July Freebie Contest - Summer Gardens

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited July 2013

Things are getting too quite around here...

The Terrible Garden

1.) Kiko Skin Texture.

2.) Slender Build Morph for Genesis 1 Registration Required.

3.) Sickle Snug Tank Genesis Registration Required.

4.) Shirt Set for V4/A4 2nd Row, 2nd Item.

5.) V4 / A4 / G4 Stockings 1st Row, 1st Item.

6.) Genesis Cuffed Ankle Boots Registration Required.

7.) Koz Messy Hair

8.) Texture for Koz Messy Hair Click on Freestuff on Right, Go To Hair Texture at Top, Count Down Ten from the Top, Download on Far Right.

9.) Pumpkin Prop Registration Required.

10.) Dead Grass Registration Required.

11.) 7 Laines Pack 3rd Row, 3rd Item.

12.) Corner Runi Bottom of Page, 2nd Item.

Figure: Genesis. Skeletons: M3/V3 Skeletons (Paid For).

Not one of my better ones, but it was an idea that was just going to stick in my head until I got it out.

THE_TERRIBLE_GARDEN.jpg
    425 x 700 - 172K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2013

I was about to throw ghastlycomic's Meaty Meaty Meat Pie at somebody... but this is much better.

Technical:

Link #2 is rather odd - http:httphttp isn't a live site - but I knew enough to be able to find the ShareCG link in the string.

Link #5 redirects to http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm (and the freebie's at the top of that page). Not an issue, but the direct link doesn't require registration.

You've definitely got the "plants" part of the "plants and flowers" requirement covered... I'll let our host decide whether that's enough.

Composition and Artistic:

Who am I kidding here - I have nothing to teach you... :)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

That's beautiful and eerie, Lord Ganthor. Love it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Actually excellent and terrible...at the same time! :D It can't be too bad, the pumpkins still grew!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Actually excellent and terrible...at the same time! :D It can't be too bad, the pumpkins still grew!

You haven't seen what's inside the pumpkins. Don't go to sleep...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    DanaTA said:

You haven't seen what's inside the pumpkins. Don't go to sleep...

Yeah, don't make pies out of these. Sorry 'bout the bad links. They've been corrected in my original post. Too many cuts and pastes will screw those things up. Note to self: check all your links before posting...

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

The Terrible Garden

1.) Kiko Skin Texture.

7.) Koz Messy Hair

8.) Texture for Koz Messy Hair Click on Freestuff on Right, Go To Hair Texture at Top, Count Down Ten from the Top, Download on Far Right.

Not one of my better ones, but it was an idea that was just going to stick in my head until I got it out.

Superb! I am sure your links are fine. I think Dolly will accept this...we will see.

:-)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    They're still available too, over at Renderocity. The link is in the list, and does work.

Nope still no joy. The link at Rendo sends you to a dead link at ShareCG and I went over there and looked for hoover and step and came up with nothing. So sad.I just got word back from the vendor who made the 12-Step Stairs. He's uploaded the stairs directly to Renderosity now, and the download link does work now.
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

LG sorry for taking so long. I have two projects I have been working on and I let them come before my duties here. Baby birds need to eat quite a few times a day and I just love messing with the baby to get it to exercise. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it. The other project will be paraded a little later on this thread.

So "not" one of your better ones? Oh my gosh. I think this render is great. lighting is fantastic. You've got plants. I am assuming that she is the flower from this Terrible Garden". A lovely creation.

ENTRY IS ACCEPTED. but you don't get the necklace I am afraid.

Image16.jpg
    425 x 700 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    They're still available too, over at Renderocity. The link is in the list, and does work.

Nope still no joy. The link at Rendo sends you to a dead link at ShareCG and I went over there and looked for hoover and step and came up with nothing. So sad.
    I just got word back from the vendor who made the 12-Step Stairs. He's uploaded the stairs directly to Renderosity now, and the download link does work now.

I got my stone stairs! Thanks bunches, Tramp.

edited December 1969

Here is my entry. It is based upon a snapshot of the St. Petersburg Garden. I will let the judges decide if I qualify or not and I want a critique please. I love plants and flowers and I have been wanting to do this type of render for a long time. So I was not going to miss out on something I think would be fun to render.

