WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER FREEBIE CHALLENGE !!!

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2013

When I saw Lord Ganthor posted something, I just had to visit this thread, even though I promised myself I won't. TOO MUCH WORK, TOO LITTLE TIME...

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

When I saw Lord Ganthor posted something, I just had to visit this thread, even though I promised myself I won't. TOO MUCH WORK, TOO LITTLE TIME...

LG posts Louie (Da real man) every month. Just wait until next month...the MMHB..he will scare the pants offa you.

:-)

edited September 2013

Just thought I would post a "sneek peek" of a few of the prizes I made for this years "Monster Mash Halloween Bash" next month. I invite everyone to come enter. I am working on getting a few PAs to donate some prizes from their stores. Anyway, here is my "Gothic Express" . With that 390 cu. in. engine in the back, it will get you to the cemetary on time! Also my "Gateway To Hell" with all the doors opening and closing. With limits on them so they close back perfectly.

GatewayToHell1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 181K
    GothicExpress1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 281K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

what a cool machine music and I love the gate to hell. can't wait for next month

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

I agree with jeepers!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2013

All Hallows' Eve is definitely more suitable for me than cars, races and so on. I'll keep an eye on the upcoming thread.

But as you said you want to ask some PAs for donating something from their shops, how will the awards be issued? Through another server or a merchant can add a product of theirs to somebody's account?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

All Hallows' Eve is definitely more suitable for me than cars, races and so on. I'll keep an eye on the upcoming thread.

But as you said you want to ask some PAs for donating something from their shops, how will the awards be issued? Through another server or a merchant can add a product of theirs to somebody's account?

If it's a DAZ PA, then there is a system for doing it. Don't worry, this has happened many times in the past, and is a seamless process. It is nothing new to the Freebie challenge to have PA sponsorship.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I do hope we get more renders than this.... At this rate, everyone will win or Hm that entered. I know why I can't enter this month but what's wrong with the rest of you? I know that September is usually a slow month, but we have only had 5 entries so far this month. Come on now all you lurkers... Let's see what you can come up with for the boys (and girls) and their toys...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hmm with odds like that I might even enter as well. Is some time since I did so. I do have an empty purse at the moment, having been a bit extravagant just lately with my 3D pennies.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2013

jeeperz said:
    I do hope we get more renders than this.... At this rate, everyone will win or Hm that entered. I know why I can't enter this month but what's wrong with the rest of you? I know that September is usually a slow month, but we have only had 5 entries so far this month. Come on now all you lurkers... Let's see what you can come up with for the boys (and girls) and their toys...

I was going to work on my render today, but... this happened this morning. I'm okay, my family's okay, but I'm in no mood to be creative right now, especially with vehicles.

Maybe next week. Maybe next month.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Dang rob, you get a pass this month, or at least this week anyway. Take care, glad you are ok

edited December 1969

Thanks, jeeperz...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

I was going to work on my render today, but... this happened this morning. I'm okay, my family's okay, but I'm in no mood to be creative right now, especially with vehicles.

That does not help with my dislike of public transportation. I'm glad you weren't on that bus, Rob! It's horrible. I'm in Massachusetts, but I bet I'll see that on the news when I go downstairs to watch it...which I'll be doing in a few minutes.

Dana

edited September 2013

This has been the slackest month in the challenge in a few years. I just wonder what ran everyone off. Maybe school.

Hang in there folks, you are doing some nice renders.

Sorry for the fall off.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

WOW! Sure hope none of your family or you was on that train/bus. Really terrifying.

:ohh:

edited September 2013

Hey Jeeperz.....Last night on Jimmy Fallon, Savannah from the Today show got it right in the kisser!

SPLAT!

SavannahPieFace.jpg
    260 x 195 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Shucks I missed it .... Oh well I'll set out some pies and see what happens. I'm off for most of the day again see everyone later

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

WOW! Sure hope none of your family or you was on that train/bus. Really terrifying.

:ohh:I drove into work that day. My father was on the bus ahead of that one, on the same bus route... So, yeah, we were very lucky.

But, gosh-darn it, I'm not leaving this month's entry half-finished. It'll just be a bit later than I wanted.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

"But, Dad! Think of the possibilities...!"

The Dad:

Genesis Figure (No Count)

1.) DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used on Both Figures.

