ShareCG site problems?

12346»

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thanks for info about ShareAEC, it looks good. Will try it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2014

I'm making this a separate post because I don't know if asking this is violating the TOS, but I just read the earlier posts about possible DNS tampering which I guess I just glossed over before...
    Having read that, am I correct in interpreting what is being said as being DNS Spoofing or cache poisoning?
    If this is what the evidence is suggesting, should we be concerned about attempting to contact the site till this is all sorted out?
    I'd appreciate if someone explains this as I only have a very basic understanding of what goes on with that.
    Sorry if asking that is verging on violating TOS, but having just read that I did not want to jump to conclusions, but if it is a risk to people with less secure computers, perhaps it would be a good idea if they were aware and could decide for themselves if they should continue to attempt contact with the site until this is sorted out.
    Sorry if this is a foolish question.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102
    edited December 1969

They are the same company.

© 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
    595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
    +1 (408) 850-9201 — Contact Us
    ShareCG™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

© 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
    595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
    +1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us
    ShareAEC™ is a trademark of Internet Business Systems, Inc.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited November 2014

Gosh, when I have started this thread in April 2014 already, I never would thought it will reach 11 pages as standing today (13 November 2014) ... just show how many times this year ShareCG had login problems!

But the strangest thing now this time round is I can only login at night! During day time Google just leaves messages that it can't connect to ShareCG - really odd as to what difference does it make whether day or night? Really strange! :roll:

Post edited by launok on
  • BiolukeBioluke Posts: 26
    edited November 2014

I'm not sure why but there are particular times of day during the week where I experience an intense lag trying to log into ShareCG. At first I'd chalked it up to my Comcast router being finicky but skimming this thread... now it is sounding like that it may be due to a problem on that site's hosts' side. Weird.

Post edited by Bioluke on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

It is working for me now here in the northeastern USA... :)

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014

Just turned on this morning - I've received another couple of replies from ShareCG, basically saying that the IP address is now fixed for all instances, and including a screenshot of the http://ping.eu/nslookup/ page showing www.sharecg.com correctly resolved to 66.220.4.54 (the same IP that latego gave back in post #138 )

I tried it myself at http://ping.eu/nslookup/ and I get the same, i.e. www.sharecg.com ---> 66.220.4.54
    Also ping and traceroute* now seem to be working fine from that site - can other people confirm that other similar sites are resolving correctly. And can you also verify that whatever DNS servers you're using are now resolving correctly too?

No problems last night or this morning accessing the site (although it's occasionally been slow).

*Edit for clarification - traceroute gives me 10 hops, then "No reply for 3 hops. Assuming we reached firewall." - this is similar to results for Renderosity and RDNA. DAZ gets 7 successful hops ending at cloudflare... (don't ask me what any of that means though! ;) )

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

It's working for me.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Just turned on this morning - I've received another couple of replies from ShareCG, basically saying that the IP address is now fixed for all instances, and including a screenshot of the http://ping.eu/nslookup/ page showing www.sharecg.com correctly resolved to 66.220.4.54)
    Hooray! Great to hear the site has stabilized :) I never realized how much I missed being able to log onto it.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    Gosh, when I have started this thread in April 2014 already, I never would thought it will reach 11 pages as standing today (13 November 2014) ... just show how many times this year ShareCG had login problems!

But the strangest thing now this time round is I can only login at night! During day time Google just leaves messages that it can't connect to ShareCG - really odd as to what difference does it make whether day or night? Really strange! :roll:

It works for me now! :)

As for how many times this year Sharecg had problems ... the number of messages and pages here just shows how much we like this possibility to share ... it was only three times (April, June and now November).

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

If you have modified your hosts file don't delete the line for sharecg.com but comment it with a # sign as the first character. The best way not to have a problem occur is by being fully able to handle it :lol:.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited December 1969

I was able to get on several times very late last night, I didn't download or upload anything, as I was only checking if it was back up... But early this morning and right now, all I get is timeouts.
    I suppose I need a time out, but I was hoping the problem was fixed...
    David Heller left?
    I wonder what really goes on over there... I tried to find an email from him that linked to an "open letter to ShareCG members"... I think it was some sort of explanation of what was going on at the time back then... now it just leads to the page and a 404 error notice... but I believe it sorta said who he was and what it was like there, what they hoped to do, given their resources... I'm pretty sure thats how I got the impression of him being the owner and SCG being his pet project, one man show kinda thing... maybe I blended that with someone's post or second hand info on him at the time... But that surprised me to hear he left... but then again I just found out a week or so ago that a very well known artist/modeler (at one time) who everyone thought had died of cancer, probably did not and actually went missing a year after he was supposed to have died... weird... Well, at least I admit I'm crazy, so thats right out front there... oh well.
    Whatever... its just the internet...
    Well, I hope this clears up soon, whomever is running the show.

Edited to add- This probably means nothing, but when I did get on last night, it was quickly, and that ugly weird banner was gone...

David's apparently working on his own projects, things like video production, and you'll still find occasional posts from him on other IBSystems sites.

I remember the open letter - it was a nice personal touch. Since David left I still get good, prompt responses to most* of my queries but that personal touch has gone.

*Still hoping that they'll implement a 'Random' option for viewing any categories! :)

• launoklaunok Posts: 793

I have started this thread quite some time ago.

Since yesterday I can't get into the site.  I am set to be logged in for 2 weeks at the site.  

Capture - sharecg down.JPG
    1366 x 768 - 68K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

I haven't been able to access it today either

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Me either.  It's probably my fault; sorry...

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Yep, seems to be down. Maybe their new "lets just use Google" search function?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

If it was down it seems to be back now