UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

Bunyip02 said:

mcorr said:

20% for previous owners is rather paltry.

Add UltraScenery 2 A Comprehensive Guide to the cart and see what happens ....

ahhhhhhh .... indeed ...looks much better now. That is something I would also have mentioned on the promo.

• RoobarbRoobarb Posts: 18

This was an instant buy, very impressive.

I see some posts with Classic ecologies with some sparser placement of trees, I only seem to get a thick dense jungle effect. Is there a way to control distribution with the Classic ecologies? I feel like I'm missing something.
    I've read the PDF and watched Martin's guide videos but didn't see any way to do it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited May 30

Roobarb said:

I see some posts with Classic ecologies with some sparser placement of trees, I only seem to get a thick dense jungle effect. Is there a way to control distribution with the Classic ecologies? I feel like I'm missing something.
    I've read the PDF and watched Martin's guide videos but didn't see any way to do it.

Some ecologies are dense and some are sparse. You can control the density with a layer mask, just like in the original UltraScenery. After adding your selected mask to the trees layer, preview the trees layer in the viewport by clicking the eye icon.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 143709.jpg
    802 x 512 - 92K
    Screenshot 2024-05-30 143750.jpg
    802 x 512 - 90K
    Screenshot 2024-05-30 143939.jpg
    631 x 486 - 50K
    Screenshot 2024-05-30 144930.jpg
    2724 x 1385 - 770K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 30

alexhcowley said:

Artini said:

Anybody knows about how to check what size is generated US2 terrain?

There's a width parameter on the Terrain panel.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thanks, I have found it. The default is 64 meters.

My try with 128 meters terrain.

scr02.jpg
    1237 x 620 - 89K
    USC2River01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 30

Interesting, has changed resolution to 256 and the image looks different.

USC2River01pic02res256.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1023K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

alexhcowley said:

Artini said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Each USC2 Terrain Preset has its own default size. some are 64M and some are 128M. The terrain browse window shows a thumbnail of the terrain shape annotated with the default size of that terrain.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 145732.jpg
    802 x 512 - 44K
  • RoobarbRoobarb Posts: 18

barbult said:

Roobarb said:

Some ecologies are dense and some are sparse. You can control the density with a layer mask, just like in the original UltraScenery.

Ah, gotcha, thanks :D 

edited May 30

barbult said:

Artini said:

alexhcowley said:

Artini said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Each USC2 Terrain Preset has its own default size. some are 64M and some are 128M. The terrain browse window shows a thumbnail of the terrain shape annotated with the default size of that terrain.

Ok, thanks, I did not know that.

Below is a render of the same scene with the resolution of 512.

USC2River01pic03res512.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 30

Just want to thanks a lot @HowieFarkes for developing such an amazing piece of software.

I could play with it all the time.

Congratulations. Very well done.

Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755
    edited May 31

HowieFarkes said:

AnEye4Art said:

So, I've documented my steps 1-4 that leads up to Daz constantly crashing. And it happens everytime I try to apply a terrain preset.

I can't tell from your screen shots but is the UltraScenery2 content installed? The plug-in seems to to be missing some stuff which is why I imagine you are just getting at flat terrain.

The UltraScenery 2 content is installed. 

Screenshot 2024-05-30 171036.png
    1065 x 127 - 15K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

There's not much to choose from under the material and terrain presets.

Material.png
    483 x 245 - 54K
    Terrain Preset.png
    497 x 344 - 23K
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Totte said:

And F.Y.I, Alienator Pro II is on it's way soon (as shown in the video by Martin Frost that was released today), and Mask Builder II is almost done too, as I know these two tools are essential to a lot of the work that manu of you do with UltraScenery. 

btw, thank you so much for updating your awesome scripts to work with USC 2.0! Mask Builder was so awesome in USC 1, that I was a little worried about it not working with the new version. I'm so happy that @HowieFarkes, @Martinjfrost and you all came together to make awesome stuff for UltraScenery 2. I picked up the tutorials from Martinjfrost in anticipation for these, so I can't wait for them to get released! This is actually the very first tutorial I've purchased since I have a feeling it will be great (I've worked through most of the experiments and experiences post from @barbult, but never purchased tutorials in the past)! 

I really hope that someone creates a UltraScenery 2.0 render thread in the Commons section before this weekend (when I'll finally get a change to try out my new purchases)! I think it deserves a render thread since it's as awesome (or more awesome) than all the Daz Original Character render threads. =)

A huge thanks to all the content creators and artists that are bringing these tools to Daz!

I also uninstalled and reinstalled US2 and its contents but it still crashes.
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

AnEye4Art said:

I also uninstalled and reinstalled US2 and its contents but it still crashes.