2.) RAMWolff's Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Both Figures.

3.) George for M4 Texture Only. Registration Required.

4.) Mitch Hair

5.) Genesis Shirt and Dungarees Registration Required. Shirt Only.

6.) Genesis Jeans Registration Required.

7.) Stonewashed for Wilmaps Jeans for Genesis Registration Required.

8.) Medhue Jeans UV Morphs Registration Required.

9.) Bossy Boots 2.0 for Genesis Registration Required.

10.) DSA Baseball Cap Registration Required.

The Boy:

11.) Jamie Hair Model & Textures

12.) Textures for April YHS's Jamie Hair Registration Required.

13.) Ashlan-for-Michael4 Registration Required. Skin Texture Only.

14.) Genesis Swimwear 2 Registration Reqired. Shorts.

15.) 8 TShirts for Genesis Registration Required.

16.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh Registration Required.

The Props:

17.) Chevrolet C10 4th Row, 4th Item. Lightwave Format. Converted and Retextured in Bryce 7.

18.) Jerry Cans & Fuel drums Registration Required.

19.) Goat Shack Accessories(Updated) Registration Required. Pallet, Cinder blocks and Scrap Wood.

20.) Chainlink Set Registration Requried. Scroll Down to 2009 Section, 1st Row, 3rd Item.

21.) Street Construction Set - T Intersection Add-On Registration Required.

22.) Street Construction Set - UPDATE FIX - Phone Poles Registration Required.

The buildings in the background are a very old freebie from Rendo called The Bowery which, sadly, is no longer available so far as I know.

All 3DS format items converted to .obj format for import into Studio by using PoserRay, available at PoserRay Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

As always, figure set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

But,_Dad!.jpg
    799 x 543 - 459K
    edited December 1969

For your consideration, Music, my entry. Critique if you wish.

Title:
    A Boy's New Interest
    "Oh Billy, where did you get such a nice bike?"
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6. Post work to add signature only.
    Figures: Genesis

Freebies

Billy and Emma: Morphs * Tween Morphs for Genesis by Murgatroyed.
    Billy and Emma: Shoes * Sensible Shoes 2.0 GENESIS by Varsel.
    Billy: Hair * Soto's Flat Top for Genesis by Hellyboy.
    Billy: Pants Texture * Stonewashed for Wilmap's Jeans for Genesis by palin11.
    Emma: Bracelet Gum Gewels by trumarcar.
    Emma: Hair PonyTail Hair for DAZ-3d Victoria by Kozaburo. Select downloads 8th down
    Clothing:
    Billy: Pants * Genesis Jeans by Wilmap.
    Emma: Skirt * Genesis 50's Style Outfit by Wilmap.
    Emma: Top * Genesis Twin Set by Wilmap.
    Billy: shirt * Genesis T-Shirts by Wilmap.

Dog * Millennium Dog LE by DAZ 3D.

Tree: apple Apple 3D Model by Eliza Galeman.
    Tree: Apple Tree Apple-tree 3D Model #4 by Valery Korneev.
    Tree: Yellow Leaves New Fallen Leaves Set by Sannzi.
    Environment: Weeds Grass #9 by Drew Costigan.
    Weeds Grass #10 by Drew Gostigan.
    Environment: Vine * Vertical Ivy Poser and DAZ Studio by vcernicek.

Environment: Fence * Garden Pack by SAMS3D.
    Environment: Ground * The Streets Part 6 by 3dc.
    Environment: Sky and lights * Sky dome by glaseye. Lights are here.
    Environment: Trash Cola with morph by trekkiegrrrl. 9th down
    Pose:
    Billy and Emma: Pose * Hand Jive for Genesis by katastrophe.
    Billy and Emma: Pose * Body Talk for Genesis: Arms by katastrophe.
    Billy and Emma: Pose * Body Talk for Genesis: Legs by katastrophe.

Prop: Bike * Bicycle - Old military by Papus3d.
    Prop: Bike Card * ep-card by aemi1970.
    Prop: Clip on Card 3Zi_Clothespin by sannzi.

