UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

DoctorJellybean said:

Fishtales said:

Duck Bay

2024-06-22 09:16:10.030 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 31 minutes 10.34 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Very nice!

Excelent!  The contrast between the rocks, the grass and the autumnal vegitation works beautifully and the ducks add that little extra something. A great render.

Cheers,

Alex.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

Fishtales said:

Duck Bay

2024-06-22 09:16:10.030 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 31 minutes 10.34 seconds

So refreshing on these hot days. Lovely. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

Fishtales said:

Duck Bay

Great render indeed! 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Thanks everyone. It isn't something I set out to do, it just comes together in my head as I go along. A lot of it I suppose is based on personal experiences and scenes that I have passed though in the 74 years on this planet :) Being brought up by a photographer and being one myself probably also helps in framing and scene setting. I'm not a professional just a lucky amateur.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited June 23

NPR Moose - Carrara render using UltraScenery 2 render as a background image

NPR Cuban Red Macaw - Carrara render using UltraScenery 2 render as a background image

NPR Stezza's Ute - Carrara render using UltraScenery 2 render as a background image

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755
    edited June 24

Distant landscape done in gaea, the clouds / fog are VDBs from embergen and the foreground is US2. I call this one "river view".

Landscape.jpg
    2688 x 1512 - 881K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

well, took the chance and did the 4.22.0.16 update. We will see if any problems. 

I reused the same distant land scape, increased the VDB visibility for more detail and added a few elements.

Windmill.png
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

AnEye4Art said:

I reused the same distant land scape, increased the VDB visibility for more detail and added a few elements.

Very nice!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,917

AnEye4Art said:

both versions look incredible

@AnEye4Art: Impressive renders!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305

Great images, @AnEye4Art

Thanks for the comments. Here are some pics to help put things in perspective: the circled object is the US2 environment compared to the imported mesh from gaea. The imported terrain is 8.02 GB in size with a water mask, normal map and color map. My workflow for creating my own VDBs for daz is export a high quality, detailed vdbs from embergen to blender. In blender I create the mesh container for the vdb then export as fbx. Import the mesh into daz and apply the vdb. The mesh must be low resolution because high resolution meshes do not work well.

1.png
    1870 x 911 - 3M
    2.png
    1690 x 903 - 612K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305

Interesting approach, @AnEye4Art - well done.

edited June 28

finally getting the hang of this to work for the upcomig scenes for my comic

referencing the landscape of Irkestam pass in the Pamir mountains.

backgrond mountains are made with USC XT

usc2test_irkeshtampass.png
    800 x 640 - 901K
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Linwelly said:

finally getting the hang of this to work for the upcomig scenes for my comic

referencing the landscape of Irkestam pass in the Pamir mountains.

backgrond mountains are made with USC XT

Looking really good! 

• I'm loving these river scenes, especially since that's what I've been struggling with all day (or all year, or since I started using Daz really). Any tips on getting a wider river?

• Working thru ultrascenery 2 tutorial product and getting to the part about camera culling of Preview Grass. No preview grass is showing up after taking the steps outlinerd in the video. Is there a switch or control to toggle the preview grass? 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited June 29

echristopherclark said:

I'm loving these river scenes, especially since that's what I've been struggling with all day (or all year, or since I started using Daz really). Any tips on getting a wider river?

FWIW, I've been tinkering with various approaches. This one uses the Gamma setting in conjunction with a heightmap of a river. I picked a random river height map online, set that in USC2, turned off Eroded Hills for this particular example, picked an ecology (USC2 Woodland 02) and turned on the water and picked a Water Preset that suited my scene. I twiddled with Water Level and Water Height until I had a basic river that clearly matched my Y-shaped river height map (Default): 

Here's the same scene and camera with Gamma at .75:

And with Gamma at 1.25:

River-Default.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    River-Gamma75.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    River-Gamma125.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • paulawp (marahzen) said:

echristopherclark said:

I'm loving these river scenes, especially since that's what I've been struggling with all day (or all year, or since I started using Daz really). Any tips on getting a wider river?

FWIW, I've been tinkering with various approaches. This one uses the Gamma setting in conjunction with a heightmap of a river. I picked a random river height map online, set that in USC2, turned off Eroded Hills for this particular example, picked an ecology (USC2 Woodland 02) and turned on the water and picked a Water Preset that suited my scene. I twiddled with Water Level and Water Height until I had a basic river that clearly matched my Y-shaped river height map (Default): 

Those look great. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the river height map? I've been trying various resources but none of them seem able to output a height map small enough for US2 to handle.

• echristopherclark said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

echristopherclark said:

Those look great. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the river height map? I've been trying various resources but none of them seem able to output a height map small enough for US2 to handle.

This particular one I just found by searching online for "river height map"." Most that were returned were clearly an area that was way too big for the size of my USC object, but this one caught my eye as being plausible. The file itself is tiny.

great work with that river @paulawp

I call this one: the castle in the sky.

Sky Castle.jpg
    2688 x 1512 - 657K

AnEye4Art said:

I call this one: the castle in the sky.

wow. very nice one

@paulawp   Great work on the rivers. so much potential with USC2. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

Googling "river height map" results in mostly anything but that :)

• DoctorJellybean said:

This is the one I used for the purpose. As a height map, it's not great, but I figured it would do for the purpose of being a starter kit for a little river. One of these days, I want to find a better way, but ... too many projects, too little time.

heightmap-example.jpg
    474 x 634 - 41K
    river1-heightmap.jpg
    474 x 474 - 14K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

paulawp (marahzen) said:

DoctorJellybean said:

This is the one I used for the purpose. As a height map, it's not great, but I figured it would do for the purpose of being a starter kit for a little river. One of these days, I want to find a better way, but ... too many projects, too little time.

Oh, thank you. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

• Yes, thanks for uploading that. It'll be fun to play around with that and see if I can get anything nearly as good-looking as you got!

• bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 106

Morning Ride

the Original size and without DoF in my Gallery

P3D Ursula-US2-Yvoire-01-DoF-sm2.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 735K