Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

on clones, I find the easiest thing to do is model a bodysuit around one figure then shape and fit it to another creating morphs for both, I edit the morph dsf in notepad to make it a modifier/clone instead of morph and fit clothing to it then to the figure

I have fitted clothing to Vyusur's Catoon this way, humanoid figures this is not too difficult but it's only a loose clothing fit not an exact clone, fingers and toes beyond me

bodysuit do you do this in another program or in daz how do you edit in notepad like do you change a wording or number or what

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited September 13

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

on clones, I find the easiest thing to do is model a bodysuit around one figure then shape and fit it to another creating morphs for both, I edit the morph dsf in notepad to make it a modifier/clone instead of morph and fit clothing to it then to the figure

I have fitted clothing to Vyusur's Catoon this way, humanoid figures this is not too difficult but it's only a loose clothing fit not an exact clone, fingers and toes beyond me

bodysuit do you do this in another program or in daz how do you edit in notepad like do you change a wording or number or what

I use Zbrush and extrude and Zremesh a masked of section or sections depending on if doing separate boot fitting shape 

I fit this suit to one figure with the transfer utility then save it as a support asset like any wardrobe item

then I load that asset on it's own along with the other figure NOT fitting it a d scale and move, resize bones to get as near as the shape as possible 

then I export an obj of it and appending it to saved Ztool of the second figure use mostly  the move brush and smooth to shape it to fit that figure as closely as possible not changing the topography in anyway

I then export that obj to use in morphloader for the first outfit as well as doing the same for the second figures outfit

when you adjust rigging to figure shape and run erc freeze one used to in properties before saving the morph change it from modifier morph to modifier clone but that is no longer an option which is why I edit the dsf for the morph shape in notepad (you need to save the morph asset uncompressed)

it needs to be modifier clone to trigger the fit to dialogue 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited September 13

Thank you all for your insight smiley

In today 'Elor's asking question' show, I don't get how I'm suppose to use the road here because the arrow on the road seems to contradict the red signs: the signs are forbidding the direction indicated by the arrow surprise

And hum, the bikes' pedals feel a bit too low (but I suppose the bikes are not rigged).

Otherwise, it does look nice and unlike other sets by Xivon, feels like something I could use without being lost for days trying to navigate them.

00mainstreetoflondondaz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 511K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

@elor, treat it as if it is an older street that was recently changed to pedistrian only and the paint hasn't been removed from when it was available for vehicle traffic? Or remove the modern signage, bikes, and other 20th/21st items and use it with horse and buggies?

It is in my cart so I am not sure if the second idea is possible.

• It's not unusual for signs to be rotated on their poles to face the wrong direction in the UK. However, I agree the left hand 'No Entry' is wrong and would hide it if I used it.

The electric assist pedal bikes look quite real to me - take a look at the official 'Transport for London' site here: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/santander-cycles?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIldbI2N2_iAMV6pBQBh3wtg3REAAYASAAEgL1HvD_BwE. The bikes do have seats that can go very low.

The set looks good, generally, and the work it represents is enormous. Only comment I have is over the lack of wind blown litter - though I have avoided London for a few years and it may have been cleaned up a bit.

Regards,

Richard.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684
    edited September 13

I like the street and am gonna get it, but it sure does contain some weird andnot very 'London'-looking buildings on closer inspection. It's like something remembered vaguely or seen only from afar - the overall look and feel is not bad, but the details are rather strange. Anyways, it'll be a fun asset to have for all sorts of scenes!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,283

To me, the value of that street will be in props. Using buildings and other props separately. But yeah, it doesn't feel very London-ish.

Changing the topic a bit, this one: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-su-stylish-workwear-for-genesis-9-81-and-8-female caused me some confusion, because it's not only similar to this one: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-su-autumn-day-clothes-for-genesis-9-81-and-8-female which was released earlier, but pretty much has the same style of promo picture. It took me a moment to figure out these were two different outfits and not a re-released outfit. laugh

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,866

lou_harper said:

All sorts of useful to me product today. Playground, apron, normal t-shirt, fun poses,

Haven't checked all clothing pieces, but the shadows on the shorts are baked in, which may not work well with some light settings.  If you remove the base map however (left character), it looks almost the same, but with natural shadows.  This is on G8F btw, using MMX Genesis 9 Clones autofit plugin.

hw-shorts-suit_dome-100.png
    1365 x 962 - 2M
    hw-shorts-suit_dome-320.png
    1365 x 962 - 2M
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

joanna said:

To me, the value of that street will be in props. Using buildings and other props separately. But yeah, it doesn't feel very London-ish.

