July Freebie Contest - Summer Gardens

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    mmalbert said:

Wish I could find the link to the log house. I'm pretty sure I didn't download it all that long ago.

Here is the link mmalbert for your log house:

http://www.runtimedna.com/newsletter/2012_09_14/index.html

Ermm....not there! That's an index page.
    Scroll down on the left. The weekly freebie.

Yea what Vaskania said!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Ok, This is my second attempt on this render. Not use to doing the lighting in DS, so that was a challenge for me!

Summer Sanctuary

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=82384_O9kCgzt0JUFGur6b5HCb&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice. Convincing evening scene.

Dana

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Ok, This is my second attempt on this render. Not use to doing the lighting in DS, so that was a challenge for me!

Summer Sanctuary

Lovely garden. I want to go sit in one of those chairs and take in the beautiful evening.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    music2u4u said:
    Dollygirl said:
    mmalbert said:

Wish I could find the link to the log house. I'm pretty sure I didn't download it all that long ago.

Ermm....not there! That's an index page.
    Scroll down on the left. The weekly freebie.

AAAAA HAAAAA! Thanks!

:-)

edited December 1969

Summer Sanctuary

Thanks to all the following artist for their generosity
    1. Doggod Wrought Iron Bench
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70611
    2. Diane’s Birdhouse (In tree on right)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/31560/view/5/3D-Model/Birdhouse-for-P6-P7
    3. Kyklades-flower pot 4 Flower pot (left bottom corner of Pergola)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/8214/gallery/11/Poser/Kyklades-flower-pot-4
    4. Maria’s Fairyworld pond (left of Pergola)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/7186/3d-model/Pond-with-4-plants
    5. Maria’s Hanging pot with roses (Hanging on right side of Pergola)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3827/3d-model/Hanging-pot-with-roses-(poser-prop)
    6. Andi3d Angel of Mercy Statue
    http://www.mortemvetus.com/galleries.php?action=view&image_id=90&page=1
    7. Pergola Paradise by Sams3d
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65018
    8. Jakarandabäume (Purple Tree)
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70887
    9 & 10. Elleque’s Asian Luxuries Rattan Table Asian Luxuries Rattan Chair
    Rattan Table http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68883
    Rattan Chair http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68875
    Flower pot with fern
    http://mystic-nights.com/freebies/details.php?image_id=306&mode=search
    Wagon
    http://www3.telus.net/pem/download.htm
    Old Well
    http://www.teknology3d.com/market/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=300&sort=p.model&order=DESC
    Flower shrubs
    http://www.runtimedna.com/newsletter/2013_03_08/index.html
    Purchased
    1. A Curious Passage (Hither Thither)
    2. Lisa’s Botanicals Mighty Oak
    3. MPCycwild Background

WOW!....I love this. What a very realistic nightime scene. Nights are hard to do, but this is nice.

• J GugliuzzaJ Gugliuzza Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments, it really means a lot to me!!

edited December 1969

Summer Sanctuary

jgugliuzza,
    I agree with the comments being made. A lovely scene that pulls you into the render. For having trouble with the lighting you seem to be well on the way to mastering it. Nicely done. You have addressed the empty spot and your list issues.

ENTRY IS ACCEPTED. Expect a PM from me with your necklace and one from Music.

Thanks for entering and taking up the challenge.

Image5.jpg
    1051 x 723 - 717K
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    mmalbert said:

Thank you for this! I can't believe I overlooked it while I was searching for all the flower and bush newsletter freebies...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Summer Sanctuary

jgugliuzza,
    I agree with the comments being made. A lovely scene that pulls you into the render. For having trouble with the lighting you seem to be well on the way to mastering it. Nicely done. You have addressed the empty spot and your list issues.

ENTRY IS ACCEPTED. Expect a PM from me with your necklace and one from Music.

Thanks for entering and taking up the challenge.

Much thanks Dollygirl!!

edited December 1969

Your welcome mmalbert and jgugliuzza

edited December 1969

uhem....uh yes, you're welcome jgugliuzza!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Sorry, I didn't get your email until after I posted my thank you, So sorry, I don't want to slight anyone. Thank you! for the pool, I know I will use it!!

edited December 1969

I guess everyone is in their garden enjoying the day. Just got done feeding the orphan mourning dove that my husband found. I am so not a good caretaker. It looks to be about 4 days old. So tiny.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Sorry, I didn't get your email until after I posted my thank you, So sorry, I don't want to slight anyone. Thank you! for the pool, I know I will use it!!

lol...you're welcome. Would love to see what you do with it.

edited December 1969

Huge thunder and lightning storm here last night. Lost power around 10:00 PM. so we just went to bed. Woke up at midnight and power still out. Lightning was just flashing in the windows like crazy. The air conditioning was out so the temp had risen to about 90 degrees in our bedroom. I woke up sweating and laying in absolute pitch blackness. Kept hearing what sounded like our bedroom closet door sliding open real slow. Reached over to my bedside table to get the flashlight I put there just before we went to bed and it was gone. My wife had gotten it earlier. So, I got up and felt my way over to her side of the bed and found it on her end table. Turned it on and went down the long hallway and into the kitchen. It was dead quiet except for the pouring rain I could hear on the roof. Went to the mudroom off the kitchen and opened the carport door where my shepards were. I lit up a cigerette in the doorway and turned off the flashlight to save the batteries. I stood there looking out into the pitch black darkness and smoked my cigerette. When I finished it, I have a big green ashtray that sits on the counter by the carport door, so I trurned on the flashlight to see it to put my cigerette out. When I flashed the light on, there was a huge mouse sitting in the middle of the ashtray just looking up at me. He jumped up and took off, and it startled me even more...lol. I knew then I surely would not be able to go back to sleep. Just then, the power came back on, and all the house sounds came back. A/C, appliances, etc. So I went into my cave room and was going to come here, and my monitor was off. The lightning has caused many power glitches and one of them took my monitor out! Luckily I had bought a spare one and stored it in my closed, so I had to go dig it out, hook it up, and so....now here I am....dog tired, and have to face another day all sleepy. RATS!

