UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Finally getting a chance to test out some things I picked up in recent days.

Oh, that's so nice! You should post it in the rabbits commercial thread. Which rabbit species is that one?

These guys are Swedish Hares.

Thanks, You made them look alive.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited June 10

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Oh, that's so nice! You should post it in the rabbits commercial thread. Which rabbit species is that one?

Thanks! I really like these bunnies. Also getting a bit more confident with USC2.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • WebsoulWebsoul Posts: 221
    edited June 10

Ratu and Widget

The new Ultra Scenery works great and I love it that you can mix new landscapes with US1 Ecologies.

I had a lot of troube rendering this out with my 3060 card and had an issue that every subsequent render pass would take twice as long, in the end before I stopped the progress one pass would take at least 1 hour.
    After testing some things I discovered that turning off my 4k screen and only using my secondary FHD screen freed up just enough memory to be able to render it normally.
    So even though it would render using my GPU it was fighting with my pc for screen time for some reason.

All in all I love it and can't wait for the new mask builder to come so I can plot some sceneries with buildings

Ratu_and_Widget_V01 FHD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 642K
    Post edited by Websoul on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755
    Nice.
  • drucdruc Posts: 399

Now, I often forget to check weekly and even monthly freebies. I just did and MartinJFrost has a new freebie offering. It has a promo image (attached). I have Alienator Pro and this is new. 

png
    png
    wildflowerscampion08daz3d.png
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

druc said:

Now, I often forget to check weekly and even monthly freebies. I just did and MartinJFrost has a new freebie offering. It has a promo image (attached). I have Alienator Pro and this is new. 

i dont see that anywhere, or in my install of Alienator pro, or as update in DIM 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

daveso said:

druc said:

i dont see that anywhere, or in my install of Alienator pro, or as update in DIM 

Alienator Pro II has not been released yet.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841
    edited June 10

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

And for Martin Frosts weekly DAZ+ Plants and the Alienator Pro support (the install location was changed so Alienator Pro cant find the items so the Set wont be visible, I think an update is coming, but I fixed it to use it.

Stuff this into /data/BWCTotte/Alienator Pro/PData ( and remove the one that is spelled almost the same (but with a typo in the name - not that really matters for Alienator Pro)

Edit: Forgot to mention: Alienator Pro 2 will find all your Alienator Pro Sets in PData (products), but the replace sets cannot be used as USC2 is so much different.

json
    json
    MJFWCP_Wildflowers__CampionX.json
    Post edited by Totte on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Thanks! I really like these bunnies. Also getting a bit more confident with USC2.

The render is so lovely, the fur comes out really well in this light!
    Just one little thing, I do hope you don't mind me saying this: the poses are both rather un-rabbitlike, judging from my own experience. They're more like deer poses, maybe. A rabbit would crouch to drink, for example, extending its neck from there. Of my four, I rarely ever see anyone standing up on all for legs like this. Their default pose, so to speak, is sitting crouched on their back haunches (correct term?), both pairs of feet assembled under them so much that you usually only see the front ones and the sides of the back pair (if they're not competely hidden by fur and belly ;-).  So, just FYI. But maybe there's totally different breed that I don't know of, that move quite differently!

• tsroemi said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Just one little thing, I do hope you don't mind me saying this: the poses are both rather un-rabbitlike, judging from my own experience. They're more like deer poses, maybe. A rabbit would crouch to drink, for example, extending its neck from there. Of my four, I rarely ever see anyone standing up on all for legs like this. Their default pose, so to speak, is sitting crouched on their back haunches (correct term?), both pairs of feet assembled under them so much that you usually only see the front ones and the sides of the back pair (if they're not competely hidden by fur and belly ;-).  So, just FYI. But maybe there's totally different breed that I don't know of, that move quite differently!

Noted! smiley  I am a horse girl, not so much a rabbit girl. But they're darn cute. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited June 10

I have so much fun creating masks and height maps for UltraScenery 2.

Really interested what Mask Creator and Alienator 2 will bring to to US 2.

Pink01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

paulawp (marahzen) said:

tsroemi said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Noted! smiley  I am a horse girl, not so much a rabbit girl. But they're darn cute. 

And this is why I love DAZ! I am NOT a horse person, two times on my aunt's horses does not make a horse person; nor does a distant memory of a rabbit in a cage in our backyard in L.A. count me as a rabbit person. No clue. But the render is lovely and I can feel the soft fur. Besides I love your horses paulawp (marahzen). And thanks tsroemi for expanding my knowledge beyond a little girl's memory. I do remember they bite.

