UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,615

Are there any guidelines on how much computer power you need for UltraScenery 2? I've got a fairly old computer, 6 core i7 with 12GB and a GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB Vram. It does Iray as long as I don't try anything too complex and it runs UtraScenery and UltraScenery XT but this version sounds like it might need a lot more computer power. Is anyone running UltraScenery 2 on a system anything like mine?

• drucdruc Posts: 399

That information picture posted by DoctorJellybean is accessed by clicking the ? symbol top right of the Studio window. (who would have thought that would have information)  smiley and there is the manuel, inside Daz Studio.

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 41

One Issue I have with it is, it keeps resetting the translation/rotation of the UltraScenery2 object.

I make scenes and rotate/shift things to get the preview camera and ground at origin into a useful location for later use.

Suggestions:

If there is a UltraScenery2 object in the scene auto select it when in the plugin tab.  That way its filled in and ready to use.

Allow piece meal selection of Ecology items from classic ecologies to be added singly.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited May 29

druc said:

Ghosty12 said:

So my first attempt with USC2 and it is awesome, I did find that some of the classic content in this case the stone bridges caused Studio to crash. Still working out how to get some of the classic biomes to show up properly as tried using one of the Australian presets and nothing happened. Also found will want to be careful how big of a scene you go, as even with my R9 7900X3D, 64GB ram and RTX 4070Ti Super, moving around a large scene got a bit laggy.

Select your terrain, use a USC2 one from the drop down box, set your size etc, up to 256 (mtrs) then go to "classic content panel" and choose one of the Australian ecologies. My first render, not very good, then I read the .PDF that came with it. :)

Awesome thank you for your help, had to wonder what I was doing wrong. smiley The one thing though that I have found is that USC1 ecologies such as trees and the like do not show up when used in USC2. They do show up when rendering but you can't see where the trees and what not will be.

DoctorJellybean said:

Ghosty12 said:

So my first attempt with USC2 and it is awesome, I did find that some of the classic content in this case the stone bridges caused Studio to crash.

What is the version number of the USC2 plugin?

The stone bridges are from a USC1 product.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

My first USC2 render. I think the overall quality of the objects has improved. The overall end result, not sure there is much difference as far as how the path flows , etc. It would be great if it were possible to change the curves, split it off into the woods, forks,  bank it a bit, washed out areas, whatever. 

I foresee a ton of new products for this as the terrains and ecologies are limited right now.  Atmospheres would really be a great addition. As you can see from this render, there is a huge blank spot from ground to sky, which can be covered by XT or draw back camra, etc ... but built in would be really great. Or even an ocean terrain. 

usc2 test-5.png
    1280 x 960 - 2M
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

daveso said:

My first USC2 render. I think the overall quality of the objects has improved. The overall end result, not sure there is much difference as far as how the path flows , etc. It would be great if it were possible to change the curves, split it off into the woods, forks,  bank it a bit, washed out areas, whatever. 

I foresee a ton of new products for this as the terrains and ecologies are limited right now.  Atmospheres would really be a great addition. As you can see from this render, there is a huge blank spot from ground to sky, which can be covered by XT or draw back camra, etc ... but built in would be really great. Or even an ocean terrain. 

I believe there are add-ons in the pipeline

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 479

Hi, so can US 2 use the products for us 1? I have read through the pages but I am very unclear what the difference really is at this point. Any clarifications appreciated. Oh and can it work with XT like the original can?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

Choppski said:

Hi, so can US 2 use the products for us 1? I have read through the pages but I am very unclear what the difference really is at this point. Any clarifications appreciated. Oh and can it work with XT like the original can?

I should have asked this question BEFORE I bought the new US2... I'm curious to know the answer too.  :)

• ZiconZicon Posts: 263

As stated on the product page:

Compatibility

Use all your older (Classic) UltraScenery content within UltraScenery2*. Content compatibility was an important priority during development - you can use Classic Ecologies on new Terrain presets, or use new Ecologies on Classic Features.

There is no better solution for creating limitless, beautiful and highly detailed landscapes within Daz Studio than UltraScenery2.

* Some restrictions may be applicable - such as Classic Features will only work as expected on terrains that are 64 x 64m and Biome layer settings are not available for Classic Ecologies

Zicon said:

As stated on the product page:

Compatibility

Use all your older (Classic) UltraScenery content within UltraScenery2*. Content compatibility was an important priority during development - you can use Classic Ecologies on new Terrain presets, or use new Ecologies on Classic Features.