Can you send me a DAZ Studio log file from start-up of Studio until after you first create the terrain. And a crash log?
    edited May 31

Artini said:

The resolution determines how many polygons are in the terrain. You mainly only need to bump it up if you can see obvious straight lines or visible polygons on the roads or streams. But changing the resolution can change the distribution of the plants as the ecology reacts to the different polygons.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

jjoyner said:

Peter Wade said:

Totte said:

Elor said:

Totte said:

Sounds like a "running out of memory" issue to me 

Would the plugin works with 32 GB of RAM (I can not add more) ?

Yes!

The main issue is of you make a huge area and then turn preview instances for example, it can get a bit slow. I've been run it on a 32GB machine for Alienator pro II and Mask Builder II development with nom problems.

How about 12GB? I've got an old dektop PC and the motherboard can't take any more RAM. 

@Howie Farkes, @Totte,

Yesterday, Peter Wade also posted the following which was not directly addressed in anyone’s posts

Peter Wade said:

• Are there any guidelines on how much computer power you need for UltraScenery 2? I've got a fairly old computer, 6 core i7 with 12GB and a GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB Vram. It does Iray as long as I don't try anything too complex and it runs UtraScenery and UltraScenery XT but this version sounds like it might need a lot more computer power. Is anyone running UltraScenery 2 on a system anything like mine?

I realize that every computer setup is unique due to its components, but could you briefly provide a set of minimum/suggested/recommended specs for playing happily with USC2.  Also, any best practices would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

If you can happily render G8 or G9 figures you should be fine with UltraScenery2. It was developed on a 4 year old Apple iMac with an ATI video card (so no GPU rendering for me). The promo videos were rendered on the iMac. But also - how long is a piece of string? It is entirely dependent upon how big you want the scene to be and how much other stuff you load into it. In general an UltraScenery2 scene will take up less than 4GB of RAM when rendering for me.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited May 31

My first use of US2 ...

Autumnal_01.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by SimonJM on

SimonJM said:

My first use of US2 ...

Oh, beautiful colors!

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

@HowieFarkes,

OK.  Thanks for the helpful information.  I have a Windows 10 laptop with modest resources (16 GB RAM and RTX 2060 with 6 GB VRAM).  It struggles with US1 unless I manage its resources well with other utilities, as needed, such as Render Throttle for Iray, Camera View Optimizer, Scene Optimizer, etc.).

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited May 31

OK, I'm about halfway through Martin's tutorial and I finally have a first try to share. 

(Yes, I had to save it and then go to my beta install to render it.)

USC2-FirstTry.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 393

Still no word about the "Atmospheres" mentioned in the promo?

Steel Rat said:

Still no word about the "Atmospheres" mentioned in the promo?

I think they're referring to the Iray Sun/Sky system built into DAZ Studio there.
  • HighlandHighland Posts: 161
    edited May 31

My second USC2 image. This after a number of crashes that appeared to happen randomly.

summer reading 3.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M
    Post edited by Highland on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102
    edited May 31

I used Britain01 and Bridge01 for this using USC2

2024-05-30 21:30:08.884 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 10 minutes 39.50 seconds

Click on image for full size

bridge01-britain01-usc2-test-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

AnEye4Art said:

There's not much to choose from under the material and terrain presets.

I agree but it seems a safe bet that there will be lots of ecology and terrain add-ons in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Alex. 

HowieFarkes said:

Artini said:

The resolution determines how many polygons are in the terrain. You mainly only need to bump it up if you can see obvious straight lines or visible polygons on the roads or streams. But changing the resolution can change the distribution of the plants as the ecology reacts to the different polygons.

Thank you very much for the explanation.

You are the best.

• robbyleinrobbylein Posts: 28

Hello, I have problems after installing the plug-in "Ultra Scenery2." The content (plants, materials etc...) I can find in the content tab. But the script can't be found. For more information, see Annexes. Roberto.

US2.jpg
    1838 x 401 - 62K
    US2-2.jpg
    480 x 673 - 18K
    US2-3.jpg
    320 x 151 - 5K
    US2-4.jpg
    518 x 249 - 14K
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OK, I'm about halfway through Martin's tutorial and I finally have a first try to share. 

(Yes, I had to save it and then go to my beta install to render it.)

Nice work!! Love the pond! 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

robbylein said:

Hello, I have problems after installing the plug-in "Ultra Scenery2." The content (plants, materials etc...) I can find in the content tab. But the script can't be found. For more information, see Annexes. Roberto.

Have you opened the Tab for UltraScenery 2? 

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 95
    edited May 31

Robbylein sagte:

Hallo, ich habe Probleme nach der Installation des Plug-Ins "Ultra Scenery2." Der Inhalt (Pflanzen, Materialien usw.) Ich kann auf der Registerkarte Inhalt finden. Das Skript ist jedoch nicht zu finden. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in den Anhängen. Roberto.

I see it. You need to open the tab and pin it to your tabs.

31-05-_2024_11-46-30.jpg
    553 x 482 - 45K
    Post edited by Norman_R on