UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755

HowieFarkes said:

AnEye4Art said:

I also uninstalled and reinstalled US2 and its contents but it still crashes.

Can you send me a DAZ Studio log file from start-up of Studio until after you first create the terrain. And a crash log?

I have the log files ready. Do you want me to post them here?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

AnEye4Art said:

HowieFarkes said:

AnEye4Art said:

I also uninstalled and reinstalled US2 and its contents but it still crashes.

Can you send me a DAZ Studio log file from start-up of Studio until after you first create the terrain. And a crash log?

I have the log files ready. Do you want me to post them here?

DM me through the forum.

Here you go: the log files are labelled start, create and crash.

txt
    txt
    log_Start.txt
    1M
    txt
    txt
    log_Create.txt
    1M
    txt
    txt
    log_Crash.txt
    1M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

Do you add your own height map or something? I see tons of

2024-05-30 18:15:10.086 [WARNING] :: QImage::setPixel: coordinate (118,1999) out of range

Which often means an image for map is not rectangular.

Totte said:

2024-05-30 18:15:10.086 [WARNING] :: QImage::setPixel: coordinate (118,1999) out of range

No, Sir. I did not add any height map. I did check the height map box and or the noise box. 

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905

So, I have a question about Ultra Scenery 2. I've been experimenting with it and one thing I've got an issue with is that the classic content is greyed out. I have quite a lot of the classic content and was looking forward to playing with it in the new generator. Is there something I need to do to "register" it with the plugin or something?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377
    edited May 31

Riggswolfe said:

So, I have a question about Ultra Scenery 2. I've been experimenting with it and one thing I've got an issue with is that the classic content is greyed out. I have quite a lot of the classic content and was looking forward to playing with it in the new generator. Is there something I need to do to "register" it with the plugin or something?

Click on the little box in between the down arrow and the words "Features" and "Ecologies" and the options should appear.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905

That did it. That little box was nearly invisible in my color scheme. Thanks. 

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 74

I seem to be having an issue with the rendering time. I've loaded only the Ultrascenery 2 plugin, made a new terrain and added some trees and pebbles, but a render takes over an hour and is still only 35% done. I've used the included render settings, but changed the max samples to 1500 and turned off the render quality option.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

vaaern said:

I seem to be having an issue with the rendering time. I've loaded only the Ultrascenery 2 plugin, made a new terrain and added some trees and pebbles, but a render takes over an hour and is still only 35% done. I've used the included render settings, but changed the max samples to 1500 and turned off the render quality option.

Are you using the 4.22.0.x release version of Daz? 

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 74
    edited May 31

paulawp (marahzen) said:

vaaern said:

Are you using the 4.22.0.x release version of Daz? 

I'm on 4.22.0.16

edit: Seem to be a lot more tired than I thought. I was also rendering in 2560x1440, tried a couple of different terrains and now it renders properly. So maybe it was the trees I chose. I think I picked aspen 4 and the river pebbles.

Post edited by vaaern on
  • bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 106
    edited May 31

My first Render with UltraScenery2

Originalsize in my Gallery

US2-Stream2-Grass01-Perouges-01-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by bombenleger58 on

Nice color grading and prop choice.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 31

My trial of UltraScenery 2 with Width 256 m and Resolution 512.

My Nvidia graphics card has only 8 GB of VRAM, so it is a positive surprise.

scr02.jpg
    986 x 1029 - 121K
    River04sc03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited May 31

And the closeup of the previous scene - try to locate where it was done.

River04sc03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited May 31

Nice picture, but I might say I hope you're not contemplating a career as a "Where's Waldo" artist laugh (except if Waldo's the name of the second tree in the first row next to the patch of grass located 10 meter south of the [...] blush).

