Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger thread

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

tsroemi said:

Nath said:

I found it unwieldy and counter-intuitive when I tried it. Glad others do like it though.

Oh, very sorry to hear that! I hope I'll like it more ... 

Hope so too! A new 'toy' can be so much fun! 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited August 6

Must chime in to say that I absolutely love Predatron's Tower of Solitude. It's so evocative of a model railway model ruin I've had for decades...

And the railway item..

Regards,

Richard

Faller Ruin.jpg
    1062 x 718 - 88K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,283

Ok, no one has said it yet, so I will: Slithering Pseudopod Shaders by Marshian are stunning. So many possibilities. That the first release in a while that got me almost drooling.

• joanna said:

Ok, no one has said it yet, so I will: Slithering Pseudopod Shaders by Marshian are stunning. So many possibilities. That the first release in a while that got me almost drooling.

I know exactly what you mean!  I saw it and threw it in my cart without thinking!  I'm getting it today! 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 716

The elegant lady props set is actually more expansive than is shown in the pictures! Render of the umbrellas and glasses options below, for anyone who's interested.

You'll notice that the black umbrella on the bottom left has an underside that's pink with a floral oriental style, and the white one (second from right on bottom) is black underneath. This makes no sense to me because I've never seen a two-tone umbrella like that, but okay.

00-temp render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 646K
    00-temp render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 907K
    00-temp render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 316K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

SilverGirl said:

The elegant lady props set is actually more expansive than is shown in the pictures! Render of the umbrellas and glasses options below, for anyone who's interested.

You'll notice that the black umbrella on the bottom left has an underside that's pink with a floral oriental style, and the white one (second from right on bottom) is black underneath. This makes no sense to me because I've never seen a two-tone umbrella like that, but okay.

I own a two tone umbrella (IRL). It is pink outside and black inside.

barbult said:

SilverGirl said:

Interesting! I stand corrected, and have learned something new today.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

SilverGirl said:

barbult said:

SilverGirl said:

Interesting! I stand corrected, and have learned something new today.

This isn't exactly the one I have, but for an example. look at this Amazon link. Since this is not a competing 3D content site, and I'm not trying to sell you anything, and I don't want to paste in their probably proprietary images here, I hope it is OK to just link to the "educational" example of a real product.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

Mousso never fails with her characters. Talisha shares a family resemblance with other Mousso characters, while remaining distinct.

Regards,

Richard

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690

Today's backpack looks super cute and versatile. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

was hoping to see some feedback on Kaede 9 | Daz 3D here this morning, but not a peep. 

• edited August 27

Denim!!!!! DENIM! DENIMMMM! FC2C doesn't miss!!!!  cryingblush (okay I mean the carpets are still on my wishlist I just don't really have a use for them atm ) BUT!! These denims look AMAZING !!! I almost missed them with the three email thing crying

https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-lighter-denim-mr-shader-presets 

Post edited by hestia6ciel6reme_04a418546b on
  • FC2CFC2C Posts: 40
    edited August 28

hestia6ciel6reme_04a418546b said:

Denim!!!!! DENIM! DENIMMMM! FC2C doesn't miss!!!!  cryingblush (okay I mean the carpets are still on my wishlist I just don't really have a use for them atm ) BUT!! These denims look AMAZING !!! I almost missed them with the three email thing crying

Aww thank you very much, I'm glad you like them! Quite a few people requested Denims so I hope these help some people with their creations aha. And yeah the carpet and rugs pack was quite niche, I mainly made it because I like to do low to the ground shots and I'm never quite happy with the floor textures so I'm glad I made the carpets either way aha.

Post edited by FC2C on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

FC2C said:

Aww thank you very much, I'm glad you like them! Quite a few people requested Denims so I hope these help some people with their creations aha. And yeah the carpet and rugs pack was quite niche, I mainly made it because I like to do low to the ground shots and I'm never quite happy with the floor textures so I'm glad I made the carpets either way aha.

I'm picking these up when I get home from work. I've been looking for a good denim shader set for so long. For something that so many people wear day to day, I've been amazed at how little shader options there are. Even Quixel Megascans doesn't have jean textures that I can find. So I've got my go to now, thank you. 

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 40

benniewoodell said:

FC2C said:

I'm picking these up when I get home from work. I've been looking for a good denim shader set for so long. For something that so many people wear day to day, I've been amazed at how little shader options there are. Even Quixel Megascans doesn't have jean textures that I can find. So I've got my go to now, thank you. 

