UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

Plug-ins are not content, they have to go in the plugins folder of the application folder (the daz Studio executable file). The original Ultra Scenery was a script, not a plug-in, and that can go anywhere content can go (as can the content for US2). The package with an operating system in the name (e.g. Win64) is the plug-in, which would be a pain to install manually, the big zip with a regular name is the content, which the plug-in will expect to be in the correct place within a content directory though it doesn't care where the content directory is.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

Richard Haseltine said:

Plug-ins are not content, they have to go in the plugins folder of the application folder (the daz Studio executable file). The original Ultra Scenery was a script, not a plug-in, and that can go anywhere content can go (as can the content for US2). The package with an operating system in the name (e.g. Win64) is the plug-in, which would be a pain to install manually, the big zip with a regular name is the content, which the plug-in will expect to be in the correct place within a content directory though it doesn't care where the content directory is.

The OP also has UltraSceneryXT, which is also a plugin and apparently works with his setup.

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 393

It installed fine for me. My content and Studio install are on different drives. I specified in the DIM settings where those items should go, and it works fine.

• ulrichmschaeferulrichmschaefer Posts: 24
    edited May 29

Dear Doctor Jellybean,

thank you for the advice but excatly this is was i am trying since hours now ! And even manually and by Daz Install Manager.

But always i get this strange error !

Can it be, that Daz sold me a version with error ?!? Well normally it can´t be and i should have the same files as everybody which bought and downloaded the product.

So i really don´t understand it.  

Post edited by ulrichmschaefer on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 393

benniewoodell said:

In the video that's on the sales page, when the camera is moving, it appears as if the water is moving. I could be very wrong and it's just the camera movement, so I'm just wondering if it's just me or if it really has that capability now. 

I was wondering that too.

Still wondering about the "atmospheres" shown in the promo section. Where are they?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Steel Rat said:

benniewoodell said:

In the video that's on the sales page, when the camera is moving, it appears as if the water is moving. I could be very wrong and it's just the camera movement, so I'm just wondering if it's just me or if it really has that capability now. 

I was wondering that too.

Still wondering about the "atmospheres" shown in the promo section. Where are they?

Yes, I've been asking myself this too, and I'm also still waiting for a list of included landscape features and ecologies. If someone owned only USC2 and no classic content - what would they see, what would they be able to create? 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Having fun with this. Working on an update for Oso Alien Scenery

• Problem solved !

Thank to you Richard Haseltine and Doctor Jellybean.

So the Plugins must really installed at the Harddrive where the main Programm of Daz3D is installed ! So because of my manual installation i have also the Plugins of the Ultra Scenery Products on other harddrives installed, but Daz3D works only with those at the main directory. So probably i had "UltrasceneryXT" in past also installed by the DAZ Install Manager, which back then still choosed the drive where the Daz3D main Program was installed. I had changed that. After i looked in the "about installed plugins" again with details, everything became clear. So i changed it back and tried to install again.

Now it runs !

Thank you very much Richard Haseltine and Doctor Jellybean.      

Solved !.jpg
    1194 x 714 - 174K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

barbult said:

@Ghosty12 Stone Bridges worked OK for me. I used Stone Bridge 4 and Britain 4. Which feature and ecology are you using?

FWIW, the first scene I tried to start was with the stone bridge and it crashed my DAZ Studio as well. I'm not at my DAZ computer right now, don't recall any settings, except I was trying out a size 128m landscape. Am planning on taking Friday off work to play properly.

@barbult  - seeing your successful use of it helps me in troubleshooting so thank you!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 29

Another US2 with the custom height map.

us2test06.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1023K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755

Pretty good discount.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 174016.png
    768 x 381 - 57K
    edited May 29

First try..........aaannnnd Daz crashes.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 180110.png
    1900 x 784 - 1M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

Who else is using 4.22.0.16? As in USC1 - apparently since upgrading my main Daz instance to that version from 4.21 earlier this month - I'm still having performance issues that make it effectively impossible to enjoy testing USC2. Spoils all the fun. sad

If I create a scene in USC2 in my 4.22.0.16 instance, save it, render it, and then try the same scene in my beta instance (4.22.1.88) the latter ballparks around 10-20 times faster at rendering it, depending on content. (Example - one scene took 8 minutes, 27 seconds to render in 4.22.0.16 and 34 seconds to render in 4.22.1.88). Same computer, same drivers, same scene, same files. Are others having this issue? If not, can we collaborate on config and settings?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Who else is using 4.22.0.16? As in USC1 - apparently since upgrading my main Daz instance to that version from 4.21 earlier this month - I'm still having performance issues that make it effectively impossible to enjoy testing USC2. Spoils all the fun. sad

If I create a scene in USC2 in my 4.22.0.16 instance, save it, render it, and then try the same scene in my beta instance (4.22.1.88) the latter ballparks around 10-20 times faster at rendering it, depending on content. (Example - one scene took 8 minutes, 27 seconds to render in 4.22.0.16 and 34 seconds to render in 4.22.1.88). Same computer, same drivers, same scene, same files. Are others having this issue? If not, can we collaborate on config and settings?