Yes and no. Parts of it are clearly modeled, more or less faithfully, on actual London buildings and streets.

That black-and-white half-timbered building labeled "Library"? That's the Liberty department store on Great Marlborough Street, and a reasonably accurate representation. The second promo is an abbreviated version of Regent Street just north of Piccadilly Circus. The building by the "Boris bikes" (which aren't quite faithful to the original, and seem to be dockless bikes) reminds me of something too, although I think it's from somewhere further east of Regent Street.

It probably looks odd because the fake "Regent Street" is compressed into a short curve, and there are only five buildings, all of slightly different styles, instead of an extended line of buildings of similar architectural style. But I think everything in the set is inspired by actual buildings, even if they're not modeled exactly.

bytescapes said:

joanna said:

It probably looks odd because the fake "Regent Street" is compressed into a short curve, and there are only five buildings, all of slightly different styles, instead of an extended line of buildings of similar architectural style. But I think everything in the set is inspired by actual buildings, even if they're not modeled exactly.

Yeah, to me the mismatch of buildings is what feels off. I get that not all the buildings would have similar architectual style, but the lineup in this one feels unnatural.

Either way, it's in my cart. With the buildings separate, I can build my own streets as needed anyway :) 

• I use Zbrush and extrude and Zremesh a masked of section or sections depending on if doing separate boot fitting shape 

I fit this suit to one figure with the transfer utility then save it as a support asset like any wardrobe item

then I load that asset on it's own along with the other figure NOT fitting it a d scale and move, resize bones to get as near as the shape as possible 

then I export an obj of it and appending it to saved Ztool of the second figure use mostly  the move brush and smooth to shape it to fit that figure as closely as possible not changing the topography in anyway

I then export that obj to use in morphloader for the first outfit as well as doing the same for the second figures outfit

when you adjust rigging to figure shape and run erc freeze one used to in properties before saving the morph change it from modifier morph to modifier clone but that is no longer an option which is why I edit the dsf for the morph shape in notepad (you need to save the morph asset uncompressed)

it needs to be modifier clone to trigger the fit to dialogue 

cool still beyond me though I do have zbrush too but nervous about using it had it for a few years too - maybe oneday I will 

• joanna said:

bytescapes said:

joanna said:

Yeah, to me the mismatch of buildings is what feels off. I get that not all the buildings would have similar architectual style, but the lineup in this one feels unnatural.

Either way, it's in my cart. With the buildings separate, I can build my own streets as needed anyway :) 

If I may I would like to play devils advocate here. Now I wouldn't know if it was 100% accurate or not, but I think it looks really good useful and you can't beat the $2.99 price plus with the way things are now isn't it better for a product to have the feel of what it represents then to be 100% accurate of a real city street/enviroment or whatever and risking getting the Editorial License which could happen when you look at some of the products that have gotten it. As for different architectual style well I live in Devonport, Tasmania, Australia and our style of buildings is all over the place it's a real mish mash of modern and old and mixtures of jumbled styles that don't really fit together. 

lastly just want to say been enjoying the sale with a $2.99 new product everyday some of which offer so much extras to them plus the bonus extra 30% off other products in each days sale including new releases for owning 30+ products created by artists in each days sale 

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

If I may I would like to play devils advocate here.

You don't have to for me. As I said, I already had it in my cart (and bought it). I often buy things for parts/props, and I'm not concerned whether it's realistic or not as my renders tend to steer toward fantasy/scifi, and not realistic depiction of anything. That said, I can still agree with those who say it doesn't feel London-ish.

As for different architectual styles: yes, even in Europe (I lived there for over half of my life) there's a mismatch, but it doesn't have a completely random feel. You'll have a street that is mostly in a similar style, because initially, all the buildings would have been built around the same time. Then, some will be renovaned, and some will not, depending on the owners money. Then, some will be altered to accomodate for stores and other business, and some might have been demolished and replaced (but then, often, the requirement of the city's main architect is that the building must at least feel somewhat similar to the surrounding buildings or be modern, but follow certain rules). Think about it as a dinner set: it started as a one uniform piece but then as plates got broken or cutlery got lost, the owner would buy similar things to replace them, to keep the set as close to uniform as possible. In the other example, there was no set to begin with: just someone who bought a plate or a fork as they needed, at random stores and with disregard to any matching and then proclaimed it a set. Maybe not that extreme as the example, but to me, that street falls into the second category, not first, and this makes it feel unreal to me.