Title: Enjoying St Petersburg Garden
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6. Postwork to add signature only.

Freebies
    In the Garden
    1.From Renderosity:
    Bench * Garden Pack by SAMS3D.
    Vase * Attic calyx krater by 3D Strike. Holding the trailing vines on each of the art Nuevo statues
    2. Planit3D
    Hosta Poser House Plants volume 01 by Black Mamba Media. Around Roses
    3. From Runtime DNA
    Shrubs * Spring Shrubs by Traveler. Right side. Behind the shurbs and statues
    4. From ShareCG
    Shurbs * Bushes by Yughues. Bush behind the shrubs on the left side of the picture.
    Trash can * New Graffiti Wall by Rick Bridenbaker.
    5. From Archive3d
    Fountain Fountain 3D Model by Julio Olavi.
    Roses Roses 3D Model by David Barrett.
    Shrubs Bush 3D Model Camelback by Nestor. Lining the walkway
    Shrubs Bush 3D Model 30 degrees by Nestor. Surounding the fountain
    Statues Scuplture 3D Model - Hippocrates by Calatrava Santiago.
    Statues Venus 3D Model by Garnier Tony. Venus She is to the left of David
    Statues Statuette 3D Model - Mercury by Eric Johnson. Mercury. They are at the entrance to the fountain. You only see bits of them.
    Statues Statuett 3D Model - David by Eric Johnson. David Directly behind the fountain
    Statues Sculpture 3D Model by Oleg Temonov. Art Nuevo Statues lining the walkway
    Vines Flowers 3D Model by Ann Grey. In Vases on Art Nuevo Statues
    Trash Rubbish 1 by Tim Yoon. Inside the trash can
    5a. From Artist-3D
    Statues Roman mythology Cupid Statue Model by Unknown. He is to the right of David and can not be seen so no count.

6. From xfrog
    Trees Italian Maple by xFrog.
    Trees * European Beech by xfrog.

Visitors

7. Boy: Shirt Pants and Hat * Dragon Scout Outfit for Genesis by byudragonbreath.
    8. From Wilmap
    Boy: Shoes * Genesis NA Indian Outfit by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Dress * Genesis Gathered Dress by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Dress * Genesis Knitted Cowl Dress by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Hat * Genesis Gardening Items by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Shoes * Genesis Low Heeled Shoes by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Shoes * Genesis Buttoned Heeled Shoes by Wilmap.
    Man: Pants * Genesis Jeans by Wilmap.
    Man: shirt * Genesis T-Shirts by Wilmap.
    9. Man: Shoes * Sensible Shoes 2.0 GENESIS by Varsel.
    10. Man: Hair * Soto's Flat Top for Genesis by Hellyboy.
    11. Sky and lights * Sky dome by glaseye. Lights are here. Expansion 5 is here.

No Count
    Ladies: Hair * Duke Hair by DAZ 3D SWAM goldtassel. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    PoseRay by flyerx. Used to convert .3ds files to obj files

Paid for
    Ground * A Curious Passage by DAZ 3D Jack Tomalin.
    Ground * Hither and Thither by Moyra.

Thanks guys for taking the time to work on this entry. Don't worry if you decide not to accept the entry but do worry if I don't get my critique. (Insert mean face here)! I always want feedback.

StPetersburgGarden-daz.jpg
    800 x 566 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Here is my entry. It is based upon a snapshot of the St. Petersburg Garden. I will let the judges decide if I qualify or not and I want a critique please. I love plants and flowers and I have been wanting to do this type of render for a long time. So I was not going to miss out on something I think would be fun to render.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=83693_11Edv6Iiyq6h48CySXvb&thumb=1&board_id=1

This is excellent! From the roses that lead the eye in, to the shadows from the canopy of trees, to the fountain in the back. It could be a postcard. Come visit St. Petersburg Garden, for a breath of fresh air!