And thanks to the people who answered my questions in the previous pages smiley

Post edited by Elor on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

bombenleger58 said:

My first Render with UltraScenery2

Originalsize in my Gallery

Oh that's lovely with the village in the back, and such a calm and summery atmosphere!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,615

I decided to give this a try even before HowieFarkes posted his reply. After all, the Daz returns policy means I can give it back if I can't make it work. Well, my conclusion is it works fine on my computer, it's a great product and I'm keeping it! I bought the guide as well and this is very useful. I've only been using it for a short time, I've only reached part 4 of the guide and I've already produced an image that I like which I'll add here.

River1V3.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    edited May 31

AnEye4Art said:

Totte said:

No, Sir. I did not add any height map. I did check the height map box and or the noise box. 

Can you list all the actions you are taking? You didn't mention checking the heightmap box before so are there other actions you are taking?

How are you getting that "Apply Properties Preset" window to pop up? I have never seen that one before.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
    edited May 31

It's after accepting apply properties preset (step 6) that I get the crash. But it does not matter if I check the heightmap box first or after, I still get a crash.

Step 1.png
    522 x 195 - 9K
    Step 2.png
    494 x 317 - 23K
    Step 3.png
    2422 x 663 - 622K
    Step 4.png
    504 x 692 - 42K
    Step 5.png
    1207 x 628 - 277K
    Step 6.png
    1085 x 607 - 246K
    Crash.png
    551 x 209 - 37K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited May 31

AnEye4Art said:

It's after accepting apply properties preset (step 6) that I get the crash. But it does not matter if I check the heightmap box first or after, I still get a crash.

Something different about your set-up as I dont' know what that pop-up is all about. It should just start applying the new terrain preset without showing that window.

And the terrain should not be flat, the default terrain uses the eroded hills generator to give it some shape.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
    edited May 31

HowieFarkes said:

AnEye4Art said:

Something different about your set-up as I dont' know what that pop-up is all about. It should just start applying the new terrain preset without showing that window.

And the terrain should not be flat, the default terrain uses the eroded hills generator to give it some shape.

I've never had to return any of your products or any other Daz product before. So fingers crossed hoping for a solution. 

AnEye4Art said:

HowieFarkes said:

AnEye4Art said:

I've never had to return any of your products or any other Daz product before. So fingers crossed hoping for a solution. 

It occurs to me that the problem is upstream of you applying the terrain preset. That fact you only have a flat terrain means something is going wrong much earlier. If you change the terrain width or enable the "noise" generator does anything happen?

"If you change the terrain width or enable the "noise" generator does anything happen?"

I get the same end result - crash.

1.png
    2492 x 713 - 400K
    2.png
    2474 x 715 - 604K
    3.png
    501 x 181 - 16K

AnEye4Art said:

"If you change the terrain width or enable the "noise" generator does anything happen?"

I get the same end result - crash.

Ah, so the noise and eroded hills generators are working. Can you add an Ecology preset to the scene? Looking like somehow applying a properties preset duf to the scene is causing the crash. I'm sure you mentioned it but what version of Studio are you using?

"what version of Studio are you using?"

"Can you add an Ecology preset to the scene?"

Just tried and, you guessed it - crashed.

AnEye4Art said:

Do you have UltraSceneryXT installed and it's working OK?
    edited June 1

Do you have UltraSceneryXT installed and it's working OK?

Yes, and it works great.

1.png
    2533 x 769 - 778K
    2.png
    1661 x 665 - 405K
    3.png
    2054 x 839 - 3M
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

Me: I've had a couple of random crashes using classic ecologies - not reproducibly but it has happened two or three times, with different ones. I haven't had one while using the new USC2 ecology items.

"what version of Studio are you using?"

Me: I still haven't had a for-suresies report on normal rendering time with 4.22.0.x, as in the current release. I found a thread from a couple of months ago in which - I believe -  Daveso was reporting slow rendering, and I suspect we all promptly tested in our beta 4.22.1.x versions - which work fine. The render I did in my post a few back was done in my beta instance and it took 6 minutes. When I tried the same scene in my release instance, after 15 minutes, it was up to 5%.