UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

bombenleger58 said:

Morning Ride

the Original size and without DoF in my Gallery

That village background added a very nice touch to your lovely render.

• bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 106

The Village Background is Yvoire by Faveral

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

bombenleger58 said:

The Village Background is Yvoire by Faveral

Thank you, bombenleger58 (großartiges Pseudonym! winklaugh)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

well, DS crashing everytime I try to use a WOODLAND ecology using USC2. Doesn't matter which one... select it and the program crashes. I looked at the log file but I might as well look at a foreign language. I think I'll dlete the current and try it with a blank slate maybe...tomorrow

today I tried it and it worked. I think it was a memory problem. 

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 393

Totte said:

Hi,

are you "that" Steel Rat from the Dundjinni and Greytale era?

Yes. I run RPGMapShare.com. 

• Hey, everybody - new stuff out today!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hey, everybody - new stuff out today!

Yup, nice stuff for USC2.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352

The first addons are out today, Ultarascenery Biomes - Vol 1  deals with all things grassy! From Clover to Dandelions and bringing Ultrascenery 2 s Level of Detail features to the fore - or rather not to the fore as youll never notice those plants in the distance are not as detailed as the ones close to your camera, also with long grass in flower to add that extra bit of realism to your scenes!  FIND IT HERE

And also Alienator Pro II  is finally here meaning you can now swap out items in your ultrascenery scene with those of your choosing! A great , must have companion to Ultrascenery II FIND IT HERE

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

Nice high prices on the biome and AP2 , even for previous AP owners. Both will have to wait until the prices decrease, and then I'll use a coupon to get even deeper discounts, all of which I wouldn't do if the prices had been lower. Said differently, I would have priced this differently, especially for previous owners. Until the price comes down, I'll just do some AI renders for free. Cheers!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

mcorr said:

Nice high prices on the biome and AP2 , even for previous AP owners. Both will have to wait until the prices decrease, and then I'll use a coupon to get even deeper discounts, all of which I wouldn't do if the prices had been lower. Said differently, I would have priced this differently, especially for previous owners. Until the price comes down, I'll just do some AI renders for free. Cheers!

I must admit that I was somewhat surprised that AP2 wasn't discounted for AP1 owners.

Cheers,

Alex.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited July 10

$18.89 for some flowers strewn on a path ... right. It's the kind of offer that invites you to embrace patience. A challenge I gladly accept, while I do AI renders for free!

Post edited by mcorr on

Yeah, I am a bit shocked there isn;t some type of discount for users of the USC 1 products. I have all of them, including Alienator Pro, other than the VDB cloud product. Not sure I'm headeding down that, buy all the new again path. These going into WL. I'm not all that into USC2 anyway, to be honest. It just pretty much seems more of the same in a larger perhaps higher resolution format. Yeah, it looks good, but so does USC1. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755

I was hoping for a discount as I own most of the assets. Both look great but the price.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

When I am able to afford the things I like and want, I am also pleased to support the creators of AMAZING things and am happy that there is something new to be in awe of.  That's not to say I don't appreciate a deep discount, but I am content knowing I am supporting something I love and PAs that work hard to keep us happy.  UltraScenery (and add-ons) is one of those things I gladly support no matter what - it brings me that much happiness.

The Joy is in The Work.  (But, alas, we all have bills to pay, even PAs)

• Gogger said:

When I am able to afford the things I like and want, I am also pleased to support the creators of AMAZING things and am happy that there is something new to be in awe of.  That's not to say I don't appreciate a deep discount, but I am content knowing I am supporting something I love and PAs that work hard to keep us happy.  UltraScenery (and add-ons) is one of those things I gladly support no matter what - it brings me that much happiness.