This, to reiterate, has nothing to do with the usefulness of the set for me which is high, because I can build my own streets with it if I want to. (Most times, I don't use whole sets anyway, because my poor PC might choke on them.)

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Regardless of realism or accuracy, every single Golden Ticket item so far has been more than worth the $2.99. To the point that I actually feel a bit spoiled, and looking forward to the next tickets.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684

joanna said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

If I may I would like to play devils advocate here.

You don't have to for me. As I said, I already had it in my cart (and bought it). I often buy things for parts/props, and I'm not concerned whether it's realistic or not as my renders tend to steer toward fantasy/scifi, and not realistic depiction of anything. That said, I can still agree with those who say it doesn't feel London-ish.

As for different architectual styles: yes, even in Europe (I lived there for over half of my life) there's a mismatch, but it doesn't have a completely random feel. You'll have a street that is mostly in a similar style, because initially, all the buildings would have been built around the same time. Then, some will be renovaned, and some will not, depending on the owners money. Then, some will be altered to accomodate for stores and other business, and some might have been demolished and replaced (but then, often, the requirement of the city's main architect is that the building must at least feel somewhat similar to the surrounding buildings or be modern, but follow certain rules). Think about it as a dinner set: it started as a one uniform piece but then as plates got broken or cutlery got lost, the owner would buy similar things to replace them, to keep the set as close to uniform as possible. In the other example, there was no set to begin with: just someone who bought a plate or a fork as they needed, at random stores and with disregard to any matching and then proclaimed it a set. Maybe not that extreme as the example, but to me, that street falls into the second category, not first, and this makes it feel unreal to me.

This, to reiterate, has nothing to do with the usefulness of the set for me which is high, because I can build my own streets with it if I want to. (Most times, I don't use whole sets anyway, because my poor PC might choke on them.)

Very well put I think, the set mainly lacks cohesion in a realistic way. In an overall sense as explained above, but also in smaller details. The phone booth, for example, is dirty in the lower parts, but the sidewalk around it isn't. Then why the booth? Because it was just plonked down there without much regard for a truly cohesive street scene. In this set, it's all about just the very general appearance.
    Same goes for the architectural details of some of the buildings. They look quite right from afar, but aren't really, if you zoom in on them. 
    Again, I did buy it, and I think it's still really useful! Just not as a street as it stands.

• Is it just me, or does FG Streetwear for Genesis 9 Feminine have the fly backwards? It's not just me, right? It's supposed to come from the other side, at least on womens' pants? 

• butterflyfish said:

Is it just me, or does FG Streetwear for Genesis 9 Feminine have the fly backwards? It's not just me, right? It's supposed to come from the other side, at least on womens' pants? 

It looks correct to me but maybe one of the promos has been mirrored?

• ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

Is it just me, or does FG Streetwear for Genesis 9 Feminine have the fly backwards? It's not just me, right? It's supposed to come from the other side, at least on womens' pants? 

It looks to me like it's designed to be zipped left-handed. Which, my clothes aren't, so I'm confused. 

• butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

It looks to me like it's designed to be zipped left-handed. Which, my clothes aren't, so I'm confused. 

In which direction do you buckle your belts and are your buttons on the left or right of your blouses?

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205
    edited September 14

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

In which direction do you buckle your belts and are your buttons on the left or right of your blouses?

The belt buckle is on the right. I think. I don't actually wear belts.

