quick tutorial on exporting the Paragon textures to edit

or maybe render a mesh in DAZ iray for fan art

just don't use it in another game engine

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

UE4 renders

and the rather long video

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

I am having difficulty installing it.  It says it is installed but I cannot find it.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Did you keep an eye on the install to where it would go?

• without a graphics card (none work in my rig anymore) my capture kinda sucks

this is a cool rather familiar looking free house asset which I am sure I have seen in a game or too

hence my tongue in cheek video title

• using the extremely unpredicable Cinematic sequencer instead

• some K pop

edited September 2019

Shinbi has a House Party

new computer can finally use my 980ti again

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2019

damned if I can figure this out

UE4.19 I retargetted genesis 3 to the third person manequin 

but ever since I cannot,

the legs bend back the head bends down

I cannot get that project to update either to reuse that blueprint it updates unrigged

update

I got a bit further but now have this crap

OK solved it, Genesis 3 needs to have a pose with the hip translated a whole body length above the mannequin

my cloths not draping

and nobody else reads this thread apparently crying

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109
    edited October 2019

I am reading through this thread with great interest!  Finally got a new workstation built, and I am trying to get everything installed.  Carrara, Daz Studio, Poser and VUE installed, Blender coming next  Unreal looks too good to pass up, just wondering when I would have time to learn it...  It has been a while, and all the software has changed so much, I will have to learn/relearn everything.

Post edited by Greymom on

Be nice to have some company here yes

4 is easier than 3 but still has its quirks 

fortunately many YouTube tutorials, I just like all the tools like sculptable terrains you can paint trees and other objects on!

• I also am following but so busy with life that don't have to to delve into 3D at the moment. Congrats on new pc.

• well that Unreal forum is certainly where posts go to diedevil

I want to find out how to capture 360 panoramas without cooking a game, using cinematics

no answers in documentation

I end up cooking and compiling for Windows on my other PC which has Microsoft Visual Basic studio installed a prerequisite I cannot even use but needs to be there

takes up a lot of space

then I use Ansel

there is a plugin to render 360 image series but no documentation or discussion

• oh and I still cannot get genesis 8 working retargeted

its a mess

3 is OK just needs arm leg reposing and translation to line up but 8 does all kinds of weird weightmap distortions geografts are not the issue in fact that one was better than a base human!

edited November 2019

the Paragon figures look great though like Shinbi here

and physX

• they are having a Black friday sale so I grabbed this village and some plants and animals

and plonked JaguarElla in it posing around

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited December 2019

Well, I waited till today to grab Unreal Engine, practically the last moment, and am now installing it.  And I had literally assumed it would just be an executable and a handful of sample 3D objects.... but its gigabytes upon gigabytes!  0O  I don't even know I've even got the room to SPARE on my C drive for this.  Had I known it was going be an entire Sears Robuck Catalog of related 3D stuff, presumably INCLUDING several kitchen sinks, I'd have pointed the installer to my E: drive, where I have all my Daz Studio content installed.

Is it possible to move it there easily later?  I just wanted to plop the Unreal Engine executables onto my machine before the free-ness of it ran out, just in case having the executables INSTALLED was a requirement  for them to recognize I'd gotten it when it was free.  I'm only ever really likely to poke it with a stick occasionally, if that, under the theory I might do some random render in it a year or two from now.

edit: Okay, I canceled back out of installing it, and am now having it uninstall, until I can figure out how to put this on my machine without using up all remaining space on my C drive.  Bah!

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • I think it will remain free if that concerns you

yes install it to another drive if you can, it uses masses of room and all the projects and content is huge too

• After I uninstalled the partial install of the UE stuff, 54 gigs is what I've got left on my 1 terabyte C: drive....  it was down to 39 gigs or less when I hit cancel.  I have 1.44 TB free on my E: drive, which is a 3 TB drive.

edited December 2019

I am like a lone voice in the wilderness herecrying

but

gFur

anyone played with it yet?

I seem to only be able to fur my whole mesh or rather apply it to a whole mesh not actually grown any yet

I tried importing a hair cap but that and its lack of rigging takes over as my third person player if I add it to it as a component and if I import it rigged on the same skeleton my character loses her animation Blueprint

I am so terribly confused

I can see the fur is applied but cannot see any difference or how to get the mode for growing bits up

• Nope its holidays and busy with family. Happy Holidays

my bunny won't move

Wendy sad crying

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502

Is there any incentive for bunny to move - like a carrot? Or alternatively a wolf?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545
    edited June 2020

Seems no one has added the new list of freebies to this thread..ok...I will

This is a previous pay for lessons series that is now permanently free. After seeing the video look in the description for the link to the tutorials

This guy has some great tutorials and this one in particular is about animation

This link has a bunch of freebies you can grab for June only so don't wait.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/featured-free-marketplace-content---june-2020

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • Darkwolf92Darkwolf92 Posts: 130

I downloaded it and have not had the time to use it. I needs to get to work!!! :-) This looks like it will be so awesome!!!