There is no better solution for creating limitless, beautiful and highly detailed landscapes within Daz Studio than UltraScenery2.

* Some restrictions may be applicable - such as Classic Features will only work as expected on terrains that are 64 x 64m and Biome layer settings are not available for Classic Ecologies

Yeah.. I saw that Zicon... I'm still trying to get it open.. I guess I need to figure that out first :)  I'm so confused... Sorry.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

I should have asked this question BEFORE I bought the new US2... I'm curious to know the answer too.  :)

US2 will work with all the landscape features and ecologies from US1.  And US2 scenes can be combined with USXT scenes, just like the originals. The US1 toolboxes will not work with it, however.

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited May 29

alexhcowley said:

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

US2 will work with all the landscape features and ecologies from US1.  And US2 scenes can be combined with USXT scenes, just like the originals. The US1 toolboxes will not work with it, however.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you... I understand all that... but for now I can't even figure out HOW to open the program!!!  Someone tell me where it is please???  I must be blind..

ok.. never mind... DIM never INSTALLED it.. ughh... I found it now... sheesh.. i'm such a noob sometimes.. sorry

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

Llola Lane said:

alexhcowley said:

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you... I understand all that... but for now I can't even figure out HOW to open the program!!!  Someone tell me where it is please???  I must be blind

Rightclick Left or Right tab panel, add Panel (UltraScenery)

Llola Lane said:

alexhcowley said:

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you... I understand all that... but for now I can't even figure out HOW to open the program!!!  Someone tell me where it is please???  I must be blind

as Totte said. It works just like XT pretty much 

Llola Lane said:

alexhcowley said:

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

In Windows:  Window - Panes - UltraScenery2

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

Llola Lane said:

alexhcowley said:

Llola Lane said:

Choppski said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Right click on the tab where you want to put it, select add pane and a list should appear with US2 near the bottom. Click on this and it should appear on the tab. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

i forgot to add, on my post/render above, it only took around 3 minutes to render. RTX 4080

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Ghosty12 said:

Awesome thank you for your help, had to wonder what I was doing wrong. smiley The one thing though that I have found is that USC1 ecologies such as trees and the like do not show up when used in USC2. They do show up when rendering but you can't see where the trees and what not will be.

@Ghosty12 You just need to cick the little eye icon in the preveiw column of the layer you want to preview in the viewport. The two columns are R for render and V or viewport. Click the eye in the V column.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 153338.jpg
    685 x 710 - 73K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

@Ghosty12 Stone Bridges worked OK for me. I used Stone Bridge 4 and Britain 4. Which feature and ecology are you using?

USC2 Stone Bridge 04 Britain 04_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    edited May 29

ok.. Thanks everyone.. DIM never installed it... I'm glad I checked or I'd still be scratching my head.  It downloaded it... but didn't install... All fixed now.. Found it...

Tried my first SIMPLE out of the box without reading the instructions scene with Classic stuff and it works great!  I suppose my scene will look even better once I watch the videos that I bought with it :)  I have almost all of US add ons... I'm hoping I can figure out HOW this is different than what I already bought.  I still don't understand it all much... I just love the scenes it makes.  I'm HOPING to add to the guys wish list ... a BEACH scene.. I really could use BEACH right now :) 

Here's my first go... it rendered pretty fast at 512x512. Less than 2 minutes... But like I said.. it's SIMPLE!  ENJOY.

ULTRASCENERY2 test by Llola Lane.png
    512 x 512 - 491K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352

druc said:

There has been mention of Toolbox 1 and 2 for UltraScenery not being required (also don't work in US2) because "most" of the functions are incorporated into USC2. I found it very useful in UltraScenery to be able to isolate an offending plant that was blocking the camera view. Move or delete option. Is this option available in USC2?

True you cant do that, but you can make sure there is an exclusion zone around your camera to stop big plants getting in the way. Its at the top of the plane. You can also then set the individual biome layers to react to culling ( ie the camera exclusion zones and camera view only culling or not) That works like a mask around the camera.  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 29

My first try - I like it very much.

Need to figure out these exclusion zones and culling.

us2test02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Hello together,

well i got a little problem with the new UltraScenery 2 Product !

I bought it this morning and first installed in manually at the same Harddrive i have all Ultra Scenery Products installed. After this i could use the Trees, stone, gras, etc. in the Smart Content, but the Plugin in the pane section is missing. So i can´t start the Landscape generator. Well i thought, i made a mistake by installing it manually and so uninstalled everything manual again. After this i used the Daz Install Manager to install the product on the same harddrive as all Ultra Scenery Products, but had the same error again ! 