That's pretty much my position. Of course I shop for deals and a lot of Daz stuff that I buy, I buy because I sorta want it and was able to get a deep discount on it. But there are some things I pay full "new product prices" for, even if I can't get additional discounts, and that includes USC stuff. 

edited July 10

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Gogger said:

That's pretty much my position. Of course I shop for deals and a lot of Daz stuff that I buy, I buy because I sorta want it and was able to get a deep discount on it. But there are some things I pay full "new product prices" for, even if I can't get additional discounts, and that includes USC stuff. 

I usually buy the uSC stuff upon release, but now that we're in round 2 of the same stuff we already purchased, even though it might be enhanced, it would seem logical there would be a bit of a discount. I think overall DAZ selling is changing though, but this discounting happened pretty much across the board in the past, at least a whole lot of released 2nd generation stuff

Post edited by daveso on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606
    edited July 10

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Gogger said:

I usually buy the uSC stuff upon release, but now that we're in round 2 of the same stuff we already purchased, even though it might be enhanced, it would seem logical there would be a bit of a discount. I think overall DAZ selling is changing though, but this discounting happened pretty much across the board in the past, at least a whole lot of released 2nd generation stuff

Not sure what you mean. Everything in US2 Biomes vol 1 is 100% new content.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

mcorr said:

Making a completely new and very complex script product is not like spending a < week fitting a set of clothes to a new figure. AP2 took about a month to develop to support all new things in USC2, like LOD.
    And AP1 has sold many copies at 3.99 or 4.99, so selling away AP2 at a very discounted price  to owners of AP1 would just never make it even close to break even with the time spent to develop it.

edited July 10

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Gogger said:

Not sure what you mean. Everything in US2 Biomes vol 1 is 100% new content.

it feels like more of the same to me. Sorry. We have dandelions and all that in USC1? I will admit I've not delved into a lot of the new features in USC2, but wht I've done so far feels a lot like USC1, as far as the result. I'm probably missing something. Again I apologize, as I know how much work goes into such a product and I do love everything in USC1.  I was waiting with much anticipation for USC2 and when it came, I bought it right away. After using it a bit, it didn;t knock me off my feet like I was expecting.... BUT, nothing in DS has knocked me off my feet since USC1 and the products in that line, of all products released at DAZ since.  I'm just being honest. 

Post edited by daveso on

Totte said:

mcorr said:

Making a completely new and very complex script product is not like spending a < week fitting a set of clothes to a new figure. AP2 took about a month to develop to support all new things in USC2, like LOD.
    And AP1 has sold many copies at 3.99 or 4.99, so selling away AP2 at a very discounted price  to owners of AP1 would just never make it even close to break even with the time spent to develop it.

you are right, of course. I do understand. We should be loyal and buy the products so we can continue to get them developed. From a customer point of view, a loyalty discount is also mighty nice. I will apologize for being an ass though, as I know I am being one. PAs need to make a living and get paid for time spent. I think some of my feelings come from my overall feelings about DAZ in general. Used to be a rah rah man, but the flavor of the day isn't catching my taste buds much anymore.  

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112

I will admit I expected an additional discount or credit for owning previous versions - something Daz and the PA community has done previously with other products. But I understand the reasoning and I don't have a problem with it. Primarily because I'm not using 'real' money to purchase the products. I'm using 'Daz Dollars' - my store credit - accumulated by purchasing gift cards and converting (redeeming) them as store credit. My current collection of 'Daz Dollars' all cost me 80 cents each, so at time of purchase using them I'm getting a de facto 20% additional discount.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299

It was my impression, from comments on       why Aluienator wasn't available at the same time as UltraScenery, that the changes in US were sufficient that this was pretty much a new script. That is also, perhaps, why the Biomes are new products rather than simply upgrades.

• vamokvamok Posts: 241

I love both Alienator Pro II and US2 and I find the ability to preview with the actual models totally worth a little extra expense. It is nice to know your camera won't be blocked by foliage, which happened to me often with US1. You just couldn't be sure until you ran a test render. Also, inevitably, I would forget and try to Iray preview a scene and cause Daz to crash. The new products are simply easier to work with, and more spontaneous in showing your changes.

