Unreal Engine 4 Now FREE -updated

Comments

• edited December 1969

I would have awesome videos of Daz figures fighting in UE4. Looks better than most offline rendered stuff you see. But since there is no game engine forum here I cannot post them...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

fxbar said:
    I would have awesome videos of Daz figures fighting in UE4. Looks better than most offline rendered stuff you see. But since there is no game engine forum here I cannot post them...

Post them in the Art Studio or the Animation forums.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited June 2015

fxbar said:

Do you have something like this?
    mentalist_fighters_2013_by_zilvergrafix-d66qkb0.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 243K
    midorivsreptilianfight_by_zilvergrafix-d7gxjf7.png
    1191 x 670 - 181K
    iray_fighter__by_zilvergrafix-d8mnjif.png
    1191 x 670 - 237K
    Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Wow, nice. I like how it looks very much.

• edited June 2015

fxbar said:

What I meant is that as long as we don't get a game dev forum I for sure will not post my stuff in a way anybody can know I use Daz models. I don't want to advertise for them out of protest. Let's not even talk about the many bugs they should fix...

Do you have something like this?

Very cool. Mine is different. I try getting photo-realism. So SSS and cloth that looks like real cloth (everything with normal and detail normal maps), corrective shape keys for the animations,...

Post edited by f00bar.root_6039d0dd5c on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

The only one suffering from such a stance is yourself fxbar :lol:
    nobody else would give a fig :roll:
    just saying

edited December 1969

I was thinking the same :/ those pics made me want to make game on my own. I guess I really should start using Unity and UE and need to learn C++ and JavaScript too. Though I have feeling that I will never be able to break that barrier :/, or maybe better to download that UE tutorial while I can from Digi-dotz. :) Btw off topic Rugby World cup after summer (old video but i like it most) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdBP6FYevus and next in Japan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6bH1dhz5DI

• edited December 1969

just saying

I'm not sure about that. Posting my videos in UE4 forums and saying these are Daz assets would probably convince some guys to use Daz. Many guys there spend tens of thousands on assets.
    Honestly I don't care if it really has an influence, I'm a man of principles. And as long as they don't care for game devs (killed game dev forum, export bugs,...) I will not do anything that could look like I support them.

edited December 1969

You are making a mistake, although I am not good with time atm, I am very interested in Game development lately and very much like fighting games. As Mike said You can post it in Art Studio or Animation forum it probably will draw attention, though I am mostly my time spending in freepozitory. Lately I have found one Game Dev forum but I actualy need to learn to make games and work with programs like Unity and UE and could use some advice :)

edited June 2015

fxbar said:
    just saying

I'm not sure about that. Posting my videos in UE4 forums and saying these are Daz assets would probably convince some guys to use Daz. Many guys there spend tens of thousands on assets.
    Honestly I don't care if it really has an influence, I'm a man of principles. And as long as they don't care for game devs (killed game dev forum, export bugs,...) I will not do anything that could look like I support them.
    I think most Unity and Unreal users know about DAZ assets but find game optimised content easier
    I doubt very much anything you could post would convince them otherwise.
    But I guess we will never know now :lol:
    DAZ content is more suited to artistic renders and movies and I don't see the company losing any sleep over your stance, just maybe a few users that were curious how good you are.
    I think the game dev forum was dropped from lack of interest actually.
    Not that many even do animation as I well know and OMG has Youtube been giving me some stick lately pulling a 480K views video of mine after 4-5 years because I repeated tomato 100x in the description as do most commenters laughing as is in fact the lyrics and they decided it breached their metadata restrictions (instead of just telling me so and deleting the description!!!)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Oh lol, never seen that before. About Game Development I find it hard to do more things but really want to learn to program and make games :) It would be wonderful. I don't need separate part of the forum for that, If You ask me, some tutorials in freepozitory also could do the work :D and I agree it is a bit harder subject and not for everyone I guess.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Doing a videogame is not a One Man task, it involves A LOT OF MONEY and an army of talented people, very skilled in the respective areas for a game come to light, simple assets are just a minimal part of the videogame ecuation... even angry birds, being made of flash assets, involved a ton of resources, maybe you can call Flappy Bird like a one man game but such sparks of geniality does not come daily.