Anyway...it was quite an ordeal last night in the darkness. I don't know how folks used to live without power. You can hear a pin drop in the quiet and the tempature is just way too hot! OK...just had to get that all off my chest...lol.

edited December 1969

Don't you mean MICES!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2013

music2u4u said:
    Huge thunder and lightning storm here last night. Lost power around 10:00 PM. so we just went to bed. Woke up at midnight and power still out. Lightning was just flashing in the windows like crazy. The air conditioning was out so the temp had risen to about 90 degrees in our bedroom. I woke up sweating and laying in absolute pitch blackness. Kept hearing what sounded like our bedroom closet door sliding open real slow. Reached over to my bedside table to get the flashlight I put there just before we went to bed and it was gone. My wife had gotten it earlier. So, I got up and felt my way over to her side of the bed and found it on her end table. Turned it on and went down the long hallway and into the kitchen. It was dead quiet except for the pouring rain I could hear on the roof. Went to the mudroom off the kitchen and opened the carport door where my shepards were. I lit up a cigerette in the doorway and turned off the flashlight to save the batteries. I stood there looking out into the pitch black darkness and smoked my cigerette. When I finished it, I have a big green ashtray that sits on the counter by the carport door, so I trurned on the flashlight to see it to put my cigerette out. When I flashed the light on, there was a huge mouse sitting in the middle of the ashtray just looking up at me. He jumped up and took off, and it startled me even more...lol. I knew then I surely would not be able to go back to sleep. Just then, the power came back on, and all the house sounds came back. A/C, appliances, etc. So I went into my cave room and was going to come here, and my monitor was off. The lightning has caused many power glitches and one of them took my monitor out! Luckily I had bought a spare one and stored it in my closed, so I had to go dig it out, hook it up, and so....now here I am....dog tired, and have to face another day all sleepy. RATS!

Anyway...it was quite an ordeal last night in the darkness. I don't know how folks used to live without power. You can hear a pin drop in the quiet and the tempature is just way too hot! OK...just had to get that all off my chest...lol.

ok music, no more brownies for you before bedtime..... CREAKY SLIDING DOORS... DEAD BATTERIES.... GIANT MICE IN THE ASHTRAY (did the mouse say "feed your head" and was he white too?) ... You should not smoke before bedtime or is that while you were sleeping. Did ya see any pink elephants too??? LOL I bet that was one interesting evening you had last night. watch out for that nasty lightning.

Post edited by jeeperz on
    edited December 1969

Glad that giant mouse didn't get you, Music! :D

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Just finished watching "Life of Pi", so I'm totally up for stories about storms and animals being in places where they shouldn't be.

And, NO, guys, that was NOT a cue for a pie fight!

Uh-oh ...

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Just finished watching "Life of Pi", so I'm totally up for stories about storms and animals being in places where they shouldn't be.

Uh-oh ...

(puts blueberry pie back on shelf)
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Uh-oh ...

Good thing...the stains from that one would not come out.

Dana

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Uh-oh ...

did someone say "PI FIGHT"???????

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Uh-oh ...

did someone say “PI FIGHT”???????
    Leaves only 14.15926535897932384626433832795028841971...% of blueberry pie, and goes in search of napkins.
    edited July 2013

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

ok music, no more brownies for you before bedtime..... CREAKY SLIDING DOORS... DEAD BATTERIES.... GIANT MICE IN THE ASHTRAY (did the mouse say "feed your head" and was he white too?) ... You should not smoke before bedtime or is that while you were sleeping. Did ya see any pink elephants too??? LOL I bet that was one interesting evening you had last night. watch out for that nasty lightning.

My wife said it was ALL a dream...lol. (But I know the truth...it was a heylucynation!)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Uh-oh ...

did someone say "PI FIGHT"???????

JEEPERZ?....PI FIGHT?.....

RUN!

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Uh-oh ...

Leaves only 14.15926535897932384626433832795028841971...% of blueberry pie, and goes in search of napkins.

** Sneeks in....swipes 14.15926535897932384626433832795028841970% and runs!**

That still leaves .00000000000000000000000000000000000001%....You think he will notice the rest missing?

edited July 2013

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

Well....watching the news this morning...they say it is going to rain tonight....oh no...here we go again!

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:

Uh-oh ...

** Sneeks in....swipes 14.15926535897932384626433832795028841970% and runs!**

That still leaves .00000000000000000000000000000000000001%....You think he will notice the rest missing?

Hey! What happened to my breakfast?

edited December 1969

Yumm! I like pie for breakfast.

edited December 1969

Happy Birthday, Afrodite-Ohki!

Dana