Take my money, you have earned it! (Although, I did have 7 tokens to use)

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 720

Love the look of the new stuff, especially the dandelions and clover! Definitely going to use those... though sadly I'm kinda dead in the water on US2 until the terrain-altering/masking utility comes out. The ability to create specific (as opposed to gorgeous but somewhat random) scenery was the entire draw for me.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

I fully understand that USC2 is a completely new deal and therefore, there were no discounts for owners of USC1. I also seem to remember that we still got nice discounts just from how the sales were set up that day it released. I never felt it was too expensive either way.

The new biomes also look really really pretty! But I must admit that USC2 in general has felt a bit 'samey' to me from the start, and this goes in the same direction. It's not that these are not new plants for USC, but for one, I own all of these plants and much, much more from MartinJFrost already and can throw them into my scenes with Alienator and such - and my library is bursting and I just don't feel like buying iterations of the same things over and over.

Secondly, I was / am kind of hoping for some really new landscapes I guess, to come with USC2. Like, dunno, wild Carpathian mountain forests, the Irish Burren, Death Valley. You know? Something relating more to real, intriguing places instead of rather generic climate zone areas. I mean, we have those already and can use them via the classic content. Why just reproduce them?

Thirdly, I was / am really hoping for something to do with seasons, like snowy terrains and trees and such. You told us that we could make them by ourselves easily enough with what's in the store, but doesn't that go for dandelion meadows even more? And it's not that easy really, especially with snow. 

Soooo ... These are my personal reasons for not buying the new additions right away this time. And I'm really and truly sorry for feeling like this, because I do love USC, I think it's the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to DS. But man. I gotta put all this stuff somewhere ...

edited July 11

mcorr said:

I think the prices of these items reflect realistically the time it took to create them. It was not a short process. And for the creators its a job, and how they pay the bills.Time spent on these product was time not spent on something quick and cheap.

Thus if a product takes time and care ( and having been one of the creators for one of these products and helped with testing and working on the other too, the amount of effort and time and painstaking work on making sure you the customer get a good working product, was phenominal. ) Each of these products took months to create. I starte workj on the plants for this and (hopefully some other new cool biomes) last NOVEMBER - it is now JULY!  -  That is, for the PA, months of paying bills and not working on something else.

Of course we all like a nice discount, but please bear in mind the work put in to  procucts you buy -

All of the content in the Bioms is new. It was specially created for use in Ultrascenery rather than as standalone products ( the products in my store that are simelar are of a much higher poly count and will quickly choke many computers if transfered in to Ultrascenery where as these plants are of a suitable poly count - which was no mean feat in creating the base versions whilst also where appropriate having ultra low poly versions also that are used at distance, something you do not have in the stand alone sets of simelar plants.  I know because I built the base models my self. It took me a long time to do so and Howie a long time to put in to the Bioms and create the LOD for it too.  I for one am very proud of my work on this, and also the work of Howie and Totie - And whilst I appreciate that these are not cheap items, they are, in my opinion, worth every penny. You dont get A Rolles Royce for the price of a push bike after all.  

Post edited by Martinjfrost on

Richard Haseltine said:

It was my impression, from comments on       why Aluienator wasn't available at the same time as UltraScenery, that the changes in US were sufficient that this was pretty much a new script. That is also, perhaps, why the Biomes are new products rather than simply upgrades.

Exactly that.  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Bought both and have used both as well. Happy to support USC2 and APII !!!

Looking forward to the next items as well !

• RandomRandom Posts: 201
    edited July 11

Hey, I for one have no resentment for paying again for USC ii. It's value is clearly in the result from all that work of MF & HF. More weather variety like snow scenes etc would be nice. For a hoot I tried combining a USCii scene with Terradome Bzone (untextured)

Deer by Stream_b_TerraDome500.png
    500 x 400 - 452K
    Post edited by Random on