UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited June 8

I'm beginning to like the pouptput of USC2, but it's a slow one ... my current render has been sloggin for 1.5 hours and only at 25%. Its dense, with a sky add on, fog, and USXT but still 

Post edited by daveso on
    edited June 8

here is the render at 26%. Do you think it could be basically done already, or what is the advantage of keeping it rendering. Its basically at 2 hours right now

usc2 xt-1.jpg
    546 x 594 - 356K
    usc2 with mountain1.jpg
    1267 x 953 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

daveso said:

I'm beginning to like the pouptput of USC2, but it's a slow one ... my current render has been sloggin for 1.5 hours and only at 25%. Its dense, with a sky add on, fog, and USXT but still 

What version of Daz are you running? This is the sort of thing I'm seeing since upgrading Daz.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

What version of Daz are you running? This is the sort of thing I'm seeing since upgrading Daz.

For the record, I am using latest beta, and have not seen any issues so far. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited June 8

AnEye4Art said:

All the rendered US2 artworks are great. Adding the bunnies to the scene is next-level eye candy.

Thanks a lot.

More bunnies...

Rabbits04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 8

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

4.22.0.15   I am sort of holding offf on .16 but maybe it doesn;t matter anyway. I have a Nvidia 4080 so maybe it should render quicker. The final took just over 2 hours. 2:0:25 exact.  The scene contains USC2 with Skies of Economy and USXT. I forgot what biomes..I think Woodland

Post edited by daveso on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,189

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

4.22.0.15   I am sort of holding offf on .16 but maybe it doesn;t matter anyway. I have a Nvidia 4080 so maybe it should render quicker. The final took just over 2 hours. 2:0:25 exact.  

If you look in the log, are you then actually using your GPU? 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,498

daveso said:

here is the render at 26%. Do you think it could be basically done already, or what is the advantage of keeping it rendering. Its basically at 2 hours right now

That is absolutely, totally & utterly stunning.. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

daveso said:

Wow, I love that image! I'd call it done enough (I'm a CPU renderer though and maybe have lower standards than you?)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841
    edited June 8

A little teaser for what's hopefully arriving for UltraScenery2 daz soon...

Mask Builder II

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 730K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 755

Nice.

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

4.22.0.15   I am sort of holding offf on .16 but maybe it doesn;t matter anyway. I have a Nvidia 4080 so maybe it should render quicker. The final took just over 2 hours. 2:0:25 exact.  The scene contains USC2 with Skies of Economy and USXT. I forgot what biomes..I think Woodland

I was wondering. A while back in this thread, I recall you first mentioning performance issues and at the time, I was running 4.21 release and 4.22.1.x beta - no problem rendering USC scenes in either. Since upgrading my release Daz in early May, I now have 4.22.0.16 - and I also have the same problem you were reporting then. As I've mentioned in this thread, my beta Daz runs great - can whip out complex USC scenes in minutes - but my main instance now takes ... who knows how long. I've never let one go past 45 minutes (at about 15% completion, the last time I let one go that long). Same scene, same computer, same drivers. I tested turning off all my plug-ins (in production - the beta instance doesn't acknowledge the non-Daz ones) to no avail. The only other obvious difference is 4.22.0.x vs 4.22.1.x. At this point, I'm just hoping that when the release series gets to the 4.22.1.x track the problem self-resolves. In the meantime, I'm rendering more complex USC scenes in my beta Daz. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

I was wondering. A while back in this thread, I recall you first mentioning performance issues and at the time, I was running 4.21 release and 4.22.1.x beta - no problem rendering USC scenes in either. Since upgrading my release Daz in early May, I now have 4.22.0.16 - and I also have the same problem you were reporting then. As I've mentioned in this thread, my beta Daz runs great - can whip out complex USC scenes in minutes - but my main instance now takes ... who knows how long. I've never let one go past 45 minutes (at about 15% completion, the last time I let one go that long). Same scene, same computer, same drivers. I tested turning off all my plug-ins (in production - the beta instance doesn't acknowledge the non-Daz ones) to no avail. The only other obvious difference is 4.22.0.x vs 4.22.1.x. At this point, I'm just hoping that when the release series gets to the 4.22.1.x track the problem self-resolves. In the meantime, I'm rendering more complex USC scenes in my beta Daz. 

that's interesting for sure.  

felis said:

daveso said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

4.22.0.15   I am sort of holding offf on .16 but maybe it doesn;t matter anyway. I have a Nvidia 4080 so maybe it should render quicker. The final took just over 2 hours. 2:0:25 exact.  