Gosh thank you! I hope they can help you in your future projects! :) 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I really like the Classic Porch. It's something I totally have use for.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

It looks like a nice place to sit. smiley

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684

I really love today's golden ticket, the morphing grass patches! https://www.daz3d.com/li-elemental-dynamics--grass-patches I've been wanting rigged grass for aaaages, to get some wind blowing without having to simulate. And the pack looks absolutely massive with extra additions. Very nice offer!

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635
    edited August 30

tsroemi said:

I really love today's golden ticket, the morphing grass patches! https://www.daz3d.com/li-elemental-dynamics--grass-patches I've been wanting rigged grass for aaaages, to get some wind blowing without having to simulate. And the pack looks absolutely massive with extra additions. Very nice offer!

Just downloaded this and am so excited about testing it out :)

Edit: SOOOO pleased with this product!

Post edited by lorraineopua on

Me: Oh cool! A new G9 for the golden tickef!

Also me:....aaaaand she's got perma-pout. Sigh. Maybe something tomorrow.

edited August 31

I don't think I have a character that looks quite like this. For $3.00 I don't mind trying out the heavily um plastic surgery look? Not sure what you would call it. I like that she can be a vampire or cybernetic.

https://www.daz3d.com/hh-scarlett-for-genesis-9

Also, AM's Honey Badger looks pretty fierce:

https://www.daz3d.com/honey-badger-by-am

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Calliope23 said:

I don't think I have a character that looks quite like this. For $3.00 I don't mind trying out the heavily um plastic surgery look? Not sure what you would call it. I like that she can be a vampire or cybernetic.

I hope she winds up giving you cool results! It's clear a lot of time and thought was put into her.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited August 31

SilverGirl said:

If it's the only problem you have with the character and you think she could be a useful addition to your library, you can always use the head of another character smiley

Or keep your money of course and wait for a character that will fully catch your eyes laugh

Post edited by Elor on

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

I hope she winds up giving you cool results! It's clear a lot of time and thought was put into her.

The issue I am facing is not her lips; it's more that she's too top-heavy for the outfit I wish to dress her in; I am experimenting with the body shape sliders.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 386

Calliope23 said:

"Heavily um plastic surgery look" is a nice tactful way of saying it. I myself have a fair amount of story need for that look, but HH is also ... ah ... very consistent and on-brand with his female figures and I already own both Lexi and Belle--who are almost impossible to tell apart, and I don't remember why I bothered to buy both, though I do remember getting both extremely cheap. I am buying Scarlett because it is worth three dollars for me to get her various surface options, but in terms of shape, she brings nothing new to that particular table.

(The real winner on golden-ticket items this year so far has been the PW stuff, which is normally ungodly expensive--not just Italian Villa for three bucks but the chained discount on his other stuff. The other day I managed to finally get The Compound out of my bookmarks for about fifteen bucks, which is likely to be the lowest I would ever hope to get.)

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

If it's the only problem you have with the character and you think she could be a useful addition to your library, you can always use the head of another character smiley

Or keep your money of course and wait for a character that will fully catch your eyes laugh

The perma-pout was the one most obvious from the head-shot. Then I saw the rest of her and... 

In fairness to the art itself, my hat is totally off in respect to the craftwork that went into creating her. She is a very well-made figure. 

But to put it as politely as I can manage, my inner feminist has what my daughter calls a "buckets and buckets of frozen nope" reaction to voting 'yes' with my wallet to figures of that genre, even if I could potentially use the textures on someone else.

She somewhat reminds me of a cross between a Kardashian and a Real Housewife. Definitely looks like a celebrity. In the renders I'm getting of her so far she reads a bit older too, not a young woman. I don't have any renders I care to share yet; I'm still working on them.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 386

Calliope23 said:

She somewhat reminds me of a cross between a Kardashian and a Real Housewife. Definitely looks like a celebrity. In the renders I'm getting of her so far she reads a bit older too, not a young woman. I don't have any renders I care to share yet; I'm still working on them.

She definitely reads a bit older than Lexi and Belle to me.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited August 31

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

The issue I am facing is not her lips; it's more that she's too top-heavy for the outfit I wish to dress her in; I am experimenting with the body shape sliders.

i think part of the point is that those biguns need to poke and bulge out from the clothes, for the most part. Some post week just to keep the nipples covered at all in anything.... well, maybe elastic cloth.Be caeful, you'll poke an eye out. 

Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

Calliope23 said:

i think part of the point is that those biguns need to poke and bulge out from the clothes, for the most part. Some post week just to keep the nipples covered at all in anything.... well, maybe elastic cloth.Be caeful, you'll poke an eye out. 

@daveso Rofl. I think she's supposed to be a lingerie model, to put it politely. Um. Or something. I'm going to stop guessing.