Do you by any chance have Look At My Hair (LAMH) installed in the slow DS version? I found it to somehow conflict with USC2 and make USC2 extremely slow. I was not using LAMH, so I completely uninstalled that plugin. After uninstalling LAMH with DIM, I restarted DS. That restored the normal speed to USC2. I am not using the DS versions you listed, though. Please check the Installed Plugins list in the slow DS version. There could be other conflicts that I have not discovered.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

Nope on LAMH or Heat, which seems to have caused a lot of slowness for some who tried it; was just reading up on the thread for 4.22.

Unless the problem is inherent to 4.22.0.16 - which would affect everybody, and I know a couple of people on this thread are using 4.22 - or there are driver differences between what is suitable for release 4.22.0.16 and beta 4.22.1.88, it almost certainly would have to be a plug-in (that didn't affect 4.21), a configuration or setting difference, or something to do with the extra paths that my main Daz instance has, which I never bothered to set up with the beta install.

As of mid-May when I first ran into the issue, I had not installed a new plug-in since early February. Certainly I used USC in those months and would've noticed. Can I just uncheck plug-ins in About Installed Plugins and test without them? Does one have to do that and restart Daz? (Is doing that likely to mangle Daz and plugins??)

Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing constant crashes from USXT2. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Nope on LAMH or Heat, which seems to have caused a lot of slowness for some who tried it; was just reading up on the thread for 4.22.

Unless the problem is inherent to 4.22.0.16 - which would affect everybody, and I know a couple of people on this thread are using 4.22 - or there are driver differences between what is suitable for release 4.22.0.16 and beta 4.22.1.88, it almost certainly would have to be a plug-in (that didn't affect 4.21), a configuration or setting difference, or something to do with the extra paths that my main Daz instance has, which I never bothered to set up with the beta install.

As of mid-May when I first ran into the issue, I had not installed a new plug-in since early February. Certainly I used USC in those months and would've noticed. Can I just uncheck plug-ins in About Installed Plugins and test without them? Does one have to do that and restart Daz? (Is doing that likely to mangle Daz and plugins??)

I am running 4.22.1.136 Public Build. It seems fine. I do not have 4.22.0.16 installed.

AnEye4Art said:

Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing constant crashes from USXT2. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

The new product is not an XT product. I think you meant to say USC2. Constant crashing does not seem to be a commonly reported problem. Can you give more explicit details about what versions of software you are using and what you are doing that triggers the crash.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526
    edited May 30

AnEye4Art said:

This might have already been suggested, but did you set Render Settings Instancing Optimization to Memory (vs speed or auto)?

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited May 30

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

Awesome thank you for your help, had to wonder what I was doing wrong. smiley The one thing though that I have found is that USC1 ecologies such as trees and the like do not show up when used in USC2. They do show up when rendering but you can't see where the trees and what not will be.

@Ghosty12 You just need to cick the little eye icon in the preveiw column of the layer you want to preview in the viewport. The two columns are R for render and V or viewport. Click the eye in the V column.

Thank you for the info, missing such a simple setting. lol

barbult said:

@Ghosty12 Stone Bridges worked OK for me. I used Stone Bridge 4 and Britain 4. Which feature and ecology are you using?

I think it was stone bridge 1 or 4 not sure which as was just testing things out. But have come up against an issue where using a classic ecology and classic features, if I change any of them causes USC 2 to not update the scene properly. And in doing so will leave the previous scene still showing, and even pressing the - sign to have USC2 to delete the scene has issues on my end.

I did a reinstall of all the USC1 content to make sure any issues had been removed, and that the scene updating is working properly now. smiley But I have found if I switch between USC1 features too often it can cause Daz Studio to crash.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Ghosty12 said:

barbult said:

I think it was stone bridge 1 or 4 not sure which as was just testing things out. But have come up against an issue where using a classic ecology and classic features, if I change any of them causes USC 2 to not update the scene properly. And in doing so will leave the previous scene still showing, and even pressing the - sign to have USC2 to delete the scene has issues on my end.

I did a reinstall of all the USC1 content to make sure any issues had been removed, and that the scene is updating is working properly now. smiley But I have found if I switch between USC1 features too often it can cause Daz Studio to crash.

