's the outline of what I did.)

Daz Studio needs to be told what to do with the fabric. It is not automatic.

I hope this helps.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Morana said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Thanks for that!  Looks like the core of my problem was trying to use V4 content on V4... lol

I was trying that last night. Apparently dForce requires rigging other than that used on the V4. I think it's easiest, whether the clothing is for Poser or Daz Studio, to use an OBJ and go from there. (Export the DS V4 item as a Wavefront object and then import. No clue about Poser!)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    L'Adair said:
    Morana said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I was trying that last night. Apparently dForce requires rigging other than that used on the V4. I think it's easiest, whether the clothing is for Poser or Daz Studio, to use an OBJ and go from there. (Export the DS V4 item as a Wavefront object and then import. No clue about Poser!)

I wonder... would converting both V4 and the V4 clothing to Triax rigging first work...  I'd test it, but I don't think I have V4 installed at the moment.

edited October 2017

Aave Nainen said:

I have sent an update for the Genesis 3 Female version of Belle dress to PC, hopefully it will be updated quickly.  Whether or not PC chooses to provide dForce settings for it is up to them.

Please grab the scene file on Sharecg that I uploaded this morning and grab the dForce settings for Boho dress from it.

Thanks I did grab the scene file for Boho Dress from shareCG applied a pose and as long as i worked in that scene file it didn't crash.

Then I tried saving it as a simulation preset and reopened DS. I Ioaded a Boho Dress on Genesis 3; applied 'Add dforce modifier: Dynamic surface"  Applied the pose to Gensis 3 and using  the saved Boho dress preset ran a simulation. The simulation started but crashed part way through. I'm begining to get very frustrated.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

I was able to simulate once before getting error to see log file message. At the bottom of the error is says Memory Allocation Error. I have Nvidia Geforce 1060 3gb.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

An observation as I play with some older V4 dynamic freebies is to try them first with the "bedroom floor" test - that is, I run them through a current frame simulation without trying to fit them on anyone.  If it explodes, then there's a collision in the garment itself.  If it doesn't, it should work - provided my system doesn't crash.  I'm 85% certain that the crashes are due to some sort of memory leak, becuase they tend to happen after running a few simulations without restarting DS.