WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER FREEBIE CHALLENGE !!!

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited September 2013

DanaTA said:
    Oooooh!! I like this one! SOOOOOO Many good car Freebies out there. Plus, ya know, GIRLS can love their wheels, too. This is an NAE of my very own 'Stang, as rendered in Vue. I'll never lose her in a parking lot! The bottom one is the real thing. I LOOOOOVE muscle. :D

Also -- Dawn is free at the moment... so we can use her? She has a lovely "young" Morph. And is she a Freebie or a No-Count?

NAE: (& a photo.) :lol:

Is that one of the Dreamland models?

Dana

Nope. DreamerZLoft. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ponygt-for-poser/68384 I retextured it so that it was my car's color.

Oh, thanks. I have that one! I also the the Chevy SS. I used it in one of the mini-challenges one year.

NAE.

Dana

The-Judge-1.jpg
    975 x 762 - 361K
    Post edited by DanaTA on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    Oooooh!! I like this one! SOOOOOO Many good car Freebies out there. Plus, ya know, GIRLS can love their wheels, too. This is an NAE of my very own 'Stang, as rendered in Vue. I'll never lose her in a parking lot! The bottom one is the real thing. I LOOOOOVE muscle. :D

Also -- Dawn is free at the moment... so we can use her? She has a lovely "young" Morph. And is she a Freebie or a No-Count?

Dana

Nope. DreamerZLoft. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ponygt-for-poser/68384 I retextured it so that it was my car's color.

Oh, thanks. I have that one! I also the the Chevy SS. I used it in one of the mini-challenges one year.

NAE.

Dana

How do they play in DS? I'm guessing most of the textures don't work but is it at least usable?

edited September 2013

Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

NAE.

Dana

How do they play in DS? I'm guessing most of the textures don't work but is it at least usable?

Mine was done in DS...I didn't have Poser Pro 2010 at the time, and have never actually done anything in Carrara Pro 7.

I haven't tried the Pony yet.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

NAE.

Dana

Mine was done in DS...I didn't have Poser Pro 2010 at the time, and have never actually done anything in Carrara Pro 7.

Dana

Thanks, added them to the wishlist.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

She can count as a freebie as long as she is free for the month of the contest.
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

NAE.

Dana

Dana

I've rendered the pony in Vue and in Poser. In Vue, I just had to adjust the surface shaders to be glossy and adjust the glass. I imagine the same would be true in DS. My entire adjustment of the car took maybe 10 minutes, including changing the color to match the one in my garage. :)

Good. Pretty sure she'll still be free that long. Thank you!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

NAE.

Dana

Dana

I've rendered the pony in Vue and in Poser. In Vue, I just had to adjust the surface shaders to be glossy and adjust the glass. I imagine the same would be true in DS. My entire adjustment of the car took maybe 10 minutes, including changing the color to match the one in my garage. :)

Good. Pretty sure she'll still be free that long. Thank you!LOL! Just here to Quote this so we can see jut how long it can get. That and to toss around these Pies.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Title: Last Run of the Summer

Paid:
    Zev0's Growing Up - morphs for both girls

Not Counted:
    Genesis w/child morph (both boys)
    Genesis 2 Female (both girls)
    Wildmane Hair (Sam's hair)
    Sally Mae Hair (Fan Girls hair)
    Plane Primitive for the finish line

Freebies:
    Samantha Hair: Wancow's Samantha Hair for Genesis *
    Samantha Shoes: Headkase's Sensible Soes 2.0 for V4 *
    Samantha Clothing: Short & Shirt for Genesis *

Sam Morphs: Die Trying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis *
    Sam Shoes: K4 Sickle Teeny Sneakers *
    Sam Shirt: 8 T-Shirts for Genesis *
    Sam Shorts: Wilmaps Genesis Football Kit *

Fan Girl Dress: G2F Childrens Dress *

Fan Boy Shirt: Sickle Snug Tank for Genesis *
    Fan Boy Shorts: Rose's Willow for V4 *
    Fan Boy Shoes: Genesis Bossy Boots *
    Fan Boy Hair: Soto's Flat Top for Genesis *

Fan Boy & Girl poses: Body Talk for Genesis: Arms *
    Fan Boy & Sam Shorts Texture: Wilmaps Assorted Textures 3 *

Carts: Soapbox Cart *
    Cat: 3DU Kitty *
    Astronaut: Mark III Spacesuit

Roadway: Open Road *
    Lights/Background: Shifting Images Mountain Scene *

I think I've gotten everything listed and tested.