Well done!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Dollygirl said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=83693_11Edv6Iiyq6h48CySXvb&thumb=1&board_id=1

This is excellent! From the roses that lead the eye in, to the shadows from the canopy of trees, to the fountain in the back. It could be a postcard. Come visit St. Petersburg Garden, for a breath of fresh air!

Well done!

Dana

Thanks Dana!

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

So wonderful! The view captures the artistic symmetry of the walkway and the natural beauty of the foliage and the light. It's all just arranged so well, and the poses are lovely. Another place I want to walk right into. And the roses, mmmmmm.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Allow me to critique the mother of baby birds ...

TECHNICAL
    Buncha trees. Done.

ARTISTIC
    1. It's impossibly far-fetched that St Petersburg, Russia, would have statues of Greek gods lining the path when everybody knows there's nothing but statues of Lenin there.

2. Unless these are supposed to be statues of St Peter, in which case, never mind.

3. You need a babushka sitting on the bench at the left, maybe eating some borscht.

4. You forgot to texture the snakes climbing up the trees on the left and right.

5. Can't read the signature, so that doesn't count.

6. Those roses are WAY too orange.

7. Unless they're supposed to be oranges, in which case, never mind.

8. No cigarette butts on the path, and this is supposed to be Russia???

9. Unless of course it's supposed to be St Petersburg, Florida, in which case there should be even MORE cigarette butts.

• J GugliuzzaJ Gugliuzza Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

The Terrible Garden

1.) Kiko Skin Texture.

7.) Koz Messy Hair

I like this! Not your typical garden, but I would love to walk through it!!

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Thanks guys for taking the time to work on this entry. Don't worry if you decide not to accept the entry but do worry if I don't get my critique. (Insert mean face here)! I always want feedback.

You want feedback? Okay... I'm very impressed with this one. Great theme and execution. The lighting is about as flawless as you're going to get outside of nature and you've got a very natural balance of light and dark with the way the sunlight is casting shadows from the leaves. The people are very relaxed and natural looking and lack that posed look that kills so many renders. I only have 2 very minor gripes. One: the lack of a bark texture (or the whiteness of the existing texture) on the trees. Yeah, I know...there are "white" trees in real life and even then they look unreal and creepy to me. But even those trees have a few blemishes, marks and scars to them. It's a bit distracting, but does not really hurt the overall feel (and I emphasize the word feel here) of the picture. Two: and this is a personal observation that might be wrong, so take it for what it's worth, other than a deep background of just sky it might have worked better with something even deeper in the background. Maybe a 2D billboard of a few more trees or buildings in the haze. Rarely in real life is there an unbroken infinite plane stretching out to the horizon with nothing...unless of course you live in Kansas or something. For me, that's even spookier than the white trees. This may be a personal quirk of mine 'cause I was raised in the mountains and thought a vanishing horizon was just a myth until I moved to the mid-west. It scares me...

So, overall, I think it's an outstanding render and one that you should be justifiably proud of.

Oh...well, I got the necklace anyway...from my first render. I pawned it, remember?

edited December 1969

Cuisle said:
    Dollygirl said:

So wonderful! The view captures the artistic symmetry of the walkway and the natural beauty of the foliage and the light. It's all just arranged so well, and the poses are lovely. Another place I want to walk right into. And the roses, mmmmmm.

Thank you Cuisle.

edited December 1969

Allow me to critique the mother of baby birds ...

TECHNICAL
    Buncha trees. Done.

ARTISTIC
    1. It's impossibly far-fetched that St Petersburg, Russia, would have statues of Greek gods lining the path when everybody knows there's nothing but statues of Lenin there.

2. Unless these are supposed to be statues of St Peter, in which case, never mind.

3. You need a babushka sitting on the bench at the left, maybe eating some borscht.

4. You forgot to texture the snakes climbing up the trees on the left and right.

5. Can't read the signature, so that doesn't count.

8. No cigarette butts on the path, and this is supposed to be Russia???

9. Unless of course it's supposed to be St Petersburg, Florida, in which case there should be even MORE cigarette butts.

LOL Good thing you posted after my morning coffee. Although that would be a great way to get a new keyboard now that I think about it.