I've seen crashes too, when changing features, but it is never a repeatable scenario that I can document for troubleshooting. It seem to happen kind of randomly. It could be a DS problem handling the addition and deletion of so much data quickly. I don't know. If you can reliably reproduce it on demand, I'm sure HowieFarkes would be interested in investigating what the cause is.

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

barbult said:

I did a reinstall of all the USC1 content to make sure any issues had been removed, and that the scene updating is working properly now. smiley But I have found if I switch between USC1 features too often it can cause Daz Studio to crash.

I've seen crashes too, when changing features, but it is never a repeatable scenario that I can document for troubleshooting. It seem to happen kind of randomly. It could be a DS problem handling the addition and deletion of so much data quickly. I don't know. If you can reliably reproduce it on demand, I'm sure HowieFarkes would be interested in investigating what the cause is.

Thank you will keep that in mind, it is a weird thing I can change features say about 3 or so times and no issue. But if I change again then yeah Studio decides to throw a wobbly and crash, it does make me wonder if as you said Daz Studio can't handle so many changes so often. But other than that I do love USC2 just found not to go too large with the scenes. As even with my new beast of a computer it struggles, I did a scene that I had extended to 256 and it took about 4 minutes before it even started to render.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208
    edited May 30

Ghosty12 said:

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

Awesome thank you for your help, had to wonder what I was doing wrong. smiley The one thing though that I have found is that USC1 ecologies such as trees and the like do not show up when used in USC2. They do show up when rendering but you can't see where the trees and what not will be.

@Ghosty12 You just need to cick the little eye icon in the preveiw column of the layer you want to preview in the viewport. The two columns are R for render and V or viewport. Click the eye in the V column.

I have no idea what you mean Barb... I have the V checked and i still don't see any trees in my Iray preview.  :(

found it ..never mind.. You all use different wording... It is in ECOLOGY LAYERS ... got it

ULTRASCENERY2 TEST no trees in preview.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 311K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Ghosty12 said:

barbult said:

Ghosty12 said:

barbult said:

Thank you will keep that in mind, it is a weird thing I can change features say about 3 or so times and no issue. But if I change again then yeah Studio decides to throw a wobbly and crash, it does make me wonder if as you said Daz Studio can't handle so many changes so often. But other than that I do love USC2 just found not to go too large with the scenes. As even with my new beast of a computer it struggles, I did a scene that I had extended to 256 and it took about 4 minutes before it even started to render.

I have a 6 year old computer that is not a beast, and I have seen up to 16 minutest before it started to render a large scene with USC2. Smaller scenes are pretty fast. It depends on the ecology you choose, too. Some are more demanding that others. It takes some time to quit, too. I think DS is not efficient at cleaning up all that stuff from memory. When you count all the instances, there can be hundreds of thousands of things in the scene. I once saw over a million "fallen leaves", I think it was, or maybe it was road pebbles. Anyway, keep an eye on the instance count in the USC2 Layers section and turn off ones that are not very visible or needed, it there are too many instances.

Another thing I did find is that some of the USC1 content, such as the stone bridge and the like, does not like the terrain area to go beyond 64 x 64. As tried 128 x 128 and well the bridge does not take into account the new terrain size and as such looks weird. smiley

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

Ghosty12 said:

Another thing I did find is that some of the USC1 content, such as the stone bridge and the like, does not like the terrain area to go beyond 64 x 64. As tried 128 x 128 and well the bridge does not take into account the new terrain size and as such looks weird. smiley

Well documented as the the classics are not defined for larger grounds. 

edited May 30

The one thing I do like is that when using USC2 base content, the scene starts to render a lot faster. Have yet to really time it but a USC2 scene with USC1 content seems to take longer for the rendering to start.

Just did a test on how long it takes, using the USC2 River 04 terrain, with USC2 Woodland 01 Ecology Preset time it took to start rendering was around about 40 seconds. Now if I add in Classic TA Willows 01 Preset, the time it takes to start rendering is about 3 minutes. So a very big difference in render start up time, even when I removed the USC2 Woodland 01 Ecology Preset, and just had the Classic TA Willows 01 Preset. The start time for rendering was still nearly 3 minutes, so love to know what magic is in the new USC2 content.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

So, I've documented my steps 1-4 that leads up to Daz constantly crashing. And it happens everytime I try to apply a terrain preset.

1.png
    517 x 281 - 22K
    2.png
    2445 x 731 - 633K
    3.png
    1681 x 607 - 409K
    4.png
    518 x 200 - 27K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 30

I have only tried resolution of 128 with US2 and it works great on Daz Studio Beta 4.22.1.136

No problems so far.

Post edited by Artini on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

AnEye4Art said:

So, I've documented my steps 1-4 that leads up to Daz constantly crashing. And it happens everytime I try to apply a terrain preset.

Sounds like a "running out of memory" issue to me