Sisca, very nice entry. It fits the theme perfectly. The clothes show it is still late summer. The lighting is awesome here. It reflects off the girls face just right. Also the way you have the spokes on the buggy wheels shows motion. Just a great entry. Thanks for playing.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

:-)

SummersLastRun.png
    1920 x 1200 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Yes, you may use her. If you use the young morph, just be sure to list it so others can get it.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

SWEEEEEEEEEET!

edited September 2013

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

NAE.

Dana

**sprays monitor with coffee!**

LMAO...I remember this render because we were in the middle of a gavel war, and you posted this with my gavel for the gear shifter!!!

Too funny!

(hmmmm...he kinda looks like Keith Urban to me!)

The-Judge-1.jpg
    975 x 762 - 361K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited September 2013

Since we are talking about cars here, I want to post a link to my Car lovers thread. If you go here, and look around, you will find tons of links to free cars, also you may want to check out how we convert GTA cars over to use in DS and Poser. These GTA meshes are the best out there and free to convert and use. Here is a 1940 Ford coupe that was rendered. HOW'S THAT FOR REALISTIC!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/290/

Ford40.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 623K
    edited September 2013

Just remember, it doesn't have to be a car, since there are kids involved here, it can be anything that moves you around.

(I am sure Dorsey is gonna crack us all up with what he can come up with.)

Here is a motorcycle render I did in memory of the great "Catermeran" just after his passing. It was used on a Calander for November of that year.

SwabbiesCalander.jpg
    720 x 960 - 91K
    UnderTheBridgeRaytraceUber3Daz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 233K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Title: Last Run of the Summer

Paid:
    Zev0's Growing Up - morphs for both girls

Not Counted:
    Genesis w/child morph (both boys)
    Genesis 2 Female (both girls)
    Wildmane Hair (Sam's hair)
    Sally Mae Hair (Fan Girls hair)
    Plane Primitive for the finish line

Freebies:
    Samantha Hair: Wancow's Samantha Hair for Genesis *
    Samantha Shoes: Headkase's Sensible Soes 2.0 for V4 *
    Samantha Clothing: Short & Shirt for Genesis *

Sam Morphs: Die Trying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis *
    Sam Shoes: K4 Sickle Teeny Sneakers *
    Sam Shirt: 8 T-Shirts for Genesis *
    Sam Shorts: Wilmaps Genesis Football Kit *

Fan Girl Dress: G2F Childrens Dress *

Fan Boy Shirt: Sickle Snug Tank for Genesis *
    Fan Boy Shorts: Rose's Willow for V4 *
    Fan Boy Shoes: Genesis Bossy Boots *
    Fan Boy Hair: Soto's Flat Top for Genesis *

Fan Boy & Girl poses: Body Talk for Genesis: Arms *
    Fan Boy & Sam Shorts Texture: Wilmaps Assorted Textures 3 *

Carts: Soapbox Cart *
    Cat: 3DU Kitty *
    Astronaut: Mark III Spacesuit

Roadway: Open Road *
    Lights/Background: Shifting Images Mountain Scene *

I think I've gotten everything listed and tested.

this is a great render Sisca, I love the expressions on their faces (and that the girl won). good lighting great composer of the scene. welcome to the insanity we call the freebie challenge...

*sets out some pies in the forum so that we can get crazy and runs off*

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    Oh, yes - I am definitely not planning something based on this - treads aren't wheels. But it's amazing what Japanese cartoons will put schoolgirls into, isn't it?