No Longer Available

Environment: Street Sign Street Signs by Eric VanDycke. RuntimeDNA
    Environment: Paperbox Paper Box by Eric VanDycke. RuntimeDNA
    Environment: Hydrant Hydrant by Eric VanDycke. RuntimeDNA
    Billy and Emma: Pose Fighting Faces - Genesis by Matrix3D. Matrix3D pulled all of their pose files down from ShareCG.
    Software: Conversion PoseRay by flyerx. Used to convert .3ds files to obj files

Paid fors

Billy and Emma: Morphs * Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs by DAZ 3D.
    Environment: Flowers Lisa's Botanicals - A Curious Respite by Lisa's Botanicals.

* - Site requires free registration

DAZ.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 490K
    edited September 2013

The Dad:

1.) DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required. Used on Both Figures.

2.) RAMWolff's Ultimate Morph pack for Genesis 01! Registration Required. Used on Both Figures.

4.) Mitch Hair

The Boy:

The Props:

17.) Chevrolet C10 4th Row, 4th Item. Lightwave Format. Converted and Retextured in Bryce 7.

19.) Goat Shack Accessories(Updated) Registration Required. Pallet, Cinder blocks and Scrap Wood.

20.) Chainlink Set Registration Requried. Scroll Down to 2009 Section, 1st Row, 3rd Item.

The buildings in the background are a very old freebie from Rendo called The Bowery which, sadly, is no longer available so far as I know.

All 3DS format items converted to .obj format for import into Studio by using PoserRay, available at PoserRay Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

As always, figure set-up in Daz Studio 4.6 with final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

NOW DA'S WHUT i'MA TALKIN' BOUT!

I still have the Bowery myself. I like the way you put the old 1968 Camaro billboard ad. very cool. Da kid's rite cha know!

ENTRY ACCEPTED

But,_Dad!.jpg
    799 x 543 - 459K
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Title:
    A Boy's New Interest

Freebies

Emma: Hair PonyTail Hair for DAZ-3d Victoria by Kozaburo. Select downloads 8th down
    Clothing:

Pose:

No Longer Available

Billy and Emma: Pose Fighting Faces - Genesis by Matrix3D. Matrix3D pulled all of their pose files down from ShareCG.

Paid fors

Environment: Flowers Lisa's Botanicals - A Curious Respite by Lisa's Botanicals.

Fits the theme perfectly. Very nice render. I love the lighting. Also his expression.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

BillysBike.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 490K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Okay...but remember, you asked for it...

This is a lovely piece of work, in my opinion. Everything about it works. The lighting, the shadows, figure placement and posing are top notch. I particularly like the camera angle on this one as it gives a nice, all encompassing view. Dare I say it that there's a nice "warm and fuzzy" element of nostalgia to this piece without it being schmaltzy or cloying. In short...charming.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

This is a lovely piece of work, in my opinion. Everything about it works. The lighting, the shadows, figure placement and posing are top notch. I particularly like the camera angle on this one as it gives a nice, all encompassing view. Dare I say it that there's a nice "warm and fuzzy" element of nostalgia to this piece without it being schmaltzy or cloying. In short...charming.

Wow, you really know how to tell somebody something, LG...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Oh gosh! (Digs her toe in the dirt.) Thanks. But in truth I was singing Don't sit under the Apple Tree while I was putting the render together. Is that too mushy?

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Fits the theme perfectly. Very nice render. I love the lighting. Also his expression.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Thanks Music. Yeah I suck at expressions but the fighting expression pack for Genesis has some really nice ones. I went back to see if there were any more and was bummed out when not only their ShareCG account was empty but their website was gone too. You know after collecting freebies for the past four years I would learn to investigate each package before saying oh I will never use that kind of thing in my renders. There are so many little gems.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Sits back, thinks hard to myself, I so hope all the quite means folks are rendering. The Jade needs more pretty pictures to looky loo at.

Well done to all so far... I'll not list Favs as that would show favs...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

The Dad:

4.) Mitch Hair

The Boy:

The Props:

LG you do wonders with Bryce. I never could get hair and stuff to look good in Bryce. another great one

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Title:
    A Boy's New Interest

Freebies

Clothing:

Pose:

No Longer Available

Paid fors

I agree, this one just has a feel to it. great lighting dollygirl.
    edited December 1969

sorry to not get these yesterday. was off having fun celebrating my birthday. I won't tell you how old I am but it has a zero at the end (and it's NOT triple didgets). I'd like to say it has a 3 at the beginning.... but.... yeah can't say that one.....my daughter hit the big 40 last year.