ShareCG site problems?

Comments

• WizzardWizzard Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

As of the above timestamp, SharCG is unavailiable, I get a timeout mon the page load, reguardless of how I access.
    Exemplar: front page, grouping (I.E. Poser) or individual person (I.E.Ghastly) [Great stuff as always by the bye].
    Wasnt there something about redoing the servers posted there a while ago?

anyways, give them time they'll be back.
    Cheers

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Wizzard said:
    As of the above timestamp, SharCG is unavailiable, I get a timeout mon the page load, reguardless of how I access.
    Exemplar: front page, grouping (I.E. Poser) or individual person (I.E.Ghastly) [Great stuff as always by the bye].
    Wasnt there something about redoing the servers posted there a while ago?

anyways, give them time they'll be back.
    Cheers

I don't know. I hope that's all it is. The greater majority of freebies I use for the monthly freebie challenges here come from ShareCG.
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! SchareCG is back up!!!!!

:cheese:

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

It is back, day without ShareCG is a bit bad :)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

Yeah, its back!... and I owe someone at DAZ an apology... I can access the forums again from my computer... humph!... Remarkable!
    Maybe I'll start annoying people here again if this holds up!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    ... I have also noticed that if I haven't installed the latest shockwave flash the site also doesn't loads correctly. It actually tells you to install the latest shockwave flash for the site to work as it once happened to me trying to open ShareCG after my pc was formatted some years ago! ...

You can ignore that message. The site isn't as pretty without Flash, but the content - the stuff we actually visit the site to get - is still accessible.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Yeah, its back!... and I owe someone at DAZ an apology... I can access the forums again from my computer... humph!... Remarkable!

Hmmmmm, I don't know, I find you amusing, not annoying. :coolsmirk:
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Hmmmmm, I don't know, I find you amusing, not annoying. :coolsmirk:
    ^This.
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited November 2014

Is sharecg down again ? I can not visit this site today.

Post edited by Roland4 on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited December 1969

It happens every day for me - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's been like this for quite a while. I just put it down to "the internet" - a well-known cause for all manner of strange problems. If it doesn't work I go away and come back later. Eventually I catch it when it's working... :)

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014

It's gone down again (it was working fine earlier) - it smacks of these Cloud Server bandwidth issues which started plaguing the interweb about a year ago... except with those you'd get a lovely "Cloud Server Bandwidth exceeded" page with a picture of a happy cloud with a big red cross through it.

Maybe the cloudserver people were getting too much hate mail, and you just get that 'connection timeout' page now which doesn't offer any particular target to fire complaints at! :D

I'm emailing ShareCG tech support to find out what's going on

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for mailing.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited December 1969

On my side today also off again ... first time since June (see earlier messages here). Google chrome just leaves a message:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.sharecg.com

Try reloading: www.­sharecg.­com

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Not working for me either.

That's why I moved all my stuff onto my own website.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited December 1969

It's ok for me, at the moment.

• edited December 1969

It worked fine for me yesterday, but this morning it just times out every time I try and connect. They are a major source for my freebie addiction so I hope they get back up soon.

edited December 1969

It still be down.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

It just now started working for me...

edited December 1969

Working now again fine on my side too! :)

• amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

:( still not available from my location, and anyway, I've connection problem with that site most of the time. That's why I moved all my stuff to dA.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

ShareCG has been like a yo-yo for me this half-week - up, then down, then up, then down, ...

There are too many possible reasons for this for me to begin to speculate as to why.

edited December 1969

Still down. I there a better Site to share models or scenes with others.

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Yesterday evening was up again, now it is down again.

Instead of sharecg, what about a free account on deviantArt?

edited November 2014

latego said:
    Yesterday evening was up again, now it is down again.

Instead of sharecg, what about a free account on deviantArt?

I think it is not possible to upload my Bryce scene files. It looks that i can only images upload.

I can no longer access sharecg since 3 days.

Post edited by Roland4 on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,735
    edited December 1969

Sharecg is out for 2 day for me. I'm in Italy and use Chrome.

@Roland4 : you can upload file in Deviantart and use image as preview. A lot of people make this.

edited December 1969

@Roland4 : you can upload file in Deviantart and use image as preview. A lot of people make this.

How i make this ? I need a little bit help.

edited December 1969

When I logged in now also off again. Aren't they perhaps working on the site? I can remember when this has happened the last time in June this year there was a quite annoying advert box which appeared first on opening ShareCG and afterwards when they went online again the ad was gone. Well, hopefully it's the reason that they are busy doing fixing as recently there were a few times another advert made its appearance again.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:

On the "Submit deviation" page, add a zipped file first and after it is embedded, add preview - an image.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:

On the "Submit deviation" page, add a zipped file first and after it is embedded, add preview - an image.

Thanks for help.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Roland4 said:

Thanks for help.

My pleasure, should you need anything, let me know, I use DA on a regular basis.

As for the problems with ShareCG... They persist for me too. It's been like four or five days.