Do you mean the tank? There is a box that says "Sorry our service is not available in your country", so I don't know what's in that box on the left.

Dana

Yes. The show's name translates as "Girls and Panzer," and the girls are part of the tank-warfare club in school. They fight other such clubs at other schools...

it's a thoroughly-silly premise, but the girls are cute, so guys watch the show.

Cute?

Oops, my empathy has switched itself off again... :P

I will probably not take part in this challenge - th theme is totally not my cup of tea - but I can donate something. Suggest me what kind of texture can it be (a texture for a freebie sounds reasonably enough as everybody can get it; a texture for MFD or a figure like Generation 4, A3 or Genesis too).

Sorry you don't like the theme...I thought it would be something a little different. Not all will play. I am sure any texture you pick to give will be appreciated. You will have to decide what to give though.

No worries, it just can't be that all people like exactly the same! I'll offer you some items for donation, though. I have a skin for V4, Genesis (and presumably all other characters able to take on V4 UV-mapping) and you can always let the previous files in, right?

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Yet another potentially dumb, newbie question... Blender is allowed (it's free.) There's a free bridge between Blender and Luxrender (also free) called LuxBlend (2.5 current version.) Is that okay to use? It's all totally free. I've been wanting to play in that puddle for a while now, but never had the incentive to do so. Seems like a good chance to try it. I certainly won't use it if it's not okay. And, lol, I may give up on blender before I get that far anyway! The ui kills me every time... Still, have to ask. :)

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Not exactly a theme that inspires me -- sorry; just not that into cars -- but I took a stab at it anyway. End result isn't terribly interesting, I guess, but I did have a little fun with it. Plus, it gave me an excuse to finally use the stone-aged car freebie, which I dl'd because it was cute, but had no idea what I'd ever use it for. :lol:

The list...

Akar H4/M4 *
    M4 F03+ Face Morph
    Koz Messy Hair (retextured) - click on downloads
    Horse Tail Hair
    M4 Jewelry Pack #2, necklace
    Cave Folk Kilts
    Stone Age Weapons, spear
    Soto's Expressive Skull *

Boss M4
    M4 Short Dreads *
    Ayo, from Ethnic Faces for V4 and M4 - about halfway down page
    Ug!'s skull necklace and club *
    M4 Partial Pose Kit
    Cave Folk Kilts - listed above

Alysa V4 Face Morph - toward bottom
    Wild Tail Hair
    Highlander V4, sandals * -
    V4 Partial Pose Kit
    Tropical Breeze Honu Necklace & Earrings V4
    Cave Folk Dresses and Tunics
    Cave Fur Textures

Stone-Aged Car *
    Sky Dome *
    Psill backdrop (ground retextured) - click on freestuff, then scroll to the set; fifth
    Morphing Sand Props (retextured) *

(* site requires registration)

Paid:
    M4 Morphs ++
    V4 Morphs ++

No Count, Paid:
    V4 Base
    M4 Base

No Count, Freebies:
    Akira V4 - (she was free for years, but not now)

cave-boys-and-their-toys.jpg
    2000 x 1275 - 1M
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Yet another potentially dumb, newbie question... Blender is allowed (it's free.) There's a free bridge between Blender and Luxrender (also free) called LuxBlend (2.5 current version.) Is that okay to use? It's all totally free. I've been wanting to play in that puddle for a while now, but never had the incentive to do so. Seems like a good chance to try it. I certainly won't use it if it's not okay. And, lol, I may give up on blender before I get that far anyway! The ui kills me every time... Still, have to ask. :)
    Free software has been allowed in the past, so I can't see why any of these wouldn't be allowed, as long as you provide download links to everything. But I don't speak with authority here, so this might be overruled...
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Free software has been allowed in the past, so I can't see why any of these wouldn't be allowed, as long as you provide download links to everything. But I don't speak with authority here, so this might be overruled...

The rules sticky clearly states what software is allowed in rule #5.