You my friend must have been raised up being told the Bolsheviks not only wiped out the royal family but also all of the royal treasures as well. That Russians are all scary big women with hairy legs and hard drinking, chain smoking men. Now that might be an interesting contest.
    It really does exist and there really are orange roses. You are right about the snakes they should be gold but not this time, to lazy.

Thanks Dorsey. I appreciate your endeavors. Now run along and make another garden!

edited December 1969

In which case, they're too rosy? :-)

Since none of the other judges have said it : The links check out, and I don't mind if you enter your own challenge. (When I host, my images are all NAEs, but that's a personal preference.)

As for the composition, I'm reminded of a photo I took a few years ago when I had a day off mid-week and nobody else was visiting the park... so the lack of something in the far distance isn't a big deal to me.

edited December 1969

You want feedback? Okay... I'm very impressed with this one. Great theme and execution. The lighting is about as flawless as you're going to get outside of nature and you've got a very natural balance of light and dark with the way the sunlight is casting shadows from the leaves. The people are very relaxed and natural looking and lack that posed look that kills so many renders. I only have 2 very minor gripes. One: the lack of a bark texture (or the whiteness of the existing texture) on the trees. Yeah, I know...there are "white" trees in real life and even then they look unreal and creepy to me. But even those trees have a few blemishes, marks and scars to them. It's a bit distracting, but does not really hurt the overall feel (and I emphasize the word feel here) of the picture. Two: and this is a personal observation that might be wrong, so take it for what it's worth, other than a deep background of just sky it might have worked better with something even deeper in the background. Maybe a 2D billboard of a few more trees or buildings in the haze. Rarely in real life is there an unbroken infinite plane stretching out to the horizon with nothing...unless of course you live in Kansas or something. For me, that's even spookier than the white trees. This may be a personal quirk of mine 'cause I was raised in the mountains and thought a vanishing horizon was just a myth until I moved to the mid-west. It scares me...

So, overall, I think it's an outstanding render and one that you should be justifiably proud of.

Dang you got good eyes. I was hoping that the bushes in the background would kind of ease that vanishing look and yes I was lazy with the tree bark. Those two issues were bugging me too but I was getting sick of the render so I said oh nobody will notice those things.

Well, well, well. Goes to show that if it bugs you it will bug others. I will work on them and post a new pic. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to critique the render. I value your opinion. The billboard idea sounds intriguing. I may play around with Bryce and see what I can come up with.

Oh...well, I got the necklace anyway...from my first render. I pawned it, remember?

Yes I remember. I remember the girlfriend having a certain look in her eye,too. How did everything go for Da Real Man after that picture was made?

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Since none of the other judges have said it : The links check out, and I don't mind if you enter your own challenge. (When I host, my images are all NAEs, but that's a personal preference.)

As for the composition, I'm reminded of a photo I took a few years ago when I had a day off mid-week and nobody else was visiting the park... so the lack of something in the far distance isn't a big deal to me.

Thank you Rob. That is a very pretty picture of a garden. Ever think about trying to render it?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6. Postwork to add signature only.

Freebies
    In the Garden
    1.From Renderosity:
    Bench * Garden Pack by SAMS3D.
    Vase * Attic calyx krater by 3D Strike. Holding the trailing vines on each of the art Nuevo statues
    2. Planit3D
    Hosta Poser House Plants volume 01 by Black Mamba Media. Around Roses
    3. From Runtime DNA
    Shrubs * Spring Shrubs by Traveler. Right side. Behind the shurbs and statues
    4. From ShareCG
    Shurbs * Bushes by Yughues. Bush behind the shrubs on the left side of the picture.
    Trash can * New Graffiti Wall by Rick Bridenbaker.
    5. From Archive3d
    Fountain Fountain 3D Model by Julio Olavi.
    Roses Roses 3D Model by David Barrett.
    Shrubs Bush 3D Model Camelback by Nestor. Lining the walkway
    Shrubs Bush 3D Model 30 degrees by Nestor. Surounding the fountain
    Statues Scuplture 3D Model - Hippocrates by Calatrava Santiago.
    Statues Venus 3D Model by Garnier Tony. Venus She is to the left of David
    Statues Statuette 3D Model - Mercury by Eric Johnson. Mercury. They are at the entrance to the fountain. You only see bits of them.
    Statues Statuett 3D Model - David by Eric Johnson. David Directly behind the fountain
    Statues Sculpture 3D Model by Oleg Temonov. Art Nuevo Statues lining the walkway
    Vines Flowers 3D Model by Ann Grey. In Vases on Art Nuevo Statues
    Trash Rubbish 1 by Tim Yoon. Inside the trash can
    5a. From Artist-3D
    Statues Roman mythology Cupid Statue Model by Unknown. He is to the right of David and can not be seen so no count.