The Plugin to start the Landscape Generator for Ultrascenery is missing, but in the Smart Content i can use the trees, stone, gras, etc.

Well i uninstalled the product again and installed it new, but the same error again ! I tried this some time again and even unistalled Daz Studio 4.22 and installed und updated every new. But always i have the same error ! Well it seems that the "Ultrascenery 2 - Realistic Landscape System Win 64" is broken or was released with a major error. 

So i got this, when i install the file (please see Attachment)

Well i tired to download the file manually from my Daz Account and via Daz Install Manager, but always there is this strange error ! Well i never had problems with the Ultra Scenery Products, i really love. So it´s a pitty that this time it won´t work. Has somebody a solving or a good advice for me ?!?

Thanks in Advance !

Error File Ultra Scenery 2.jpg
    1881 x 945 - 394K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

ulrichmschaefer said:

Hello together,

I bought it this morning and first installed in manually at the same Harddrive i have all Ultra Scenery Products installed. After this i could use the Trees, stone, gras, etc. in the Smart Content, but the Plugin in the pane section is missing. So i can´t start the Landscape generator. Well i thought, i made a mistake by installing it manually and so uninstalled everything manual again. After this i used the Daz Install Manager to install the product on the same harddrive as all Ultra Scenery Products, but had the same error again ! 

The Plugin to start the Landscape Generator for Ultrascenery is missing, but in the Smart Content i can use the trees, stone, gras, etc.

Well i uninstalled the product again and installed it new, but the same error again ! I tried this some time again and even unistalled Daz Studio 4.22 and installed und updated every new. But always i have the same error ! Well it seems that the "Ultrascenery 2 - Realistic Landscape System Win 64" is broken or was released with a major error. 

Well i tired to download the file manually from my Daz Account and via Daz Install Manager, but always there is this strange error ! Well i never had problems with the Ultra Scenery Products, i really love. So it´s a pitty that this time it won´t work. Has somebody a solving or a good advice for me ?!?

Thanks in Advance !

Have you:
    (a) - Checked under installed plugins if it's there?
    (b) - Have you checked under Windows->Panel (Tabs) it it's there?

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

In the video that's on the sales page, when the camera is moving, it appears as if the water is moving. I could be very wrong and it's just the camera movement, so I'm just wondering if it's just me or if it really has that capability now. 

ulrichmschaefer said:

Hello together,

Thanks in Advance !

What version of Daz Studio do you have? For General Release in Windows the actual plugin should be in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\UltraScenery\UltraScenery.dll

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 29

Even more fun with the custom height maps.

us2test04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ulrichmschaeferulrichmschaefer Posts: 24
    edited May 29

Dear Doctor Jellybean,

well i have the last Daz 4.22 Studio Pro Version, which i updated today even twice. 

The Plugins for the Ultra Scenery i have on a other drive than C:, because i have meanwhile a very big 3D Collection of Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderhub, etc. material. 

Anyway i never hade problems with the Ultra Scenery Products and the UltraSceneryXT Plugin is on the same harddrive and works without problem. 

It seems that Win 64 file is broke or has some kind of error (Please see my first attachment) !

So when i install it the Daz Install manager even say it has a Size of - 1 bytes !

Dear Totte,

thanks for the advice. But it´s strangly not shown, even that i can use the Props in the Smart Content !

In Contrast UltraSceneryXT is shown and works perfectly !

Plugins.jpg
    1402 x 850 - 189K
    Post edited by ulrichmschaefer on
  • Well i really don´t understand it ! So i use the original files from my Daz3D Account !

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 23-06-20 Daz 3D.png
    1478 x 840 - 257K

ulrichmschaefer said:

Dear Doctor Jellybean,

well i have the last Daz 4.22 Studio Pro Version, which i updated today even twice. 

The Plugins for the Ultra Scenery i have on a other drive than C:, because i have meanwhile a very big 3D Collection of Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderhub, etc. material. 

Anyway i never hade problems with the Ultra Scenery Products and the UltraSceneryXT Plugin is on the same harddrive and works without problem. 

It seems that Win 64 file is broke or has some kind of error (Please see my first attachment) !

So when i install it the Daz Install manager even say it has a Size of - 1 bytes !

Dear Totte,

thanks for the advice. But it´s strangly not shown, even that i can use the Props in the Smart Content !

In Contrast UltraSceneryXT is shown and works perfectly !

Looks like the Plugin zip is corrupted. Uninstall it, select and right click and select delete selected zip. Re-download.