Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger thread

1234568»

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,615

tsroemi said:

I like the street and am gonna get it, but it sure does contain some weird andnot very 'London'-looking buildings on closer inspection. It's like something remembered vaguely or seen only from afar - the overall look and feel is not bad, but the details are rather strange. Anyways, it'll be a fun asset to have for all sorts of scenes!

The individual items look OK to me but the way they are put together isn't quite right. Someone has already commented that the no entry signs are the wrong way round for the stree markings. The Belisha Beacon all on it's own there is out of place. it should be next to a pedestrian crossing and I think there would normally be one on each side of the road. And the bikes all lined up neatly with none blocking the pavement is a rare sight. If the props are moveable it should be good.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305
    edited September 14

Peter Wade said:

tsroemi said:

I like the street and am gonna get it, but it sure does contain some weird andnot very 'London'-looking buildings on closer inspection. It's like something remembered vaguely or seen only from afar - the overall look and feel is not bad, but the details are rather strange. Anyways, it'll be a fun asset to have for all sorts of scenes!

The individual items look OK to me but the way they are put together isn't quite right. Someone has already commented that the no entry signs are the wrong way round for the stree markings. The Belisha Beacon all on it's own there is out of place. it should be next to a pedestrian crossing and I think there would normally be one on each side of the road. And the bikes all lined up neatly with none blocking the pavement is a rare sight. If the props are moveable it should be good.

True. Decals? (this is a quick and dirty version - I noticed the single Belisha Beacon but forgot to add some more)

XI-Street-of-London.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 733K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153

I think https://www.daz3d.com/m113-armored-personnel-carrier is an incredible piece of work. Joji rigged the suspension to be fully adjustable from wheel to wheel! Everything about it looks top notch. Gotta download it and see how it is.

• Sevrin said:

In the olden days, better women's clothes took into account that often maids would dress ladies of elevated standing, and buttons, etc mirrored those on men's clothes.  What these ladies wore became the fashion standard.  Times have changed, and now zippers, buttons, etc., are often the same for men and women.

...now if only we could get useful pockets in everything, we'd be golden. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

SilverGirl said:

Sevrin said:

In the olden days, better women's clothes took into account that often maids would dress ladies of elevated standing, and buttons, etc mirrored those on men's clothes.  What these ladies wore became the fashion standard.  Times have changed, and now zippers, buttons, etc., are often the same for men and women.

@SilverGirl While I would love a standard pocket design for 3D so we could stuff our 3D fingers, cameras/phones, wallets ... into them, I would be more grateful if real world jeans would remember women have hands that are larger than the second digit of their hands! I have jeans from a number of manufacturers and only my Levis actually leave room for me to use the pockets. With my twisted spine, I try to carry the minimun I need in my pockets and losing things in the parking lot is not good, like IDs, keys, phone. All of which have dropped out.

My zippers are zipped from the right-hand side. I checked with my flatmate, his jeans/work pants all are designed to be zipped up with the right hand. (I wonder if you are left-handed if you can order a left-sided opening?) 

• memcneil70 said:

SilverGirl said:

Sevrin said:

@SilverGirl While I would love a standard pocket design for 3D so we could stuff our 3D fingers, cameras/phones, wallets ... into them, I would be more grateful if real world jeans would remember women have hands that are larger than the second digit of their hands! I have jeans from a number of manufacturers and only my Levis actually leave room for me to use the pockets. With my twisted spine, I try to carry the minimun I need in my pockets and losing things in the parking lot is not good, like IDs, keys, phone. All of which have dropped out.

Oh, that's what I meant - that it would be great if my actual pants had useful pockets. I've given up on using the ones I have because actually moving through the day means everything wiggles out. I'm not a big fan of purses (too easy to forget somewhere) so if I have to carry stuff, usually I strap on my belt from my reenactment kit and use the pouches.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    edited September 17

Sometimes, like just a few days ago, the offer consists almost only of stuff that doesn't interest me: Meaningless-looking young women, cheap & silly skimpwear and 'lingerie'. 

Then there are days like today: days when one banger follows the next and my credit card weeps bitter tears. Luthbel with his fantastic 'Wise Monk' set and breathtakingly beautiful textures, Hoffmeyer finally with a new, great-looking dinosaur, RawArt and AntFarm, and other big names. Plus a very nice 'Golden Ticket' from Lantios. Enchanté!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

the Luthbel Monk is tremendous looking. 
    dForce Wise Monk HD for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

• I've got plans for that monk suit. Looks pretty nice

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited September 17

I also like Colm Jackson's Tora today. I'm a CJ fan anyway, for a very long time, was back at RDNA times, which was my favorite place actually. Great people. 
    CJ Tora For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

A strong looking woman. Very good possibilities with all the shades, skins, tats, etc.Dirt LIE as well. 

tora.jpg
    1536 x 1302 - 387K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158
    edited 2:46PM

More pirates. Yay?

With that said, I really like Southwest Harbor. https://www.daz3d.com/southwest-harbor

It's in my cart.

Isn't there some weirdness with the boat's texture in this promos shot? One on the bottom, the gray area:

Post edited by lou_harper at
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684

lou_harper said:

More pirates. Yay?

With that said, I really like Southwest Harbor. https://www.daz3d.com/southwest-harbor ; It's in my cart.

Isn't there some weirdness with the boat's texture in this promos shot? One on the bottom, the gray area:

It looks to me like it's just meant to be discolored or was maybe painted in another color once. -  What I really find disappointing about the set is that the sea is not included. I mean, c'mon, shouldn't this be an essential part of a harbor set? And at this price? Would have bought it on the spot otherwise, but now - wishlisted. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

lou_harper said:

More pirates. Yay?

With that said, I really like Southwest Harbor. https://www.daz3d.com/southwest-harbor ; It's in my cart.

Corrected product link: https://www.daz3d.com/southwest-harbor

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280

Laughable pirate outfits, but I will have to say that at least the boots of both outfits look like something one might actually wear on a ship. No deck-eating heels.

• CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 158

I think some folks already own the sea.

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-oceanworx

(Although, I do wish folks selling products would be better about listing the 'products used in promo images'. Some sellers get it and some don't) 

tsroemi said:

What I really find disappointing about the set is that the sea is not included. I mean, c'mon, shouldn't this be an essential part of a harbor set? And at this price? Would have bought it on the spot otherwise, but now - wishlisted. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684

CO3DR said:

I think some folks already own the sea.

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-oceanworx

(Although, I do wish folks selling products would be better about listing the 'products used in promo images'. Some sellers get it and some don't) 

tsroemi said:

What I really find disappointing about the set is that the sea is not included. I mean, c'mon, shouldn't this be an essential part of a harbor set? And at this price? Would have bought it on the spot otherwise, but now - wishlisted. 

I have that product, and I couldn't get it to look as real as this! Are you sure this is it? If so, I would love for Ansiko to post their settings ... 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

tsroemi said:

It looks to me like it's just meant to be discolored or was maybe painted in another color once. -  What I really find disappointing about the set is that the sea is not included. I mean, c'mon, shouldn't this be an essential part of a harbor set? And at this price? Would have bought it on the spot otherwise, but now - wishlisted. 

Those weird lines look more like when I'm trying to customize something and accidentally apply the wrong texture.