6. From xfrog
    Trees Italian Maple by xFrog.
    Trees * European Beech by xfrog.

Visitors

7. Boy: Shirt Pants and Hat * Dragon Scout Outfit for Genesis by byudragonbreath.
    8. From Wilmap
    Boy: Shoes * Genesis NA Indian Outfit by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Dress * Genesis Gathered Dress by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Dress * Genesis Knitted Cowl Dress by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Hat * Genesis Gardening Items by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Shoes * Genesis Low Heeled Shoes by Wilmap.
    Ladies: Shoes * Genesis Buttoned Heeled Shoes by Wilmap.
    Man: Pants * Genesis Jeans by Wilmap.
    Man: shirt * Genesis T-Shirts by Wilmap.
    9. Man: Shoes * Sensible Shoes 2.0 GENESIS by Varsel.
    10. Man: Hair * Soto's Flat Top for Genesis by Hellyboy.

No Count
    Ladies: Hair * Duke Hair by DAZ 3D SWAM goldtassel. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    PoseRay by flyerx. Used to convert .3ds files to obj files

Paid for
    Ground * A Curious Passage by DAZ 3D Jack Tomalin.
    Ground * Hither and Thither by Moyra.

I thought this was a photograph when I first saw it. How did you get those shadows to co-operate that way? Real nice render DG.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

Thank you Rob. That is a very pretty picture of a garden. Ever think about trying to render it?

I don't have enough different types of roses in my runtime...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Although higher distant elevation is interesting in an image, I, too, have seen this type of horizon. In fact, right here in the city where I live it's kind of flat. I used to work here years ago, and a girl was giving me directions and mentioned a hill. I said to her, "You don't have hills in Taunton!" The first time she visited Fall River, she saw hills. The "hill" she referred to was a slight grade. :D

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I thought this was a photograph when I first saw it. How did you get those shadows to co-operate that way? Real nice render DG.

Thanks Music.

Well I used glaseye's set as listed above. It works for both DAZ Studio 3 and 4.x. I dropped the intensity of the Uber light, Mix1-Sunshine1, to 41%. Changed the Sun distant light color to 255 254 215 and kept it at 60%. I rotated the Sun and Specular lights to -35, 37 and 2.5 (x, y, and z respectively).

There is a huge tree set behind the camera that gives shade to the front of the picture, over the roses and Hippocrates. I also put two trees nestled among the treetops of the trees lining the walkway to help keep the canopy over the walkway completely covered but to still allow some sunlight to pass through.

Poses for Genesis just came from the default set you get with DAZ Studio. I just tweaked the man and boy's arms so that they would sort of match up to make you think they are holding hands and I also changed the position of the man's right arm to make it look like he is having a conversation with the little boy.

Haven't yet started to work on LG's suggestions. I want to finish another render and then I will get back to this one.

edited December 1969

Mercy Glade Revisited

Now with clumping! More instanced daffodils and amaryllis to form clusters, and a few more little flowers dotted through the grass. Also lighting adjustments (sunlight up, uberenvironment down, spotlights added for a bit of dappling on the elk and a bit more emphasis on the fountain). And the brightness turned down in the background plane's diffuse and ambient channels, for a stormier sky in contrast to the sunlight.