Kendall

edited December 1969

The thing with Blender (which is allowed) is that when you use LuxBlend to go with it suddenly you have an advantage that the others don't have which is more realistic renders. If you JUST used Blender then yes, but NO to adding LuxBlend to it.

edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    Not exactly a theme that inspires me -- sorry; just not that into cars -- but I took a stab at it anyway. End result isn't terribly interesting, I guess, but I did have a little fun with it. Plus, it gave me an excuse to finally use the stone-aged car freebie, which I dl'd because it was cute, but had no idea what I'd ever use it for. :lol:

The list...

Akar H4/M4 *
    M4 F03+ Face Morph
    Horse Tail Hair
    Cave Folk Kilts
    Stone Age Weapons, spear

Boss M4
    M4 Short Dreads *
    M4 Partial Pose Kit

Wild Tail Hair
    V4 Partial Pose Kit
    Cave Fur Textures

Stone-Aged Car *
    Sky Dome *
    Psill backdrop (ground retextured) - click on freestuff, then scroll to the set; fifth

Paid:
    M4 Morphs ++
    V4 Morphs ++

No Count, Paid:
    V4 Base
    M4 Base

No Count, Freebies:

What a great idea mmalbert. I like the use of the Flintstones mobile. good lighting and expressions.

edited December 1969

mmalbert said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=94898_C0laiWP8bJFXJsvZRt6Y&thumb=1&board_id=1

I like it! Those cars look better than I thought they would. Good lighting and kind of funny expressions. Is she hitchhiking?

Dana

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

The thing with Blender (which is allowed) is that when you use LuxBlend to go with it suddenly you have an advantage that the others don't have which is more realistic renders. If you JUST used Blender then yes, but NO to adding LuxBlend to it.

Where is the advantage if it is all free and freely available to everyone?

Dana

edited December 1969

Either way Dana, if it's not on the list in rule #5, then you can't use it. Plain and simple !

edited September 2013

jeeperz said:
    Either way Dana, if it's not on the list in rule #5, then you can't use it. Plain and simple !

Poseray? Other free utilities?

We really don't want to get into the "List all allowed software in the rules" business. Lux was allowed when the free DS Lux plugin was available. Same with the Poser Free Lux Plugin. Reality wasn't allowed because it wasn't free.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

Here we go again!

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I hereby formally resign my ETO position. I will continue to host the gallery.

Kendall

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

In T. H. White's The Book of Merlin, Arthur becomes an ant for a time, and sees the signs posted for ants that "Everything not Compulsory is Forbidden," and "Everything not Forbidden is Compulsory". I don't think either ought to be the case. The way I figure it, any free renderer should be allowed, so long as a working link is provided.

edited December 1969

Ok kids...let's clear this up quickly so we can get on with it. Here is what rule #5 says:

5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. 3rd party Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.

Here it clearly states that any items "given" free WITH app can be used but can not be counted. So, yes you can use it if it came with Blender, but you can't count it as a freebie or paid for. It is neutral. Simple huh?

Kendall...why are you resigning as an ETO? What is the problem that is so bad, you feel the need to quit? I just never saw you as a quitter, that's why I asked you to be an ETO. If I am wrong, please explain to me why you would quit. If it is over this little thing, maybe you should wait to see what I say before you quit. Please reconsider.

edited December 1969

mmalbert said:

The list...

Akar H4/M4 *
    M4 F03+ Face Morph
    Horse Tail Hair
    Cave Folk Kilts
    Stone Age Weapons, spear

Boss M4
    M4 Short Dreads *
    M4 Partial Pose Kit

Wild Tail Hair
    V4 Partial Pose Kit
    Cave Fur Textures

Stone-Aged Car *
    Sky Dome *

Paid:
    M4 Morphs ++
    V4 Morphs ++

No Count, Paid:
    V4 Base
    M4 Base

No Count, Freebies:

I love this. Flintstones revisited. This girl could give Wilma and Betty a run for their money. You need to give that club of his to Cho to add to her collection...lol. Good freebies, nice lighting.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

cave-boys-and-their-toys.jpg
    2000 x 1275 - 1M