Buttons I'm honestly not sure. I think they go on the right, but I don't think I have any to check. lol

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

Buttons I'm honestly not sure. I think they go on the right, but I don't think I have any to check. lol

Okay, buckles are threaded from the right towards the left and buttons are on the left and button holes on the right. Ack, this is confusing laughThe gist of it is that all the overlaps are right side over the left, so if that's what you mean by zipping with your left hand (under the flap rather than through it, the second of which is impossible), then the jeans in that product should be correct. But I think there's at least one promo that has been mirrored, which makes it look incorrect. Unless it's the others that have been mirrored. I don't know. Send help frown

• ainm.sloinneadh said

But I think there's at least one promo that has been mirrored, which makes it look incorrect. Unless it's the others that have been mirrored. I don't know. Send help frown

No, that was my error. They all look correct to me.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205
    edited September 14

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

Okay, buckles are threaded from the right towards the left and buttons are on the left and button holes on the right. Ack, this is confusing laughThe gist of it is that all the overlaps are right side over the left, so if that's what you mean by zipping with your left hand (under the flap rather than through it, the second of which is impossible), then the jeans in that product should be correct. But I think there's at least one promo that has been mirrored, which makes it look incorrect. Unless it's the others that have been mirrored. I don't know. Send help frown

OK, all my zippers are all stitched on the left side, with the opening pointing to the right. So you would zip with your right hand. Maybe this is a regional thing? I'm very confused, and I don't think I'm explaining well.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,187

I browsed 'woman jeans' and the majority had the zipper to the left, i.e. you should use your right hand. Which in fact is the same for men.

So at least my search result is opposite of the product.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,866

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

Many years ago I was looking at a pair of jeans in a second hand shop, but they told me it was women's jeans (I'm am male) because the zipper was left handed.  I just checked women's jeans on one of the online stores where I shop, and they all seem to have right hand zippers. 

https://www.stylepit.dk/01/damer/jeans?tn3

I imagine that that male/right female/left principle isn't used so much anymore by the manufacturers.  Things change, maybe part of the new gender policies?

• butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

OK, all my zippers are all stitched on the left side, with the opening pointing to the right. So you would zip with your right hand. Maybe this is a regional thing? I'm very confused, and I don't think I'm explaining well.

I get what you're saying. I've been down a massive rabbit hole with this and, like those above this post say, it appears that the distinction has largely fallen out of fashion. I can find plenty of the traditional configuration at more conservative or high-end fashion houses, but that's a tiny, specific slice. But now I'm very confused because I recently bought a belt from Primark (a ubiquitous fast fashion store, if you don't know it), and it's decorated with stencils that mean the belt is worn in the gendered mode, yet all their jeans and belts are worn the other way. I'm also confused by why I thought it was ever the other way here as I'm reading it has always been the same for both genders - for pants - in the UK. Then again, many of the examples I've found of the gendered configuration have been from Scottish fashion houses and I'm Scottish, so maybe we're just backwards. And apparently the US used to be gendered but isn't any longer. I don't know how I feel about this - it's as if a fundamental, universal truth has imploded :D

At least I can rest safe in the knowledge that dilemna has an m in it.

• ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

I get what you're saying. I've been down a massive rabbit hole with this and, like those above this post say, it appears that the distinction has largely fallen out of fashion. I can find plenty of the traditional configuration at more conservative or high-end fashion houses, but that's a tiny, specific slice. But now I'm very confused because I recently bought a belt from Primark (a ubiquitous fast fashion store, if you don't know it), and it's decorated with stencils that mean the belt is worn in the gendered mode, yet all their jeans and belts are worn the other way. I'm also confused by why I thought it was ever the other way here as I'm reading it has always been the same for both genders - for pants - in the UK. Then again, many of the examples I've found of the gendered configuration have been from Scottish fashion houses and I'm Scottish, so maybe we're just backwards. And apparently the US used to be gendered but isn't any longer. I don't know how I feel about this - it's as if a fundamental, universal truth has imploded :D

At least I can rest safe in the knowledge that dilemna has an m in it.

laugh OK, maybe it doesn't matter then. The people making the clothes are as confused as we are.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

In the olden days, better women's clothes took into account that often maids would dress ladies of elevated standing, and buttons, etc mirrored those on men's clothes.  What these ladies wore became the fashion standard.  Times have changed, and now zippers, buttons, etc., are often the same for men and women.

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

Sevrin said:

In the olden days, better women's clothes took into account that often maids would dress ladies of elevated standing, and buttons, etc mirrored those on men's clothes.  What these ladies wore became the fashion standard.  Times have changed, and now zippers, buttons, etc., are often the same for men and women.

Which of course means that it still matters for 3D clothing that is supposed to represent a specific time. 

• Nath said:

Sevrin said:

Which of course means that it still matters for 3D clothing that is supposed to represent a specific time. 

Maybe they're Prada :D https://www.prada.com/gb/en/womens/ready-to-wear/denim/c/10049EU