I'm actually involved in the videogame industry, but for my own and like a simple employer,not being a boss, and not using daz content because the diversity of artists claiming for royalties if their products are used in videogames makes this more difficult, big companies, or even indie developers prefer pay $500 USD for a simple house in max format in turbosquid than read a long disclaimer of the Daz, and a looong disclaimer for the PA and a looong disclaimer for the Videogame Licence or whatevah its named.

my 2 mexican pesos, considering the parity USD-MXP, well, it almost the same in cents...

edited December 1969

I agree that game development is not one man work but it is possible. What I need is game engine for my RPG books I worked so hard for before. I started first with some free RPG utilities and converted it to my own system, but later realized that if I could make my own game engine and rpg tools together it would be much more interesting. DS works really good there and Bryce and similar programs and I enjoy working with them, where I can make portraits, scenes and similar art (that is what I am looking for). I just need Visual Studio and learn to program really good, that is C++.

Now probably it would be possible to make same thing, or at least RPG game in Unity or UE but there are 3d models and modeling there also and JavaScript. That is what I am wishing also for and will try working on as much as I can, I mean learning Game Engines Dev Tools. I am not sure about other programs like 3d Max, Maya, Zbrush and so on, for now they are for me out of reach.

This all means I need to develop and convert my books to English, make RPG Art/Tools/Game engine for it and test it beside all other things that I am working on in my life :). I know it might be a lot but that is what I am trying to do. At least I was first to publish serious RPG books in my own country, and now am 38 we will see how much will I be able to do. Lets hope for the best, one random song that might be motivating :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zthQPe41w24

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515

UE 4.12 released - I know i shouldnt, cause i dont have time ..or a decent pc -but still, maybe just a little play time...

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/unreal-engine-4-12-released

they added $12million worth of Paragon assets to it now too.

I gave up on Matinee BTW, packaging a temporary game and using shadowplay is actually easier, I can use the first or third  person examples to navigate it.

video of a quick maze game I made, the physics work in realtime with collision too

JaguarElla in the Sun temple example

I must actually retarget her to the third person, I found a video tutorial that looks easy to follow 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

fxbar said:

where is an animation forum ?

we had one long  ago

but now ?

more playing in UE4

and yeah nowhere really to share this stuff but necrothreads

so do we have to start a new thread if we want any usage of DAZ content to appear in the forum under recent posts?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

I saw your other thread about necroposts that linked me here. I'll reply here, to see if it shows up as a recent post.

edited April 2018

it didn't, I just checked my link in my necrothread post now to see if anyone replied 

I think it may only affect threads started on the old forum

it does answer a lot of questions about other things I posted elsewhere I never got responses to though sad

seems if you need help on an older topic now you need to start a new thread

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

barbult you will not even know I replied

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

it didn't, I just checked my link in my necrothread post now to see if anyone replied 

I think it may only affect threads started on the old forum

it does answer a lot of questions about other things I posted elsewhere I never got responses to though sad

seems if you need help on an older topic now you need to start a new thread

I’m not sure what the conclusion is to this... old, dead threads don’t update?  That would suck... for a vast number of reasons.

It did now

the forum software is just stuffed

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Yeah, I can see that... lots of weird little things going on.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited August 2019

I've said this a buncha times in various vistas (well, mainly in chats in virtual worlds, but the principle stands): 

The more complex a tech is, the more opportunity there is under he hood for something to go whoopsie!!! in new and creative ways.

Fortunately, the techs and developers of these various, complicated things usually have the issue fixxed before TOO long... tho sometimes the nature of the whoopsie!!! has them scratching their heads and going "The heck...?!?"

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • In Mechanical Engineering we have a simple term to describe what must be done to stop complicated stuff breaking. It's 'KISS', which stands for 'Keep it simple, stupid.'. It is good advice for computer techs too.

Regards,

Richard.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,144

"KISS" is one of the fundamental lessons I was taught in programming.  It's one of those things that can be applied to just about everything.

OMG that camera sequencer though, bang my head in frustration

Video

I need help but does not look like many are interested in using UE4