If you look in the log, are you then actually using your GPU? 

yes -- 2024-06-08 22:53:05.940 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Device statistics:
    2024-06-08 22:53:05.940 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080): 427 iterations, 2.370s init, 7206.844s render 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

Totte said:

Mask Builder II

Totte,

I will be lying in wait with a fully loaded, large calibre credit card.  "Daz soon" sounds a little ominous, though. Does this mean it will be out before the end of the year?

Incidental issue: that log cabin looks really good. Where did you find it?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

alexhcowley said:

Totte said:

Mask Builder II

Totte,

I will be lying in wait with a fully loaded, large calibre credit card.  "Daz soon" sounds a little ominous, though. Does this mean it will be out before the end of the year?

Cheers,

Alex. 

DAZ Soon is as close as I can estimate ;-)
    The cabin is from this set: https://www.daz3d.com/thatched-cabins

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307
    edited June 9

alexhcowley said:

Totte,

Cheers,

Alex. 

Totte replied lol.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,305
    edited June 9

Just found what cause very long response for Daz Studio in US 2 on my computer.

I have tried to use Ecology Preset: TA Dry Desert 04 on a 128 m terrain.

Rendering went well, but there were so many Coconuts (forest type) 154333 instances

so I disabled that layer, because US 2 are missing Palms.

Then I have tried rendering again.

When I was trying to save the render, Daz Studio becomes not responsible

for a couple of minutes.

Post edited by Artini on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

AnEye4Art said:

memcneil70 said:

I also had an update to my Nvidia drive this week. The Studio Driver is v. 555.99 released on 4 Jun 2024. The Game Ready Driver was updated on the same day. My flatmate has that installed on his laptop for a GTX 1080.

I crash on my RTX 4090 only when I forget that my 32Gb Ram/Vram cards will only tolerate just so many changes/try outs in Daz before it gets annoyed and crashes on me. I need to be more disciplined. Save and reboot.

I have the latest studio driver v.555.85 released on May 21 2024. Daz studio v. 4.22.0.16

Ah, that may be the difference. While I have both versions of the Public releases of Daz Studio, I primarily work on the Public Build of the Beta which is at 4.22.1.150 (I am on my laptop that has Win 10, a GTX-1080 card and is currently rendering so I can't double-check the version number.) This is my habit on all four computers I have Daz Studio installed on. 

• steelrazersteelrazer Posts: 9

Ultra Scenery 2: Unable to load or use classic content. I have considerable classic Ultra Scenery content, but cannot access it in the new US2. Only the new content shows up, and in the Classic content area the dropdown boxes or browse does not show up any content. The preset boxes are greyed out and there does not seem to be any way to access anything. Any ideas? Thank you.

So are you saying that I should update to the latest public build? Because I don't see any updates in DIM.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377
    edited June 9

steelrazer said:

Ultra Scenery 2: Unable to load or use classic content. I have considerable classic Ultra Scenery content, but cannot access it in the new US2. Only the new content shows up, and in the Classic content area the dropdown boxes or browse does not show up any content. The preset boxes are greyed out and there does not seem to be any way to access anything. Any ideas? Thank you.

There's a small box in between the down arrow and the words "Features" and "Ecologies". Click on that and all should appear. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

AnEye4Art said:

So are you saying that I should update to the latest public build? Because I don't see any updates in DIM.

Do you have the Public Build (beta) in your acciunt and downloaded or installed?

• steelrazersteelrazer Posts: 9

Thank you very much, alexhcowley!!! Perfect!

edited June 9

Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

Do you have the Public Build (beta) in your acciunt and downloaded or installed?

Edit: I found it. Thanks.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited June 9

Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

US2 finally worked for me but only in the latest public build 4.22.1.150. The terrain is no longer deselected when creating the terrain and it works super fast. I had only one crash with the beta and that was using the layers. But the crash was not as violent like before, it was very subtle. Thanks Richard Haseltine.

Screenshot 2024-06-09 151655.png
    2330 x 942 - 2M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

US2 (and my pc) passed a stress test by keeping all the layers under ecology layers for the USC woodland 05 ecologies turned on while changing to different ecologies, adding layers and making other changes without a crash.

Screenshot 2024-06-09 151655.png
    2179 x 905 - 4M
    edited June 9

Wabbitses!

Finally getting a chance to test out some things I picked up in recent days.

RabbitsAtTheRiver.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 956K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Oh, that's so nice! You should post it in the rabbits commercial thread. Which rabbit species is that one?

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Wabbitses!

Oh, that's so nice! You should post it in the rabbits commercial thread. Which rabbit species is that one?

These guys are Swedish Hares.