Thanks so much, Dollygirl and music, for your suggestions

Title: Mercy Glade Revisited
    DAZ Studio 4.6 setup and render, Photoshop CS6 postwork to add signature only

Purchased:
    DLD Stone Shaders from DAZ (used on the parts of the fountain that aren't water or terra cotta, and also on the bench so that they match): http://www.daz3d.com/dld-stone-shaders-for-daz-studio

Not counted:
    Ground texture (mostly not visible) by Jacobo Cortés Ferreira: http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=41883 (registration required)
    Irfanview to create or invert transparency maps for some models: http://www.irfanview.com/
    PropViewer to convert the .3ds models to .obj: http://www.sharecg.com/v/43389/ (registration required)

Free:

Fountain uploaded by Farid Jawati at Archive3D: http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=bb877e5d (3ds)
    Stone bench by Joe Kurz (19th from the bottom): http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/down/arch01/arch01.htm
    Angel of Mercy statue by Mortemvetus (third down on the left on the first page): http://www.mortemvetus.com/free_downloads.php
    TransPond's Rocks by Judith at RDNA: http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=466 (login required)

Elk and calf by Lyne: http://www.lynescreations.com/lynefree16.htm
    Rabbits by Lyne: http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree4.htm
    Ants (on foreground branch, upper right) by Gerald Day: http://www.fast3d.co.uk/ant/ant.htm
    Hawk Moth by Adam Thwaites: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_55.htm
    Grasshopper uploaded by David Ross at Archive3D: http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=6c1bb221 (3ds)
    Bluejay from 3Dlenta: http://3dlenta.com/en/catalog.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=291&category_id=8 (3ds)
    Flying dove from 3Dlenta: http://3dlenta.com/en/catalog.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=8 (3ds)

Dogwood trees from xfrog: http://xfrog.com/product/SH02.html (registration and checkout required) (OBJ)
    Amaryllis (red flowers) from xfrog: http://xfrog.com/product/FL34.html (registration and checkout required) (OBJ)
    Bat flower in pot (on bench) from xfrog: http://xfrog.com/product/FL56.html (registration and checkout required) (OBJ)
    Bushes by Nobiax: http://nobiax.deviantart.com/art/Free-Bushes-315648470 (OBJ)
    Little plants with pink flowers: http://www.planit3d.com/source/meshes_files/plants01.html (top row, 4th from the right, flower11.zip) (3ds)
    Little plants with white flowers:
    http://www.planit3d.com/source/meshes_files/plants01.html (4th row, 2nd from the right, flower25.zip) (3ds)
    Daffodils (yellow flowers) by Samanta Davis at Archive3D: http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=b4cf9192 (3ds)
    Irises (purple flowers) uploaded by Frank at Archive3D: http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=084605f5 (3ds)
    Grasses by Drew Costigan at 3DPlants:
    http://3dplants.0catch.com/weed05.html (3ds)
    http://3dplants.0catch.com/weed13.html (3ds)
    http://3dplants.0catch.com/weed15.html (3ds)
    Stoplight plant (foreground left, big yellow leaves and fuzzy stalks) by 3DUA at Turbosquid: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/501376 (OBJ; the FBX version loads with errors)

Background image by earl53: http://morguefile.com/archive/display/823993

Bushes, trees, grass, flowers, and ants multiplied with node instancing.

cuisle_mercy-glade-revised.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    edited July 2013

Cuisle said:
    Mercy Glade Revisited

Now with clumping! More instanced daffodils and amaryllis to form clusters, and a few more little flowers dotted through the grass. Also lighting adjustments (sunlight up, uberenvironment down, spotlights added for a bit of dappling on the elk and a bit more emphasis on the fountain). And the brightness turned down in the background plane's diffuse and ambient channels, for a stormier sky in contrast to the sunlight.

Well done Cuisle. You have brought interest into your image and you signed it. Very nice. I hope you like it better this way as well.

ENTRY IS ACCEPTED.

Image17.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Well done Cuisle. You have brought interest into your image and you signed it. Very nice. I hope you like it better this way as well.

I do. Thank you!

edited December 1969

Cuisle said:
    Mercy Glade Revisited

Title: Mercy Glade Revisited

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=84022_VissTp7743YrtmDfp3wQ&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very well done! It now looks like sunshine coming in between clouds as the clouds are building. Soon it will be all gray...and wet.

Dana