Mary

I've noted the slow renders. DS is using my 4080 for rendering. What I've noticed is that its taking 2 hours and a couple seconds no matter what ecology or terrain I use, or the lighting. This is the latest, 2 hours and 7 seconds.

bright and orange-red1.jpg
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

daveso said:

I've noted the slow renders. DS is using my 4080 for rendering. What I've noticed is that its taking 2 hours and a couple seconds no matter what ecology or terrain I use, or the lighting. This is the latest, 2 hours and 7 seconds.

Two hours is the default timeout, the odd seconds may be the time the last iteration takes to complete so that it can stop.

Richard Haseltine said:

daveso said:

Two hours is the default timeout, the odd seconds may be the time the last iteration takes to complete so that it can stop.

wow..so if I turn that off, it might take 10 hours or something. I just tried using the spot renerer and that caused the scene to crash. not saved prior, of course

Hope you will solve the problem with your computer, @daveso

Are you using Windows 11?

edited June 10

Simple map/mask, but I like the results.

Checkers01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

yes, Windows 11

@Artini I'm enjoying your wild creations, as always.

edited June 11

Totte said:

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

And for Martin Frosts weekly DAZ+ Plants and the Alienator Pro support (the install location was changed so Alienator Pro cant find the items so the Set wont be visible, I think an update is coming, but I fixed it to use it.

Stuff this into /data/BWCTotte/Alienator Pro/PData ( and remove the one that is spelled almost the same (but with a typo in the name - not that really matters for Alienator Pro)

Edit: Forgot to mention: Alienator Pro 2 will find all your Alienator Pro Sets in PData (products), but the replace sets cannot be used as USC2 is so much different.

@Totte There is a DIM update for the Campion, but the JSON filename for your Alienator pData still looks wrong (misspelled). 

• /data/BWCTotte/Alienator Pro/PData/MJFWCP_Wildfglowers__CampionX.json
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

barbult said:

Totte said:

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

@Totte There is a DIM update for the Campion, but the JSON filename for your Alienator pData still looks wrong (misspelled). 

The actual json file is spelled that way, as well as inside it.

edited June 11

barbult said:

@Artini I'm enjoying your wild creations, as always.

Thanks a lot for the comments.

The new ideas for what to create with Ultra Scenery 2 are popping up all the time.

I am addicted to it.

Post edited by Artini on

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Totte said:

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

I know, but it seems like that misspelling should have been corrected when the update was submitted.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Totte said:

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

I know, but it seems like that misspelling should have been corrected when the update was submitted.

The you would end up with two files, one correct and one misspelled....

edited June 11

daveso said:

Artini said:

yes, Windows 11

I hope that you have sufficient power supply and adequate cooling system in your computer.

The other thing is the recommended computer RAM size to use efficiently your Nvidia graphics card.

Apologies, if you already know it.

I have just searched on Google for "rtx 4080 slow performance rendering"

or for "rtx 4080 slow performance on windows 11"

and there are some reports about problems.

Post edited by Artini on

Totte said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Totte said:

Leana said:

daveso said:

druc said:

Nope, not yet..

The you would end up with two files, one correct and one misspelled....

I do already have two, because the one you posted here is NOT misspelled. I think I'll just delete the one I got from DIM today.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 352

Glad the update is up and running, sorry about the mispelling. The file now works, which is the main thing. I had thought that mispell had been corrected, clearly not. My bad. 

Artini said:

daveso said:

Artini said:

yes, Windows 11

I hope that you have sufficient power supply and adequate cooling system in your computer.

The other thing is the recommended computer RAM size to use efficiently your Nvidia graphics card.

thank you very much for the advice. I will look up the problems with win11 and 4080. I could use more ram maybe. I have 32gig in the system ... should bump up to 64. 

• daveso said:

Artini said:

daveso said:

Artini said:

yes, Windows 11

thank you very much for the advice. I will look up the problems with win11 and 4080. I could use more ram maybe. I have 32gig in the system ... should bump up to 64. 

Daveso, do you have the beta installed? I would be curious if you, like me, have terrible, awful performance in 4.22.0.16 (in my case, with a 3090 on Win 10), but any newer version of the 4.22.1.x beta does not have this problem. 

edited June 11

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

Artini said:

daveso said:

Artini said:

yes, Windows 11

Daveso, do you have the beta installed? I would be curious if you, like me, have terrible, awful performance in 4.22.0.16 (in my case, with a 3090 on Win 10), but any newer version of the 4.22.1.x beta does not have this problem. 

I do not have the beta installed. It might be interesting to give it a try though. My slowness seemed to happen when I left 4.21 and "updated to 4.22 actually. It seems that every new version causes something to not work the same. I'm actually t the point of not wanting to update in fear of something else not working, why I have not updated to 4.22.0.16, beterr hair or not.

Post edited by daveso on