IrayTo3Delight conversion script

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

I really wanna buy the ROG Medieval Fantasy Bedroom, but it's only iray. Has anyone here tried it with this script? If so, how's it look?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

I really wanna buy the ROG Medieval Fantasy Bedroom, but it's only iray. Has anyone here tried it with this script? If so, how's it look?

I don't have that set but most everything I've converted looks great... some may need a few tweeks.. but mostly I'm happy with the results.  I wait to see if anyone else responds :)

edited July 2019

Has anyone tried to convert Three Amigos for Daz Dog 8 textures to 3DL using this script? I want to use some of the coats for my LAMH dog presets for dog 8, and I only use 3DL.

Also curious if anyone's tested da forest grove

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

Has anyone tried to convert Three Amigos for Daz Dog 8 textures to 3DL using this script? I want to use some of the coats for my LAMH dog presets for dog 8, and I only use 3DL.

Also curious if anyone's tested da forest grove

I guess no one else is watching this thread... Sorry Willow I don't have those either.  I guess you're gonna have to just give it a try :)  I'm sure you will they will be ok.  Just watch the eyes on the dogs... You may have to invisible the tear bits... but the rest should be ok.  (fingers crossed)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

I just saw this and I used the freebie script to convert to 3DL ,can't remember if I had to adjust the displacement or not and Llola Lane is right about the tear you have to adjust the opacity ,but once you get it right save it as a material and you are good to go next time

Thanks, guys :)

• So I've used the script a couple of times and it seems to do the job, except for the specular values. And I'm not sure why it insists on loading the diffuse maps into reflection color...a bit tedious to have to remember removing them and adjusting reflection strength;) Anyway, tks!

• This script should be something Daz the company sould include in Studio built in if they are just requiring their merchants to just do Iray materials.

• This script should be something Daz the company sould include in Studio built in if they are just requiring their merchants to just do Iray materials.

yes

yes

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

This script should be something Daz the company sould include in Studio built in if they are just requiring their merchants to just do Iray materials.

...yesyes

• Has anyone tried converting the currently free Wild Flowers - Water Plants Vol 2? If so, how's it look?

• Has anyone tried converting the currently free Wild Flowers - Water Plants Vol 2? If so, how's it look?

I own this and it converts fine you need to use a 3dl water shader and adjust the opacity to your likeing and you need strong overhead lighting to see vegitation in water.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

how can i add subsurface options to a converted character ?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

ok its a shader 

forgot about this old stuff

It seems unlikely that DAZ would require only one type of materials. Perhaps DAZ are encouraging that Iray be included, and some merchants don't have good 3DL converters (for example, those merchants may not have seen this thread wink ).

To the creators of this script, thank you for providing it - and for free. Much appreciated. smiley

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Daz doesn't tell PAs to only make 3dl.

Most of us don't because it requires time and skill to do a good material, and many of us are out of practice or never used 3dl at all.

Finally, Iray products sell way better.

• Oso3D said:

Daz doesn't tell PAs to only make 3dl.

Most of us don't because it requires time and skill to do a good material, and many of us are out of practice or never used 3dl at all.

Finally, Iray products sell way better.

Yeah, but some of us can't use IRay. Yes, this converter helps, if you can get it to work, but having actual 3DL shaders would be much better. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

I don't get the 'yes, but'

Someone suggested Daz tells PAs not to make 3dl materials, I'm pointing out that's wrong.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

There are still 3DL shaders to purchase ,in the DAZ store there are also free ones on ShareCG ,but using this converter and then learning to adjust the settings to what you like and what looks good , is a great learning experience I use 3DL ,and still buy the stuff that is Iray only ,cause it's not really it just requires a bit more personal work ,which is why sales are good!!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Ok, I finally had a chance to do some quick testing between other projects.  I gambled on recent sales and picked up about ten inexpensive iray shaders, although I tried to pick ones that I thought might work (things that looked like they were based on image maps and not procedural, mostly avoiding glass/metal/etc).  I haven't extensively tested them out so I'm sure there could be issues I haven't noticed, and I haven't compared them to their iray renders to see what the changes are so I have no idea how they were supposed to look.   I haven't tried every setting from every pack yet, but I went through and did spot checks by picking out a setting from each product or each folder within a product, working under the assumption that most of the shaders within a product (or within a folder within that product) were likely to be built in a similar way and hopefully my spot check would be representative of that group. 

I'm happy to report that out of ten gambled-upon iray shader products, every one of them had something that converted to 3DL using this script.  It looks like the bump or displacement may need tweaking perhaps, but I'm usually doing that anyway. It appears that perhaps only the settings in a basic untextured metals folder from a single of those products will be unuseable.  Win!  Thanks for this script!

• Esemwy said:

In collaboration with @timmins.william, I am pleased to announce an automated material converter from Iray Uber to 3Delight Basic. It won't eliminate all custom tweaking, but should make the task considerably less painful. Included are the script, an icon, and a tip. They should be named "IrayTo3Delight.dsa", "IrayTo3Delight.png", and "IrayTo3Delight.tip.png" respectively in a directory of your choosing. All the bugs are my own, so don't blame Will, just post them here, and I'll do my best to be responsive. Render on!

Edit: 2017/01/09 Fixed "Metallic Weight" conversion

Where is the Link?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    Esemwy said:

In collaboration with @timmins.william, I am pleased to announce an automated material converter from Iray Uber to 3Delight Basic. It won't eliminate all custom tweaking, but should make the task considerably less painful. Included are the script, an icon, and a tip. They should be named "IrayTo3Delight.dsa", "IrayTo3Delight.png", and "IrayTo3Delight.tip.png" respectively in a directory of your choosing. All the bugs are my own, so don't blame Will, just post them here, and I'll do my best to be responsive. Render on!

Edit: 2017/01/09 Fixed "Metallic Weight" conversion

Where is the Link?

There's no link, the script is attached to the post.

• Great, I just asked about this on technical help!

Im going to see if if works before I take down my post.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2020

Goto first page first post look at bottom of very first post. If you download you may have to rename everything so it looks good. Note make sure the name for the .dse script and the icon you choose both have the same name. Or make your own just make sure it is 91x91 and in png format. This will work for most stuff without icons.

Post edited by Silver Dolphin on
  • StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244

Thanks so much. I normally use the RSSY product to convert Iray to 3Delight, but for some reason it's just not working properly on a couple of things recently. I did a search, found this and it works perfectly!

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

Thanks. I use it - Iray is a good render, but it takes a lot (and another lot) of time, 3Delight is much faster and sufficient for some renders.

Nice Days and Nice Renders

atoxic

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,735

I use this script also, but i don't understand because a lot of PA don't make all the shaders for 2 version of render engine. Isn't difficult create a 3Delight shading, and post also a mat pose for Iray, because a lot of user are hobbist, and don't have all the time to render in Iray.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244

My problem is that I can't afford to upgrade my PC just so that I can use Iray and dforce in DAZ Studio. (Neither work on it, but the PC is fine for everything else I need to do). This means that a lot of the content I would like to buy is really of little use to me, unless I can find work arounds like this script.

• Hope this works well on my little old 32 nvidia no iray intended, xxx thanks very much xxx